Search results

  1. M

    Bad Bart and Sinister Sam

    Has anybody noticed the simialrities between Bad Bart and Sinister Sam? They were both performed by Jim Henson, both were frightening cowboy characters who turned out to be nice at the end of their sketches, and they were both made from the same anything muppet. It seems like one of them wasnt'...
  2. M

    What was Sesame Street like from 1988-1992?

    Are you talking to me, Pinball Stewie, or somebody else? Because I don't have any memory of ever seeing either of those sketches.
  3. M

    Who would you want to see host a new Muppet show?

    I would like for Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, Al Gore, Bob Dole, and John Kerry to all appear in an episode. April fools!
  4. M

    Why Only Frank Oz?

    It's too bad he didn't talk about Bruno or Shivers the Penguin.
  5. M

    Wilkins Coffee: The Ax

    (Wilkins holds an ax) Wilkins: So, would you like to have a cup of Wilkins Coffee? Wontkins: I'd rather get chopped by an ax! (Wilkins is about to chop Wontkins with his ax, but then stops himself, looking very nervous and confused) Wilkins: (nervously) Uh... What should I do?
  6. M

    my friend has early episodes!!!

    I know I'm cruel. And to think, if this were real, more of us would have finally been able to see what the original Telly Monster looked like.
  7. M

    Grover Brings Bricks Upstairs

    Grover: (carrying a big load of bricks) Hello, there! You may or may not be able to see me, but I am Grover. I am carrying this big pile of bricks, all at once and by myself, because my very good friend Biff asked me to bring soem bricks to him. (Grover moves to his right, where we see a flight...
  8. M

    my friend has early episodes!!!

    I recently visited one of my co-workers, and learned that he is a big Sesame Street fan. He showed me his collection of tapes, and told me that when the show premiered, his grandparents had a recording device, and recorded several episodes from the first two seasons for his mother, which his...
  9. M

    Wilkins Coffe: Wontkins decides he likes Wilkins Coffee

    Wilkins: Hey, what do you think about Wilkins Coffee? Wontkins: It is my favorite drink! Wilkins: What? Wontkins: It's my all-time favorite drink! Wilkins: Really? Wontkins: I can't get enough Wilkins Coffee. Wilkins: Really? Wontkins: April fools!
  10. M

    limits on outdated content

    Over the years, there has been limits on what could be shown in new epsidoes and what couldn't, usually due to certain sketches being outdated (if not due to censorship). Let's see if we can figure out when the variosu limitations started. First of all, I have a feeling that first season...
  11. M

    Harvey Kneeslapper's piano prank

    (Harvey Kneeslapper is seen laughing and doing something to a piano. He then notices the audience) Harvey Kneeslapper: Oh, hi there. (starts giggling) I have this great joke planned. You see, this is Don Music's piano, and I have attached some elevtrical wires to this piano, so when he hits a...
  12. M

    Mumford's Door-to-Door Magic Service

    (Kermit is at his home, looking at a newspaper) Kermit: (reading paper) Oh, so the president has decided to ban... (the sound of somebody knockign at the door is heard) Kermit: Oh, somebody is at my door. (Kermit gets up from the table) I just hope it's not Grover. (Kermit opens the...
  13. M

    Food for Thought...

    I noticed a plot hole, sort of related to that scene. In the scene before that, before Oscar sings I Hate Christmas, Mr. Hooper has both presents that he gives to Bert and Ernie, and tells Bob that he has a little errand to do. He was probably referring to gving the presents to them (they were...
  14. M

    If Kermit was ever brought back, only this time as a main charachter in street plots

    Most of the street scenes you mentioned were pretty much just one scene from each episode, not entire plots. Though I am not sure about the epsiode where Kermit was sick (it could have only lasted one scene, or could have been two or three or more). The current shows seem to focus on either...
  15. M

    SesameStreet.org to be launched June 1st

    Hey, my birthday is on June 1, so this will be like a present to me. And ironically, for April Fools Day I had considered starting a thread about a similar news item. I had planned on saying that I sent some e-mail to Sesame Workshop involving the first Old School release, and was subsequently...
  16. M

    Jazzy Spies #1 and Baker #1 ... do they exist?

    It seems like a lot of fans recall only seeing the one sketch once. Ihave seen some posts that state that the one segment was usually in episodes sponsored by two, but I don't think they had to be. For example, episode 131 was only sponsored by two, but it also featured sketches involving the...
  17. M

    If Kermit was ever brought back, only this time as a main charachter in street plots

    For some reason I thought that somebody else had started this thread. Anyway, for the last few years, I had thought that while Kermit works as the star of the Muppet universe, and while most of his Sesame Street sketches are the best, I felt like Kermit wouldn't work as well as a main Sesame...
  18. M

    Jazzy Spies #1 and Baker #1 ... do they exist?

    If you are saying that you need evidence, you can check Muppet Wiki. Many epsiode pages for early episodes were taken from files at the CTW Archives which are stored at the University of Maryland (they can also be viewed by visitors, so if you live near the university, you can check them out)...
  19. M

    Sesame Street 2000s Music Show

    (the title appears on-screen as the 2002 version of the theme plays. Scene then fades to Ernie and Bert in a studio) Ernie: You know, Bert, we've had music shows for the 1970s, 1980s, 1990s, and now 2000s. Are these the same show, or different shows? Bert: Well, they most certainly are...
  20. M

    Sesame Street 1990s Music Show

    (the title logo appears as the 1990s calypso version of the theme plays, fading to Ernie and Bert in a studio) Bert: It is not my fault that we waited too long for this show... Ernie: It is too! I wanted to do this after our 1980s show, but... (Ernie and Bert notice that the viewer is...
Top