Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I wonder how the order for the classic cuts were chosen. I guess randomly. There are several skits that I would have put in first and skits that I would have put in last. It doesn't really matter much, because I usually watch the classic cuts one at a time (depending on which ones I want to...
  2. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    Here's a great indea.. If I was in charge, I would have Disney open up a Muppet theme park. It would have Muppet rides, attractions, walk-arounds, and gift shops. Clips from various Muppet productions would be shown on TV monitors while the guests wait to go on their rides. Maybe there could...
  3. M

    international segments in the u.s.

    Many segments from the American Sesame Street were dubbed into different languages and included in many international versions of the show. But does anybody know if any segments that were originally produced for any of the non-u.s. versions were dubbed in english and shown in the american versions?
  4. M

    Weird Al Concert Pics and Set List!

    That listing isn't too disapointing. It would have been great if Don't Download This Song was included. It also would have been great if some concert-only songs were included. But it's not too bad. I have read a post at that message board that Jon "Bermuda" Swartz said somewhere that there most...
  5. M

    Forgetful Jone's Final appearance

    Was this the main plot of an episode, or just a segment (or possibly a two-part segment)? If it's a segment, then how do you know it was new and not just from an earlier season? If it was an episode plot, then it could have been a rerun from a few years earlier, with the episode number changed...
  6. M

    When did you first notice Richard Hunt's charachters were gone?

    Well, first of all, back then, I figured that all of Jim Henson and Richard Hunts characters had been given new performers, even though I didn't see all of their characters in new productions. I also figured that Richard Hunt had died, but didn't see anything that specifically said he was dead...
  7. M

    One Year wonders

    Sesame Workshop probably didn't want to get complaints from the parent sof the shows fish audience, who would otherwise notice Wanda outside of water livign perfectly fine, and believing that the fish, too, could go on land without needing water.;)
  8. M

    Least favorite change to the show

    I'd say when many of the supporting characters started being used less frequently. In season 33 it became really uncommon for many minor characters to make appearances, but that wasn't the season that put an end to the show having a big cast. I remember catching the show a few tiems in season...
  9. M

    Big Bird's sleepovers

    Telly Monster slept in Big Bird's nest in the video Bedtime Stories and Songs (which was released on DVD as Sleepytime Songs and Stories).
  10. M

    Was Roxie Marie created to ''replace" Sully?

    Back in the mid-1990s I watched the show quite a bit and didn't notice that Sully wasn't on much. I can't remember how often old skits with Sully were shown, but I also didn't know who performed Sully. I did notice a handful of times when Biff was used by himself (mainly the episode where Biff...
  11. M

    Elmo: pre Kevin Clash

    I've heard that Bruno and Don Music weren't shown in any Sesame Street Unpaved episodes, either.
  12. M

    What was Sesame Street like from 1988-1992?

    I remember seeing some of Mr. Handford's earliest appearances (including his first appearance), but I don't remember what the first actor who played Mr. Handford looked like (I wasn't even aware that he was replaced until I read the review for Sesame Street Unpaved).
  13. M

    Oscar out of his can

    I believe that we have already mentioned this in this thread. That first happened in episode 276.
  14. M

    Elmo: pre Kevin Clash

    It is weird that none of us even remember Baby Monster, and if he was in existance then I wonder why he wasn't in The Muppet Movie finale (unless we haven't spotted him). There is a page at Muppet Wiki for an episode that mentions Baby Monster (which comes from text used in a Sesame Street...
  15. M

    What was Sesame Street like from 1988-1992?

    There are a lot of sketches I remember that I forgot to mention remembering, like A New Way to Walk, Doin' the Pigeon, Bert teaches Berniece how to play checkers, The National Association of W Lovers, Imagine That, I Don't Want to Live on the Moon, the cookie bunny, the nobel ostrich, and many...
  16. M

    Snuffy - 1978, 1979, 1980

    I was wondering how close Michael Earl's Snuffy voice was, since I think that Jerry Nelson and Martin Robinson's voices both sounded similar. And I don't know what voices Michael Earl can do.
  17. M

    Oscar out of his can

    In those scenes where Oscar is in another trash can, how do we know that he's not visiting other grouches, who we just don't see?
  18. M

    What was Sesame Street like from 1988-1992?

    And I feel like I only remember seeing the following skits only once (back then, anyway): Put It In The Trash Can Best Friends Blues Sesame Street News: Pinnocchio Sesame Street News: The Tortose and the Hare's rematch Ernie, Bert, and Herry compete for the TV chair Ernie meets...
  19. M

    What was Sesame Street like from 1988-1992?

    Here is a listing of some of the sketches that I saw frequently during that time period: Ernie and Bert go to the jungle Grover the waiter: hamburger Grover the waiter: Simon Soundman Grover the waiter: singing and dancing waiter Rubber Duckie Do De Rubber Duck Bein' Green with...
  20. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Yesterday I checked out a volume of Shalom Sesame at my local library. I've seen it there for awhile, but didn't rent it until yesterday. I read about the Shalom Sesame videos at Muppet Wiki, and looked at the few episode pages that were available at Muppet Wiki (and by renting this I added...
Top