Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years Hardcover Book

    In the page on David, there's a bit where it talks about a scene where Telly talked about emotions, seeing them kissing and saying "That's love". At the beginning of that paragraph, it says "Maria and David shared an on-screen kiss that's still fodder for fan gossip today", before talking about...
  2. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I think "123s with Elmo" would be a better title. But if such a DVD were to come out, I wonder if it'd still have Professor Grover, or if The Count would be the teacher.
  3. M

    New Video: Muppets' American Woman

    I thought it was good, though I heard a bit of Grover in Sam's voice.
  4. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I hadn't noticed that (though I don't really see "Firefly Fun and Buggy Buddies" as an "Elmo video" aside from him being on the cover and in some of the material). It's too bad that first "Preschool is Cool!" video has the title "ABCs with Elmo", as Professor Grover supposedly appears as Elmo's...
  5. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Recently I went to the official Warner Home Video site to ask if there's plans for any nostalgic Sesame Street releases (and to possibly influence Warner if there's no current plans). The response I got back was a standard "we can't comment..."-type reply which doesn't acknowledge what I asked...
  6. M

    The Twiddlebugs' Smoke Detector

    Well, they just did: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rf2AV_lTEVA
  7. M

    The Twiddlebugs' Smoke Detector

    Hulu just added a Twiddlebugs sketch that I hadn't heard of before, and it wasn't listed at Muppet Wiki (until I just added the info). http://www.hulu.com/watch/152696/sesame-street-the-twiddlebugs-smoke-detector#s-p1-sr-i1 This was a great sketch. I wonder who performed the Twiddlebug...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Well, I just got the second issue of Family Reunion, and one thing I'm wondering: Is the patient in this issue's "Veterinarian's Hospital" sketch supposed to be the Snake Frackle? He looks a bit like him, but also looks like it could just be a green whatnot. Even if it was meant to be him I...
  9. M

    Any Uncle Wally fans?

    He was in a three-part soap opera parody sketch with the humans. I can't remember the title or if I've seen it, but it had to do with feelings, and I think Gordon played a doctor (when the cast appears in other roles, is it the characters playing the roles or the actors playing different...
  10. M

    Which Sesame Street character should get a Greatest hits DVD next?

    Dang it! I listed Kermit's Mystery Box twice! How could I have made that mistake? Now that I think about it, if it had a "Kermit and His Sesame Street Friends" title, then I guess it would be a bit more acceptable to include segments where Kermit is just part of the gang, like Do De Rubber...
  11. M

    The Muppets have a table read for the new "Greatest" Muppet movie

    I wouldn't count that as "breaking the fourht wall", as I figure he was singing to the live broadway audience (though we don't know how they were able to see the wedding). Actually, The Muppets Take Manhattan is the only Muppet movie where they never acknowledge being in a movie. If this...
  12. M

    Any Uncle Wally fans?

    I wonder if maybe they had trouble writing for Uncle Wally, or maybe if his old age prevented him from doing a lot (of course he was on the show for at least six years). I'm not familiar with Bill McCutcheon's other acting roles so I could be wrong about that. But I wonder if there were any...
  13. M

    Which Sesame Street character should get a Greatest hits DVD next?

    I've been thinking, one great but most-likely unlikely idea woyuld be "The Best of Kermit & His Sesame Street Friends", featuring segments where Kermit appears with other major Sesame Street characters. Maybe the plot could involve Kermit visiting Sesame Street to recall the good (and bad)...
  14. M

    Happy Birthday, Frank Oz!

    I'm celebrating by watching The Muppets Take Manhattan. I've also watched some Frank Oz clips on sesamestreet.org (some Grover clips and the #3 ball film).
  15. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It is Monster Wash Day with Grover.
  16. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Now that I think about it, the "African Alphabet" clip could be the version performed by Paul Simon and Ladysmith Black Mambazo, though that's shorter (it's pretty much just them reciting the alphabet and I think LBM singing the same closing line). But I guess if it was the announcement would...
  17. M

    New video series - Preschool is Cool!

    I recently read at The Muppet Newsflash that there will be a new series of Sesame Street DVDs called Preschool is Cool! The first such release will come out in July and will be called "ABCs with Elmo". It will include African Alphabet as a bonus feature (I assume it's the Kermit version as...
  18. M

    Genesis Counting Cafe game info

    I know that Muppet Wiki does have a page for the game. I've seen a video somewhere of somebody playing and reviewing the game (can't remember who it was, but it wasn't the angry video game nerd or irate gamer).
  19. M

    Decline of entertainment?

    Another show that for the most part didn't have network interferrence was SCTV. I don't think that was cancled by NBC... I know NBC wanted to put Friday Night Videos in SCTVs time slot and wanted to move SCTV to a family hour time slot, requiring the show to be more family friendly (in addition...
  20. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well, it's been announced that a new video, Preschool is Cool: ABCs with Elmo, will be coming out on july 6. It appears to be part of a new series of Sesame Street videos. It was announced that African Alphabet will be included as a bonus feature. That's not much of an incentive (it's been...
Top