Search results

  1. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I was just wondering... We All Sing Together and Imagine That! both feature Cecille skits. Was the opening song included on those videos, or was the Cecille theme cut from either release?
  2. M

    Who remembers these?

    I remember most of what you mentioned (in fact, many of them can be found on the Old School Vol. 1 DVD release). Were the dots actually counting to 30? There were a few skits with the fiddle player (who introduced himself as Donnie Budd in Two Toucan Two-Steps). He sang songs about the nubmers...
  3. M

    my friend has early episodes!!!

    I'm sure that everybody that I fooled is disapointed. But regarding the "season 38 news" prank, I just realises that I forgot to mention guest stars for season 38. I was going to mention that the upcomming season would include appearances by such stars as Jim Carrey, Adam Sandler, Ashton...
  4. M

    On My Way with Sesame Street Video Collection

    Volume 15: Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall Scene 1 Gordon talks to Elmo and Big Bird about the various seasons. Segment Four Seasons Cartoon (sen in episode 276) Scene 2 Telly, as a "Monster on the Spot" reporter, asks everybody what seasons they like best. Big Bird likes spring...
  5. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    I agree! I have a few questions on my mind, but I already asked a question.
  6. M

    Dreams about Muppets

    I had a dream recently where it was my birthday and I got quite a few Muppet items, including video copies of Billy Buny's Animal Songs and Tale of the Bunny Picnic, as well as Palisades-quality action figures of Junior Gorg and Marjourie the Trash Heap, and also a Gorgs Garden playset. Last...
  7. M

    who remembers these episodes?

    I wonder why Happy Birthday is still copyrighted. It seems like a public domain song to me.
  8. M

    my friend has early episodes!!!

    Are you sure it was a dummy version of Fozzie? Because your description of the scene otherwise sounds like Fozzie's act from the Edgar Bergan episode, where Fozzie did a ventreloquism act, but couldn't get his dummy to talk. I remember seeign the CNN People Profiles special on Jim Henson...
  9. M

    On My Way with Sesame Street Video Collection

    Volume 14: In the Country Scene 1 Big Bird packs his suitcases, and explaisn that he is going out to the country. He is going to visit a farm, and see all the animals. And he's going to see chickens lay their eggs around the clock. Segments Cluck Around the Clock Six Snails...
  10. M

    Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    Were all of the performers given a script so that they would know what to lip synch to, or was the recoridng of the closing song just played to all you performers a few times so that you could memorize the lyrics?
  11. M

    who remembers these episodes?

    There are some episodes from the late 1980s and early 1990s (or maybe I'm just thinking about early 1990s) that I remember seeing, but I haven't ever seen any pages for them at Muppet Wiki, and I never see people discuss them here, so I am wondering who remembers these episodes. In one of...
  12. M

    How Long Did This Last?

    Do you remember what the official title for episode 536 was? And do you know any other early titles? I have a book about television, which has an emmy awards section, and one winner from 1969 is listed as Sally sees Sesame Street. I wonder if that was the title for the first episode. And if they...
  13. M

    my friend has early episodes!!!

    I know that there was a fan who recorded episode 179, from the second season, using black and white film, and that recording was eventually converted to video and has been traded among fans. So something like that must have existed back then.
  14. M

    The old Sesame, the new Sesame back to back

    It seems like it was quite common during season 30 for street scenes to zoom into Ernie and Bert's apartment before an Ernie and Bert sketch was shown. I don't know how often this happened before season 30. Many times something would happen, and then the camera would zoom to the outside of the...
  15. M

    earliest merchandising

    1969 or 1970. There was something called The Sesame Street Learning Kit released in 1970, which was available through mail by Time-Life, and I've read that this merchandising deal was actually made before the series went on the air (I don't know the exact month it was released). This kit...
  16. M

    Who owns the SNL Muppets?

    Actually, Disney owns Bean Bunny, who starred in Tales of the Bunny Picnic. Kermit only made a few small cameos in Emmett Otter and The Christmas Toy, and no other major Disney-owned Muppet characters appeared in those specials. Also, Henson probably got to keep The Christmas Toy because Hensons...
  17. M

    The Weird Al Show on DVD this tuesday

    There is something I noticed about The Competition episode. I don't know if anybody else has this problem on their DVD copies, but at times the audio is missing for a few seconds (and not just in the song, which had to be censored by CBS), while on the commentary (it could be all commentaries...
  18. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    By the way, the song that you had listed as "Life in the Country, Life in the City" is actually titled "City-Country Song".
  19. M

    On My Way with Sesame Street Video Collection

    Volume 12: In the City Scene 1 Big Bird: Hello. Today, we are all going to take a trip to the city! Elmo: How exciting! Telly: I don't know. I'm kind of scared... Big Bird: What's so scary about the city? Telly: There are loud noises... big traffic... long lines... crowded areas...
  20. M

    On My Way with Sesame Street Video Collection

    Volume 12: Morning to Night Scene 1 Big Bird: Hi, welcome to the show. Well, it is now morning, so I am going to have some breakfast. I think I'll go to Hooper's Store, and have some scrambled birdseed, and a birdseed milkshake on the side. What do you like to have for breakfast...
Top