Search results

  1. M

    When did Alaina Reed (Olivia) leave Sesame Street?

    I know that episodes were rerun in later seasons with different episode numbers and sometimes different sketches since the 1980s. I wonder if it ever happened during the 1970s. Oddly enough, the hurricane episodes have been repeated with the original episode numbers, but with a handful of...
  2. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    And now for soem Muppet Treasure Island PVCs: Set 1: Captain Smollet Benjamina Gunn (petting Flubere) Gonzo Rizzo Mad Monty Clueless Morgan Set 2: Squire Trelawny Polly Lobster Dr. Livesey Beaker Blind Pew Samuel Arrow Set 3: Kermit (in white shirt) Tour...
  3. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    Here's what I would do concerning DVDs... If I was in charge now, I would check on the progress of clearing music rights for The Muppet Show: Season 2, and also check on features and the restoration process. If at least 95 percent of the music rights are cleared, then I would set a specific...
  4. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    Here are a few more PVC set ideas: The Muppet Movie: *Kermit (on log with banjo) *Fozzie Bear (with two ice cream cones) *Miss Piggy (with suitcase) *Gonzo (with balloons) *Scooter (with fingers in clapboard) *Sweetums (with suitcase) The Great Muppet Caper: *Kermit (in reporter...
  5. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    Here are some merchandising ideas: I would approve of a collection of Muppet Comic Books. They would be formatted like The Simpsons comic books, with a main 10-15 page comic story featuring the main cast, and a shorter, 5-6 page story either based on a recurring sketch (Pigs in Space...
  6. M

    Muppet Babies video edits

    If Muppet Babies gets released on DVD (or rerun on television again), I wonder if the Henson Associates logo will still be there, or if it will be replaced by the Muppet Studos logo. Then again, the Jim Henson Pictures logo was included in Disney's DVD releases of TMM and GMC (and that opening...
  7. M

    When did Alaina Reed (Olivia) leave Sesame Street?

    Although Jim Hensona nd Frank Oz became too busy to perform in the street scenes by then, I often wonder if there was ever any consideration to try harder to work around their schedules for such historical episodes as the cast meeting Snuffy, Big Bird learning about Mr. Hooper's death, and the...
  8. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    I have been thinking about the idea of there being theatrically-released Muppet shorts. Maybe they can be released alongside every Disney release, and at the end of every year, a DVD with all those shorts can be made available. Maybe there can be two Pigs in Space shorts, a Statler and Waldorf...
  9. M

    Genius Products and Sesame Workshop Announce Distribution/Co-Production Agreement

    Does anybody know when Sony Wonder's contract to release Sesame Street DVDs and CDs ends? I know that the TV Fun Packs were released today, though I didn't see them in stores, and I suspect that Sony Wonder released them. I also hope that this doesn't affect the chances of having new Sesame...
  10. M

    Muppet Babies video edits

    Why should future Muppet Babies DVDs be released at McDonald's, anyway? Why not at retail?
  11. M

    When did Alaina Reed (Olivia) leave Sesame Street?

    Yeah, she probably should have made a special "comeback appearance" long ago, perhaps during season 25.
  12. M

    Am I the only one who didn't like the Calypso Theme Song?

    I really liked that opening. I wish that more Muppets would be in the openings.
  13. M

    When did Alaina Reed (Olivia) leave Sesame Street?

    Though she was one of the few humans who didn't meet Snuffy in that episode, I would like to point out that hardly any Muppets got to see Snuffy in that episode. I don't know how many background performers were in that one, or if the only performers available were Caroll Spinney, Martin...
  14. M

    When did Alaina Reed (Olivia) leave Sesame Street?

    I just got the two titles mixed up. Sometimes I wonder if Sesame Workshop ever considered having her return to the show for a guest appearance... maybe it would be a multi-part story. Out of all cast members who have left the show, having Olivia return would make the most sense. She could come...
  15. M

    misleading video titles

    Are there any Sesame Street videos that you feel have misleading titles (not counting ones that begin with "The Best of...")? The only one that I can think of now is I'm Glad I'm Me. With a title like that, I would expect it to be about self-acceptance, not body parts. The only segment from...
  16. M

    When did Alaina Reed (Olivia) leave Sesame Street?

    She left the series to be part of the cast of Room 222, which was produced in California while Sesame Street is produced in New York, though when that series began she tried to be a regular on both shows, but after one or two seasons she left Sesame Street for good. Does anybody know what year...
  17. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: James Taylor

    Well, I had that song stuck in my head most of last sunday. And I frequently get two other songs from this outline, "Fire and Rain" and "A Little Bit at the Beginning", stuck in my head frequently.
  18. M

    Minor Muppetz' TMS Outline: James Taylor

    Well, it's been a loooooong time since I last wrote a Muppet Show outline, but here is another one, and for the first time it features a guest star who I already included in a Jim Henson Hour outline, James Taylor. This outline takes place during the fourth season. Cold Opening/ Dressing...
  19. M

    Animated Hotties?

    Oh, you're right. I had never heard of her before. When I looked at that page, I thought she was a human actress. I hope she gets used in some TV or movie productions soon.
  20. M

    Animated Hotties?

    Well, I think that the original animated version is better than Rene Russo's portrayal. Rene Russo hardly even looks like Natasha. hough I also prefer Sally Kellerman's portrayal (for those who don't know, Sally Kellerman played Natasha in the live-action movie Boris and Natasha, a 1992...
Top