Search results

  1. M

    Oscar's Trashman Bruno

    Oh, yeah, Bruno was a good character. It seems like even in the 1980s, when he was used the most, he wasn't used much. I've only seen him in a few Sesame Street books (such as Ernies Neighborhood). With all the big crowd scenes and wide shots of the street in Follow That Bird, it's a shame that...
  2. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I saw that the article mentioned 45 bonus skecthes. At first, I mistakenly thought that it said 45 bonus features. Lets see. We know that it will have appearances by James Earl Jones (the article pretty much confirmed that the sketch where he counted to 10 will be included), Johnny Cash (the...
  3. M

    Two collared kermit

    Well, many of the early specials where he had it (The Frog Prince, The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, and The Muppet Valentine Show) have been shown on TV since their original broadcast, and the first two of those three have been released on video in the past. There are also a lot of Sesame Street...
  4. M

    Holy Moly! Old School Box Set Details!

    Well, I know that Hit! released the Dog City special on DVD in the United Kingdom, which menas that Disney allowed Rowlf to be included in that release, unless Hit! just didn't bother to get permission for that release and chose to risk including Rowlf. Also, Rowlf isn't as popular as Kermit is.
  5. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Then I wonder what the pilot would be (oh, yeah, test pilots...). I've noticed the features listing referring to "celebrity appearances that parents will remember", "Songs that parents will rememebr", and "Animations that parents will remember". If there is a volume two, I wonder if these...
  6. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Your mention of it being a long time since you last saw Ernie's song from the video has prompted me to point out that it was recently included in episodes from the 35th and 36th seasons.
  7. M

    Hoots in FTB

    I doubt that Kermit Love performed him in Follow That Bird. Kermit Love wasn't credited as a performer of the "Board of Birds".
  8. M

    Holy Moly! Old School Box Set Details!

    I don't know whether the original pilot is the first of the test pilots, the promotional piece with Rowlf and Kermit (I don't know if that can be edited and still make sense), or soemthing else. I have a feeling that it is the promotional piece with Rowlf and Kermit, and if they can be included...
  9. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I just looked at the border again, and I was a bit wrong. There is a border that has a small yellow line and a big green border. The characters are standing in front of the part of 123 Sesame Street that has the window that goes into Ernie and Berts apartment. Bert is actually behind Herry...
  10. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Okay, on the title, it says "Old School Vol. 1". The 1 in the title is designed similar to the 1 seen in the opening for the Baker films. I'm not too good at describing these numbers. Maybe somebody else can. It is good that a better quality picture of the cover was used, though it would be...
  11. M

    Did Kermit and Kevin Clash's books come out?

    I read that Kermit the Frogs book, Look Before You Leap, and Kevin Clashs autobiography, My Life as a Furry Red Monster, were supposed to come out yesterday. I searched my local book store and several other stores (Wal Mart, Meijers, Target) and didn't find copies of either. I also haven't read...
  12. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I have just noticed that the 1 in "volume 1" looks like it is designed after the 1 in the Baker film series. SWEET! I figured that this set would come with some sort of booklet, especially since the Electric Company set came with one. Then again, I also expected The Muppet Show: Season 1 to...
  13. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I really like that info. By "the original pilot", does that mean the promotional piece with Rowlf, the first of the test pilots, or the first episode (if the latter, then shouldn't that be considered part of the main content?)? It's interesting that there will be 45 features. I guess thats...
  14. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    It is neat that Herry Monster is on the cover, and great that an early 1970s photo is being used as opposed to a new photo. It looks to me like a few photos of the characters were photoshopped togetehr to form a collage, similar to the Muppet puzzle from 2003. It would have been great if Herbert...
  15. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I just noticed that the guest stars listed have J as their first initials. Coincidence? It's interesting that Rubber Duckie and C is for Cookie are both going to be included, as those have been released on video and DVD many times in the past (unless the version of Rubber Duckie that's included...
  16. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    If/ when more volumes get released, I wonder if they will still focus on the years 1969-1974 or if they will expand, perhaps to 1976 or 1979, or perhaps focus on years after 1974 (1974-1979, etc). Or if they will be themed differently (like "Sesame Street in Hawia", featuring the hawiai...
  17. M

    Miss Piggy's Head Prop on the eBay!

    No, it came out in 1984.
  18. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    This is great news.
  19. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    If each episode is close to 60 minutes, then 60 times five is 300, so the set could include five hour-long episodes. I don't know if the running timke counts features (if there are any). That could get us one episode each from the first five seasons.
  20. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    Another thing that I wonder is if this set will have a "preview other Sesame Street DVDs feature". And once this is released, I wonder if other Sesame Street DVDs will include a clip from this set in the "Preview" section.
Top