Search results

  1. M

    Follow That Bird 25 years old on August 2

    And Warner Bros. just had to release a 25th anniversary DVD last year. If they'd have just waited until the real anniversary, they could have included some bonus Sesame Street segments on the DVD.
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Dog City DVD

    Has anybody else had trouble finding a copy of this today? I searched my local Target, Walmart, Best Buy, and Toys R Us, and couldn't find it at any of those places.
  3. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Healthy Food Day" with Cookie Monster! I've noticed that the website has hardly been adding new clips lately. Usually when it does it's one a day, and usually it's recent street stories. I wonder what's going on. Just recently they added the episode with Big Bird's pet turtle, and it...
  4. M

    The Charlie Brown and Snoopy Thread!

    I've noticed somethign odd about Marcie's scene in You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown. I realize Marcie most likely replaced Patty for that scene (it would have been odd to use Sally there), but Marcie disapoints Charlie Brown by revealing that the valentine card she had with the initials "C.B."...
  5. M

    Uncle Deadly WILL be in the New Muppet movie!

    Charles Grodin was quoted as saying he doesn't want to fly 6000 miles to Las Angelas for one day of shooting.. Has the filming location even been announced? What makes him think it will be shot in L.A.? So far the only Muppet movie to have been filmed in California is The Muppet Movie. MTM was...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    I just recently got The Best of Elmo 2, and it has the first preview for this DVD that I've seen (has a trailer been out there for months and I just didn't know about it?). I wonder if Sesame Workshop had considered making this the first release of Henson #1 Song. It was uploaded to...
  7. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    In addition to those things I pointed out about Warner Bros.'s Sesame Street releases (and what dr.tooth said about them all being Elmo videos), I've noticed that all but the Elmo's World and upcoming bugs video contain things that were on the recent 40th anniversary DVD. Part of me wants to...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: The Best of Elmo 2

    It's been a month and such a thread hasn't been started. I just got it recently, so I thought we'd start a thread about The Best of Elmo 2. I don't think it was very bad, though it's not the best Sesame Street direct-to-video release. It's a lot better than Being Green and Cookie Monster's...
  9. M

    It's not easy being a Classic Sesame Street fan

    I remember before the first "Old School" volume came out, and I don't know whether this user had an actual official source or if it was just a game of "telephone", but somebody said that Sesame Workshop still has to pay residuals to everybody invovled when their work is released, and has to...
  10. M

    eBay Muppet Treasures and How You Found Them!

    When I first saw the title, I thought this had to do with the 1985 video Muppet Treasures.
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Apparrently, part 3 of Family Reunion comes out tomorrow (I thought they normally came out on wednesdays, but Muppet Wiki lists June 3). Tough Pigs has a five-page preview, which does not reveal the issue's surprise relative (it does introduce some new unknown character watching Robin)...
  12. M

    Uncle Deadly WILL be in the New Muppet movie!

    This is good, but I hope they can encourage Disney to have them rebuild Thog. I wonder if they're familiar with The Jim Henson Hour, so we could get the return of Digit and maybe Leon. Or maybe we can get Brian Meehl to go back to performing. He could probably do a good Marvin Suggs (I...
  13. M

    A Muppet Freak Update

    Good watch-along. I actually dreamt a few weeks ago (perhaps in anticiapation over it) that I was reading the article. The Joel Grey episode was the first episode I saw from the first season, but the second one I saw (I saw the Elton John episode first). And by coincidence the second and...
  14. M

    Is Rowlf public domain?

    Of course Sesame Workshop does include copyright disclaimers for appearances by characters not associated with the show (like Batman and the Star Wars droids).
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I just thought of another long-lost relative who could appear in the "Family Reunion" storyarc: Fozzie's uncle who left him his studebaker! I guess he probably won't appear in it, but it wpould be great to actually finally see that uncle, who was only mentioned in one production.
  16. M

    Is Rowlf public domain?

    I've been wondering, is Rowlf still copyrighted/trademarked? I know that a character trademark is good as long as the character is still being used, and throughout the 1990s there were long periods where Rowlf wasn't used. I don't know how long a character can go without being used to still be...
  17. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    It's the number seven film from Jim Henson, also known as "Baker #7" (those films tend to have multiple titles... CTW Archives files and DVD chapter stops list them as Henson #1 and so on, while sesamestreet.org lists then as Baker Number 1 and so on, and the songs and music are registered as...
  18. M

    The Twiddlebugs' Smoke Detector

    It obviously is from the late 1980s (judging by the Ernie puppet, plus the fact that Hulu claims it is from season 18). I wonder how many more Twiddlebugs sketches are from the 1980s... I usually think of them as 1970s characters, though I know that the "Using the Door" sketch is also from the...
  19. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Space Day" with Telly.
  20. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    You didn't post the last few updates here, but I'd like to point out that in my "Top Ten Sesame Street Animated Inserts" article that was posted yesterday you put the wrong image over "Jazz #7". The image posted there is from "Henson #7".
Top