Search results

  1. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    And if it was just skits, this would be a good amount of content: Disc 1: *Big Bird Skits: Admiral Big Bird Big Bird Meets Little Bird ABC-DEF-GHI (original version) Big Bird and a girl demonstrate "Big" and "Little" *Ernie and Bert Skits: Ernie has Bert guess the number of...
  2. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I'm starting to feel convinced that this set will have complete hour-long episodes. I could be wrong. I think three episodes on four discs each, with some bonus features would be fair. This would be a good line-up: Disc 1: The First Episode the episode where Big Bird complains about...
  3. M

    eventful segments

    This doesn't really concern me much, but I have read somewhere that whenever the Baker films for the numbers one and ten were shown it was like an event. Of course, the Ten skit isn't really that rare anymore: it was included in some Noggin episodes (and therefore available to tape traders), it...
  4. M

    Poor Bean

    Did Bean ever get hurt on The Jim Henson Hour?
  5. M

    Judging The Episodes

    I'll give it a Bravo!
  6. M

    eventful segments

    Are there any skits that, as a kid, you really liked, but didn't see very often? Segments that seemed like an event whenever it was shown? Or if it was so rarely shown that if you ended up tapping an episode with that sketch or finding a video with it, you considered it a victory? Here are...
  7. M

    Monsterpiece Theater Set

    In Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, there is a brief clip from a Monsterpiece Theater introduction, which takes place in a bright green room. However, in all full Monsterpiece Theater skits I've seen, the intros and outros take place in a dark brown room. So my questions are, which...
  8. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    That info from Deep Discount is a bit more reassuring, though it doens't say what it's source is. The fact that it is called Sesame Street Old School Vol. 1 sounds appropiate considering that the next season will focus on starting school. Now I feel convinced that the set will include full...
  9. M

    Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    Kermit originally didn't have his color, and even after he got it, he occassionally didn't wear it, and often mentioned that it is a collar. His collar got stolen in the Crystal Gayle episode of The Muppet Show, and in one Muppet comic strip, Robin and his friends wear all of Kermit's collars...
  10. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Well, yesterday I found a used copy of a video that I have been looking for for the last few years, and now, here is my review of...... (cue drumroll) Sing-Along Earth Songs! The plot of this video involves Grover taking a group of anything muppet kids on a hike in the mountains. Grover...
  11. M

    The Boy Who Cried Cookie Monster

    I was thinking about my story today, and I thought of something that might have been better than Herbert Birdsfoot reading the story. Maybe it would have been better to have had Bert read the story to Ernie, possibly after Ernie played a trick on Bert. I also thought of another way to have...
  12. M

    The Boy Who Cried Cookie Monster

    Herbert Birdsfoot: Hello, folks. Herbert Birdsfoot here, and today, I am going to read to you the story of "The Boy Who Cried Cookie Monster". (scene fades to a bakery setting, with Harvey Kneeslapper behind a counter while Herbert narrarates) "There once was a practical joker...." Harvey...
  13. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I have been thinking, although Sesame Workshop confirmed in a few e-mails that this set is comming out, has Sesame Workshop made any official announcements outside of e-mails? I do believe this info, I just wish there would be an official press release.
  14. M

    Cartoon shows that didn't make it

    I thought this thread was about animated shows that were planned but never made (at least not as a full series), but many people have been mentioning shows that were cancled after two seasons. Anyway, I would like to say that I wish the Austin Powers series would have been made. Back when...
  15. M

    Top 5 unfinished JHC and Muppet projects that you wish would be made

    Here is what I wish was made: Tales of the Tinkerdee (as a television series) At the Movies (a sereis about the Muppet Babies going to a movie theater run by Statler and Waldorf) The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made Muppet Haunted Hotel Kermit's 50th Anniversary Roast
  16. M

    TMS 30th Anniversary Product Idea Thread

    That's a good line-up.
  17. M

    "The Best of The Muppets from The Muppet Show"

    Uh, why would you replace one scene from an opening with another scene? Do you hate the episode that originally featured Statler and Waldorf's comment but like everything from the Gilda Radner episode except for Gonzo's opening scene? :eek:
  18. M

    your 2006 henson dvd predictions

    what's been correct Well, so far, I've correctly guessed that there would be three new Sesame Street DVDs (the two Sesame Beginnings DVDs and Guess That Color and Shape would be those). The upcomming Nostalgia Box Set would make the count of new releases four. There has also been at least one...
  19. M

    Sesame Workshop unveils plans for Season 37

    I wonder if Dinner Theater will be hosted by anybody. I think this would be a good segment for Bert to host. If not Bert, then I would want Herry Monster to host it. It would also be cool if it was hosted by Grover, who introduced while trying to serve a meal for Fat Blue.
Top