Search results

  1. M

    Snuffy - 1978, 1979, 1980

    It was said that Michael Earl Davis was Caroll Spinney's understudy at the time that he performed Snuffy. I wodner if he stopped being an understudy when he was cast as Snuffy. After all, at the time, everyone thought Snuffy was Big Bird's imaginary friend, which limited interraction between...
  2. M

    No shirts, no shoes, no service, no more?

    If the no shirt policy was dropped, I would think that Mickey Mouse would have more to do with it than George W. Bush... ;)
  3. M

    Allistar Cookie's pipe

    I was reading at Muppet Wiki that in the earlier Monsterpiece Theater skecthes, Allistar Cookie had a pipe in his mouth, and at the end of the skits, he ate the pipe, but then he eventually stopped having a pipe, possibly out of fear that it was making kids want to smoke. Now, I remember seeing...
  4. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I have recently though of an idea. I am not sure if it would work or how good the idea is, but after this set get's released and we all know what's on it and how it is presented (as in whether there are full episodes or just classic clips, or both, or even if there are special features) we...
  5. M

    Snuffy - 1978, 1979, 1980

    You mentioned that because of The Muppet Show you, Caroll Spinney, and Brian Meehle were the only full-time performers on Sesame Street. But Fran Brill didn't perform on The Muppet Show (except for in two episodes from the first season). Was she busy doing something else? Also, Brian Meehle did...
  6. M

    TMS Script - Shari Lewis

    Good so far. I like the opening number and the Muppet University bits.
  7. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Both of those are already available on the video and DVD release Put Down the Duckie (which originally aired on television as The Sesame Street Special). Of course, I haven't seen any copies of this on video or DVD at any of my local stores in a long time. All of those have been released on...
  8. M

    Eeeehh! I've got the uncut version of Muppet Family Christmas!

    That is The Christmas Toy. Kermit appeared at the beginning and end of the special (I guess from your description of the show you didn't get the first few minutes in tape). This has been released on video twice, but so far it hasn't been released on DVD. This is one of the few productions...
  9. M

    What if Sesame Street Live was around during the early years?

    I was refferring to the live stage shows featuring walk-around costumes that have been produced every year since 1980. I knew about the album. Caroll Spinney's autobiography also mentioned that the cast toured around the country after Sesame Street became a hit, and said that Oscar originally...
  10. M

    What if Sesame Street Live was around during the early years?

    I have been wondering lately... what do you think Sesame Street Live would have been like if the first Sesame Street Live show was produced in 1969, 1970, or 1971? I doubt there would have been a Sesame Street Live show for the first year. After all, the show was just getting started, Sesame...
  11. M

    Questions about the Don Knotts episode of TMS

    He sounded a bit like Bert, only sweeter. It's been a while since I've seen this, but I think he says "It's the Muppet Show with our very special guest star Don Knotts!" I can't remembetr if Don Knotts says anything in the closing number.
  12. M

    Earl's reasons for marrying Fran

    On Dinosaurs, Earl has often mentioned different reasons for marrying Fran. Here is a list of some of the reasons: In Hurling Day, Earl told Fran that he married her so that he can hurl her mother over a tar pit. In How to Pick up Girls, Earl told Robbie that he married Fran just because...
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

    Here are some more reviews: The Mating Dance: This episode is great. I like it when the Baby get's his tail caght on fire. It's interesting that, at the beginning, it is said that this episode takes place 60 million years ago, when the previous episode mentioend that it was the year 60...
  14. M

    Sesame Workshop unveils plans for Season 37

    Since this season will focus on starting school, then now would be a good time to release Getting Ready for School on DVD (and maybe also release the unrelated album of the same title on CD). Of course, I wouldn't be surprised if a new DVD about school were released. Hmmm... I wonder if...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

    I think he is talking about a different episode, Little Boy Boo, which is from the third season.
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

    I've watched a few more episodes, so now here are a few more reviews: Nuts to War part 1: It is kind of funny how pictachio nuts seem to be a limited snack food. Is this true? Anyway, this is part one of Dinosaurs' only two-part episode, and it seems a little bit serious. I wonder if Fran...
  17. M

    From TVGuide: SS Adds New Female Muppet

    I wonder if she will interact with The Amazing Mumford. I hope she isn't a replacement for Mumford, or even a female Mumford. Still, maybe she and Mumford can sing a song together, finally giving Mumford a song on the show. Also, she isn't the first new female muppet on Sesame Street in 13...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

    I just got the set yesterday. The first episode I watched was the one episode on the set that I don't ever remember seeing, WESAYSO Knows Best. I also found some of the Dino-eggs (I've seen websites that listed where they are, but I keep forgetting where they are). I also watched one of the...
  19. M

    The Muppet Show Yearbook 1980-1981

    Here is the final chapter in my Muppet Show Yearbook series of fan fics. (the show opens with a shot of a book, featuring "The Muppet Show Yearbook: 1980-1981" on the cover. Scene dissolves to a shot of Kermit, Miss Piggy, Fozzie, Lew Zeland, Rizzo, Gonzo, and Scooter sitting around a table...
Top