Search results

  1. M

    Working with Frank Oz.

    Caroll Spinney didn't realy talk about why he hardly had any regulars in his autobiography, but there are some things he said that seemed to contradict this. Regarding the fact that it took Jim Henson over a year to get Caroll pinney involved with the company, Spinney said that Henson asked...
  2. M

    Ask questions to Chris Cerf; interview in preperation

    I read that Sesame Street got a new producer in 1993 who didn't like rock and roll, so because of this Christopher Cerf either got fired or quit. I'm not too clear on this, but Cerf did stop working on thew show at this time.
  3. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I posted a review of All-Star Alphabet a long time ago, and now here is a link to my review: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showthread.php?t=21705
  4. M

    Telly and Snuffy

    Yes, they interracted a lot in Music Works Wonders, which was included as a bonus feature on the "What's the Name of That Song?" DVD. I read that John Tartiglia performed Hoots to a pre-recorded vocal track by Kevin Clash in that production. Aside from that, it doens't seem like it s very common...
  5. M

    Working with Frank Oz.

    Do you mean that Jim never felt comfortable or Caroll never felt comfortable? And by core group, do you mean get Caroll Spinney performing more characters besides Big Bird and Oscar in non-Sesame productions, like most of the other main performers (Henson, Oz, Nelson, Brill) at the time?
  6. M

    The Nitpickers Guide To the Muppets

    That's right. I'd rather see Rowlf in a Jimmy Dean sausage commercial, since he was on Dean's show.
  7. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    After watching a few clips, I was wondering if anybody could tell me who performed the following characters: Cookie Monster's grandmother in the Sesame Street News: Little Red Riding Hood sketch. The Dentist in the sketch where Grover puts teeth in Kermit's mouth. I have a feeling...
  8. M

    Questions we may never know the answer

    I have a few questions now: 1. Were Kermit and Grover a regular duo during the first season? There is only one first season sketch with these two characters (the one where Kermit wanted Grover to get in a box), and Kermit's other lectures usually co-starred Beautiful Day Monster or Cookie...
  9. M

    Ask questions to Chris Cerf; interview in preperation

    So has this interview been made yet? Was it cancled?
  10. M

    who's that muppet in 30th anniversary logo?

    Yes, but I'm talking about the creature on the other bottom side next to Ernie.
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: Dinosaurs Sesasons 1-2 DVD

    Well, now that I've watched all of them, I guess I'll get off my butt and review the rest of them: Leader of the Pack: Not bad, but not good, either. It is funny how Robbie and his entire family get beaten. It's interesting that a fake funeral was held for Robbie. Wouldn't the other gang...
  12. M

    who's that muppet in 30th anniversary logo?

    I was just looking at the page for The Muppets: A Celebration of Thirty Years at Muppet Wiki, and was looking at a picture of the logo, and I noticed that in the lower left corner, next to Ernie, there is a character with a hook-like nose, similar to Gonzo's, but Gonzo is seen on the top right...
  13. M

    Willie Wimple

    Can anybody tell me anything about Willie Wimple? I have recently read that he was a character who was part of a series of environmental cartoons on Sesame Street. I've seen one of them, Water Pollution, but he only appears to be there at the beginning. Can anybody explain this character, or...
  14. M

    Working with Frank Oz.

    Yes, it did take years to get this show on the air, but The Muppet Movie was went into production three years after the show began, and I doubt tha Henson would have hired people to write a script before a deal for the movie was made. I know you didn't say this, but I also doubt that a script...
  15. M

    Telly and Snuffy

    It seems like it's been common for Caroll Spinney, Jim Henson and Frank Oz to perform characters interracting with each other, but not as common for other performers, like Martin Robinson, Kevin Clash, or Richard Hunt.
  16. M

    Questions about the Playhouse Videos

    I think that the following videos could have had clips from the movies: The Kermit and Piggy Story: Never Before, Never Again, The Rainbow Connection, The First Time it Happens, and maybe the wedding sequence from The Muppets Take Manhattan (following the staged wedding sketch). Rock...
  17. M

    Questions about the Playhouse Videos

    I recall the clip form The Muppets Take Manhattan also being edited. I think the video cut the brief scene where Gonzo speaks to the boat driver. After Gonzo mentions that the chickens will do their impression of Tony Bennet singing the William Tell Overture, it cuts straight to the chickens...
  18. M

    TMS Copyright Notices

    I figured that. What I was wondering was why Henson didn't just use one of the animated logo sequences from the 1980s (though I'm not sure when those were created, and I don't know when Henson bought the rights to the show).
  19. M

    Jim Henson and 1980s Performers

    Often when I see or hear about a Sesame Street sketch from the 1980s where Jim Henson performs a character who co-stars with a character who was performed by somebody who joined Sesame Street in the 1980s (or even late-1970s), I often wonder how those performers felt, being able to work with the...
  20. M

    TMS Copyright Notices

    I often wonder why a new shot of Zoot was used for the closing logos after the distribution rights to the show were sold. I mean, couldn't Henson have just replaced the ending shot with the Henson Associates logo used in various 1980s productions instead (then again, I do not know if the...
Top