Search results

  1. M

    Most "adult" episode of The Muppet Show.

    What if we could compile a 30 minute mixed tape to prove that The Muppet Show was not just for kids? It could include: *Welcome to my Nightmare *Someone Just Like You *Baby, It's Cold Outside *Nice Girl Like Me *You're Always Welcome at Our House *Smoke Gets in Your Eyes *School's...
  2. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I find it strange that the video has more human cast members credited than who actually appear in the video, especially Olivia. This and I'm Glad I'm Me are the only 190s My Sesame Street Home Video releases I haven't seen, and none of the other releases credit more humans than needed. Heck...
  3. M

    Tell us about your Muppet collection...

    There was a thread like this, long ago. But my collection has expanded since this. Here is a listing of videos and DVDs I have. I don't usually like to comment on what I have tapped from TV, so I won't list those. And I don't do trades. Muppet videos: It's the Muppets: Meet the Muppets...
  4. M

    TMS Season 2 coming summer 2007

    For those who have seen the trailer, what clips are included? If it's like the first season trailer, then I guess it doesn't show any clips with guest stars, and probably doesn't have many clips from music numbers.
  5. M

    Most "adult" episode of The Muppet Show.

    I think that I would pick the Raquel Welch epsiode. A close second would be the Rudolph Nureyev episode. That episode is a bit too mature for me. Maybe also the Harry Belafonte episode.
  6. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    It's a shame that the e-mail response didn't say which seasons would be represented. I'm sure that Sesame Workshop probably knows which epsidoes are going to be included by now (how much time would it take between now and it's release, sometime between august and october, to get all legal...
  7. M

    Monsterpiece Theater: Hot Fuzz

    Here is how I would picture Hot Fuzz to look: He would look like the monster from The Beast of the Week sketch from the Don Knotts episode of The Muppet Show, only red or orange (to make him look like a ball of fire) and fuzzier.
  8. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    Well, we've got nine questions, though some have asked more than one question.
  9. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Great review! If Roosevelt Franklin sketches were still being shown at the time that this video was released, I wonder if it would have included any Roosevelt Franklin Elementary School sketches (of course, since the video features so much focus on the alphabet, Roosevelt Franklin's Alphabet...
  10. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    I may have said this before, but if this set represents the first five years, I hope that it includes either one of the test pilots, This Way to Sesame Street (the NBC promotion special that aired two days before the series officially premiered), or Out to Lunch as bonus features. If it...
  11. M

    Silly question.

    I had a rubber duckie, which looked like Ernie's (I don't know if Sesame Workshop and The Jim Henson Company ever approved of any official Rubber Duckie toys that resembled Ernie's). But I didn't sing the song with it.
  12. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    I wonder if the "timeline" process between now and the date of release will be similar to how the "timeline" was for the first set. Here is the time line for news of the first set(going by memory): November 2005: somebody gets an e-mail from Sesame Workshop that confirms that Sesame...
  13. M

    Old School Volume 2 coming this fall

    Assuming that we can find volume 2 when it comes out. Then again, when volume 1 came out, I was only able to find one copy, and now I've seen many copies at many stores.
  14. M

    Monsterpiece Theater: Hot Fuzz

    Alistar Cookie: Good evening. Alistar Cookie here. Me delighted to welcome you to Monsterpiece Theater. Tonight, me pleased to present to you story about Hot Fuzz. It called... "Hot Fuzz". (fade to different set, where we see a small ball of fuzz) Hot Fuzz: Hello there. I am Hot Fuzz. They...
  15. M

    Jim Thurman (1935-2007)

    I wonder if he ever wrote any of the main street stories or Muppet segments, or if he just wrote animated segments. It would have been cool if he performed the voice of a Muppet character.
  16. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    Oops. I thought that you were a writer for The Muppets Wizard of Oz, but I just checked the Muppet Wiki page for that movie, and you weren't listed a sa writer.
  17. M

    "Hey, Cinderella" and "The Frog Prince"

    Oh crud! In my previous post I mistakenly thought this thread was about The Muppet Show: Season Two. Anyway, one way to market this on DVD would be to make it a two-disc set, title it Tales from Muppetland, and just include a picture of Kermit on the box (maybe he could be reading a book).
  18. M

    "Hey, Cinderella" and "The Frog Prince"

    I just read that the Dinosaurs: Complete Seasons 3 and 4 includes a trailer for The Muppet Show: Season Two, though apparantly no official date has been announced in the trailer. I know that you posted more than what I quoted, but when I quote, I like to quote the most significant parts of...
  19. M

    A Muppet Baseball Story

    Here are some ideas that I had, whcih I decided not to include: I thought about having the Muppets play at an out of town game, using the Electric Mayhem bus as their team bus, and all sharing a hotel room and the same bed (The Electric Mayhem would sleep in the bus, though). In...
  20. M

    A Muppet Baseball Story

    I'm starting to think, if this were to be made as a movie, it would need a seriously major rewrite. I feel like Fozzie, Miss Piggy, Gonzo, and even Kermit are severely underused here. I don't know if a coach can be a player on a team, which is why I had Rowlf coach while Kermit was pitcher, but...
Top