Search results

  1. M

    Monster Family

    According to Caroll Spinneys autobiography, Elmo first appeared on Sesame Street during one of the first few years, and was known as Baby Monster. His book also mentions that he was part of the Monster Family, and after the Monster Family stopped appearing in new material, he was put in storage...
  2. M

    Muppet Babies DVD Box Sets

    Disney owns the rights to Muppet Babies.
  3. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I have read that Hit!, the company that released Emmet Otter's Jug-Band Christmas on DVD, is one of Disney's rivals. I've read that Sesame Workshop isn't a rival, because SW is a non-profit organization. Of course, I know that Hit! released Dog City on DVD in the UK with Rowlf's scenes intact...
  4. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I wonder if Sesame Workshop is allowed to include images of Kermit on the DVD menu art, or if SW is alllowed to show clips with Kermit in the "sample other Sesame Street DVDs" section of the DVDs (I have not seen any Kermit clips in any of these samples).
  5. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    The Jim Henson Company does still own the Kermit statue that is located at the Henson studio that was once the Charlie Chaplin Studio, but does not own Kermit. Henson owns the rights to some productions that Kermit appeared in, but not the character itself. Though Kermit appeared in some of the...
  6. M

    Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    I don't think he's very hard to see. I first noticed that Sesame Street characters were in that scene when I was in the third grade, and I saw Guy Smiley there when I first noticed Sesame Street characters in the finale (Ernie and Bert were the first oens that I ever noticed in that scene...
  7. M

    What happened to Shurlock Hemlock?

    I hope that Sherlock Hemlock appears in the upcomming old school set. None of his skits have ever been released on video in the United States, and I don't think he has ever appeared in new footage for any video releases.
  8. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I wonderif the various bonus clips included will be grouped together in some sort of categorized format. The press release mentioned "Celebrity appearances that parents will remember", "Songs that parents will remember", and "Animations that parents will remember". If they are categorized like...
  9. M

    ?'s about Do De Rubba Duck.

    It would be great if somebody who worked on this sketch would provide some behind-the-scenes info on the making of the skit. I don't suppose Kevin Clash's book has any info.
  10. M

    What happened to Shurlock Hemlock?

    I believe I have read about a quote from Jerry Nelson somewhere were he said that Jim Henson and Frank Oz didn't care too much for the character, and their characters normally appeared with him in sketches. I think thats why he was taken off.
  11. M

    Sesame Street Unpaved's due credit to animators and filmmakers

    Still, the (second) review at Muppet Central mentioned that this book gives due credit to the various filmmakers and animators, but I couldn't find any credit at all, with the exception of the fact that Jim Henson worked on some of the films and animated segments on the show. The book...
  12. M

    What's happening to Dr. Teeth and company?

    I don't know if Zoot spoke in the extended version of The Muppets Wizard of Oz, but if he didn't, then his last speaking appearance was in the 2003 video game Muppet Party Cruise.
  13. M

    Casting for "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" DVD

    Now that I think about it, I think that it might be best not to include a part for Belle. After all, Grouches wouldn't really be too interested in love. A grouchy version of Belle wouldn't care if Scrooge cared more about money than her, and a grouch version of Scrooge would be happy that she...
  14. M

    What happened to Shurlock Hemlock?

    What do you mean? He is not on the box cover. After I saw this line, I checked the threads on the set to see if an updated cover has been posted, but I didn't see any updates to any threads about the set.
  15. M

    What's happening to Dr. Teeth and company?

    With the possible exception of Floyds outfit, I don't think any of the outfits are dated, and even then, each member (excluding Lips) has had new regular outfits at some point. Throughout the 1980s, Dr. Teeth traded his colorful fuzzy vezt for a black leather vest. Floyd traded his Sgt. Pepper...
  16. M

    Sesame Street Unpaved's due credit to animators and filmmakers

    In the Muppet Central review of Sesame Street Unpaved (the second review shown on the page), it mentions that Sesame Street Unpaved does give due credit to the various filmmakers and animators who have contributed to the show. What I would like to know is... where? Though it does have some...
  17. M

    Casting for "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" DVD

    Yeah, I was trying to think of a good elderly Muppet to portray Jacop Marley. It wouldn't be possible (and might also be a bit in bad taste) for Mr. Hooper to play the role, unless Sesame Workshop wanted to recast him to play Jacop Marley. Maybe The Count could be Jacop Marley.
  18. M

    Casting for "A Sesame Street Christmas Carol" DVD

    my casting choises Here is who I would cast: Big Bird- Bob Cratchet Elmo- Tiny Tim Oscar the Grouch- Ebeneezer Scrooge Telly Monster- Fred Zoe- Fred's wife Bruno and the Grouches- The Bookkeepers Ernie and Bert- Charity Collectors Professor Hastings- Jacop Marley Little Bird...
  19. M

    TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

    I don't think Disney has anything to do with those sets not selling well. Besides, I don't think ABC owns those shows. I believe that those two shows are owned by Paramount. Also, The Muppet Show did not air nationally on ABC.
  20. M

    clips we're dying to see again

    All of the Miami Mice segments Monsterpiece Theater: The Sound of Music Monsterpiece Theater: The Taming of the Shoe Sesame Street News: Alice in Wonderland Sesame Street News: Pinnocchio My Pollywog Ways I Wonder About the World Above Up There Grover gives Kermit a nose Grover...
Top