Search results

  1. M

    street inserts

    Here is a listing of street scenes that I know were repeated in other episodes: *Wheels on my Feet *Big Bird holds Bob's hand while crossing the street *If I Was a Cloud in the Sky *1980s version of ABC-DEF-GHI *I Just Adore Four *Write it Down *Snuffy jumps on Big Bird's...
  2. M

    Sesame Street 1970s Music Show

    (The Sesame Street theme plays over the title card, which fades to Ernie and Bert in a recording studio. The music starts to fade out as they talk) Ernie: Isn't this great, Bert? Bert: Yeah! We get to host our very own... (Ernie and Bert notice the viewer watching) Ernie: Oh, hello...
  3. M

    alphabet plots

    Before the big format change of 2002, where there ever any episode sof Sesame Street that focused on the alphabet? I would imagine that it would be hard to pick just one, two, or three letters to sponsor an episode about the entire alphabet.
  4. M

    street inserts

    I have been wondering this lately. There are a lot of street sceens that have been repeated as inserts. Sometimes, I guess the scenes were part of a main plot and were later shown in other episodes (like I Just Adore Four and most of Stevie Wonder's sketches). There are also sketches that are...
  5. M

    Al's Alphabet Garage Puppetry Query?

    I didn't know that Terry Angus started out as a puppet builder, but I thought I'd read that the reason that Terry Angus performs with his left hand is because he has celebral palsy.
  6. M

    Little Bird

    When I was a kid I often wondered why Little Bird was such a major character in books but wasn't on the show. I even saw quite a few sketches where he appeared in the background or a cameo, but didn't realise that it was Little Bird until later (I didn't even realise that Little Bird was in We...
  7. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    There is one sketch that I forgot to mention being on the Shalom Sesame video I reviewed (well, actually there are more that I forgot, but only one that I remember off-hand). It also includes the animated sketch where a voice-over asks what would happen if a frog had a flies body, and a fly had...
  8. M

    Al's Alphabet Garage Puppetry Query?

    I have seen some sketches where Muppet characters seem to use their right hand as opposed to their left hand, even though their performers are right-handed. For example, in the original version of Being Green, Kermit moved his right hand quite a bit, but his left hand didn't move at all. The...
  9. M

    One Year wonders

    It seems like, at least starting in the 1980s, episodes with old Herbert Birdsfoot sketches were few and far between. When I was younger (by younger, let's just say before I started middle school, which would be 1995) I only saw one episode with a Herbert Birdsfoot sketch (the one where he wants...
  10. M

    Al's Alphabet Garage Puppetry Query?

    I don't ever remember seeing or hearing baout the skit, but it's probably Louise Gold. She is the only known left-handed performer, and she did perform on Sesame Street from 1991-1995. I've read that Terry Angus also performs with his left hand, though he's a right hander, but he never performed...
  11. M

    Little Bird

    My guess would be that Jim Henson planned on reusing the puppet in some way (even if he didn't know how, exactly) and didn't want to be sued over the characters likeness.
  12. M

    Little Bird

    I haven't intentionally turned any of your posts into arguments. I have looked at some of your posts that I've commented on, and most of my comments seemed helpful to me. I know that there were some posts I've commented on where I've asked about how you've known something that I've commented on...
  13. M

    Genius Products and Sesame Workshop Announce Distribution/Co-Production Agreement

    By saying "The co-production aspects will undoubtedly focus mainly on new productions rather than producing DVDs of ood ones...", are you saying that you think that most of the newer DVDs will be mostly new material, as opposed to having inserts included with a newly-produced linking plot? It...
  14. M

    Little Bird

    How do you know that he last appeared as a main character in season 2? He could have continued to be a character for later seasons. I know of three season one sketches with him: a sketch where Big Bird first met him (which is the only time that I know of where he interracted with Big Bird on...
  15. M

    Ernie and Bert's seldom seen kitchen

    And their bathroom keeps changing. Either they keep redecorating it (even going as far as moving the bathtub) or they have multiple bathrooms.
  16. M

    Ernie and Bert's seldom seen kitchen

    Actually, it was across the street from 123 Sesame Street. There was also an episode from season 24 where Savion went to the laundry room to do his laundry, and Big Bird and Snuffy both wanted to help him. However, the room was only big enough to fit two of them at a time, so Big Bird and...
  17. M

    Muppet Treasure Island: Buried Treasure

    I've read that every draft had a change in how Polly was portrayed. In one draft, it was a parrot named Robert Louis Stephensen, who regretted writing the book. Also, it was originally considered to have Gonzo play "Jim" and Rizzo play "Hawkins", before casting them as themselves portraying Jim...
  18. M

    The many Barkleys

    Brian Muehl: 1978(?)-1984 (however, I've read that Brian Muehl was credited with performing Barkly in the 1987 special Big Bird in Japan, though Muehl had stopped performing on Sesame Street in 1984, and Fred Garbo Garver had already been performing Barkly, the earliest known proof of him...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    Since the first set had ten or more bonus sketches for seasons 1, 3, and 5, but only around 6 or 7 sketches or seasons 2 and 4, I think that maybe the next set should have more bonus sketches for seasosn 2 and 4, and less for seasosn 1, 3, and 5 (I'd prefer for the number of bonus sketches to be...
  20. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Here is my review for Christmas Eve on Sesame Street, broadcast in 1978, first released on video by Random House in 1987, released on video by Sony Wonder in the late 1990s, and released on DVD in 2002. The video starts with the cast at an ice skating rink. The humans are all there, while...
Top