Search results

  1. M

    Sub Way!

    I posted a thread about this subject a long time ago. I wonder what made the people choosing puppets decide on whether a line would be sung by an established character or an unknown anything muppet. I think it would have been cool if Herbert Birdsfoot, Lefty, Guy Smiley, Little Bird, and...
  2. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    I have seen a book about saturday morning television, which features a picture of Oscar in the drivers seat of a garbage truck. Luis and a kid were also in the picture.
  3. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    I had an April Fools Joke planned regarding the second volume, but due to me not being able to wait much longer and due to the fact that it is similar to the April Fools joke that I pulled last year, I thought I'd reveal it now. I was going to make a gag post on April Fools Day saying that I...
  4. M

    Blue Muppets

    Simon Soundman Little Chrissy Professor Hastings Ferlingetti Donizetti Big Jeffy Marvin Suggs
  5. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    I wonder how willing Sesame Workshop would be to get the rights to clips of Sesame Street parodies from other programs. And even if it's for an adult collectors DVD, I still wonder how willing Sesame Workshop would be to show them. Most Sesame Street parodies are innappropiate for children.
  6. M

    Beat the Time with Kermit the Frog

    I've read that the dialogue for Guy Smiley's sketches were recorded in advance, because Guy Smiley's voice was so hard on Jim Henson's throat. Because of this, the audio was recorded before the sketches were taped so that alternate takes could be taped without Jim having to strain his throat.
  7. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    That is a neat idea. Maybe it would be good to make a special featurette on the various characters, including both main characters and secondary/ obscure characters. I am thinking something like the "Cast of Thousands" featurette on Looney Tunes: Golden Collection Vol. 4, which had people...
  8. M

    A Children's Television Workshop disclaimer?

    Maybe it would be good if various companies (includign Sesame Workshop) put out a DVD of all logos from throughotu the years. Of course, this might be pointless and I'm not too sure if the general public would want to do such a thing. Maybe a future Sesame Street: Old School or Best of Electric...
  9. M

    Ernie & The Salesman

    Carol Spinney performed him in at least two skits, the one where he and Ernioe held up P and R signs, and the one where he tried to sell Ernie a letter U.
  10. M

    A Children's Television Workshop disclaimer?

    If you can find some Sesame Street videos released by Random House between 1986 and 1995, the sparks logo is included at the beginning, before the videos begin. I remember having Bedtime Stories and Songs as a kid and seeing that logo, and seeing it regularly on 321 Contact but not on Sesame...
  11. M

    Multi-part news skits

    I didn't ask what year it was from, or when it was most likely made. And judging the original season based on the fact that Pinball Number Count is seen between them wouldn't prove what season it's from. The Pinball Number Count segments were shown in new episodes up until at least 1999 (I think...
  12. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    I like your ideas, but I don't know how realistic they are. The only existing Old School set has only two episodes per disc. I don't know if Sesame Workshop would stretch the budget to four (though it would probably be possible). And the Old School sets are meant to represent the early years. I...
  13. M

    Kermit's Death Threat

    Well, the Sara in my story is suppsoed to be around 6 or 7 years old, and she is scared of quite a few people, causing her father to write death threats just because of his daughters fears. I had considered having her father decide that writing death threats is wrong, even if it means...
  14. M

    Multi-part news skits

    Whenever a Sesame Street news sketch was a multi-part sketch, did the Newsflash logo still open each part, or did it only open part one?
  15. M

    Sesame Street News: The Boy Who Cried Wolf

    (the logo appears again) Announcer: And now, we interrupt your program to give you another... ugh!... the same news story as earlier. (scene fades back to Kermit at the medow) Kermit: (to off-screen news crew) I canot believe that we are doing this story again. He lied last time, how do we...
  16. M

    Sesame Street News: The Boy Who Cried Wolf

    (the Newsflash logo appears) Announcer: We interrupt your favorite program to bring you an important news bulletin! Here now is.... (Kermit the Frog suddenly runs up, with the logo as the background) Kermit: Hi, ho, Kermit the Frog h... Announcer: You're too early, Mr. Frog. Kermit...
  17. M

    Kermit's Death Threat

    I would like to talk about some changes between ideas I thought up and what ended up being typed. I had originally considered having the person who wrote the threatening letter end up being the same person who tried to shot Kermit at the Muppet Theater, but then thought it would be better to...
  18. M

    Kermit's Death Threat

    Chapter 7 Rev. Poolsky pointed his gun at everybody. Miss Piggy suddenly fainted. "Oh rats", said Rizzo, "She could have saved us". "The only thing that Piggy could save is a pork product", said Floyd. "And now, I shall kill you all", said Rev. Poolsky, "I tried to kill Kermit at...
  19. M

    Muppet Mockumentary Pilot Filmed

    The Mupet Show wasn't originally broadcast nationally on CBS. It was a first-run syndication series. Some individual CBS stations aired the show in various parts of the country, but so did individual ABC and NBC stations. The pitch tape was made for CBS, but CBS didn't pick up the series.
  20. M

    Kermit's Death Threat

    Chapter 6 A man entered the building, with his daughter, Sara. "Who are you?", asked Pops. "My name is Dave", said the man, "and this is my daughter, Sara". "Let's get in, Dad!", groaned Sara, "I want to make sure that the scary frog really is dead!" "Okay, sweetie", said Dave...
Top