Search results

  1. M

    The most sensual moments in the Muppet Show.

    Wow, Leslie Ann Warrens closing number was a lot better than I'd expected (and I already had high expectations for that number). That is also really good. I hope that it doesn't get cut from the third season DVD release. Although somebody did explain what sensual means, it still seems...
  2. M

    The most sensual moments in the Muppet Show.

    Some of my favorites: Lynda Carter singing Rubber Band Man Raquel Welch singing Someone Just Like You Rita Moreno singing Fever
  3. M

    The most sensual moments in the Muppet Show.

    Is sensual supposed to mean sexual, or something else?
  4. M

    On My Way with Sesame Street Video Collection

    Oh, crap. Volume 11 of the book series was Morning to Night, and I mistakingly had the sneak peek at the end advertise Let's Pretend, and it's too late for me to edit that. :eek: Oh, well. I guess I'll have these two "video volumes" not match the book volumes. Here is volume 11: Let's...
  5. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I thought that you already knew that it was a special video release of both videos. Otherwise I probably should have said something.
  6. M

    How Long Did This Last?

    I can't remember if episode 536 repeated any segments, but episode 406 showed Two Song (Song of Two) twice. So it was at least until the fourth season. Maybe I should go to Muppet Wiki and look at the episode pages that use the episode guide-style format and see what the last-known episode was...
  7. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    I have started wondering if the scene where Sweetums ran out of the tent was originally planned to be shown earlier. Once Gonzo fell back onto the car, we suddenly get a brief scene at the fair, which could have been meant to have been shown earlier. If that scene wasn't there, we'd have Gonzo...
  8. M

    Frackles!?!

    I don't know if the name was copyrighted, but the makers of the game probably didn't know that there were Muppets called Frackles. Outside of The Great Santa Claus Switch and the Muppets appearances on Family Feud, was the word Frackle ever spoken on-screen in any productions? Of course, I know...
  9. M

    Jim Henson - voted 5th 'best children's TV voice'

    Only fifth place?:) It's too bad that Frank Oz, Jerry Nelson, and Caroll Spinney weren't listed. It is also a bit odd that Mel Blanc and June Foray weren't among the top 5. And Jim Henson is the only one to make that list who I know anything about.
  10. M

    How Long Did This Last?

    One thing that I would like to know is what year the show stopped showing the same segments multiple times in the same episode.
  11. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    It seems like on the first set that the DVD producers didn't want to show too much of the same type of skits for classic cuts. With the exception of the mystery drawing segments, none of the recurring segments that appeared in the episodes on the set were represented in the classic cuts (well...
  12. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    That shouldn't have been too confusing, since the Muppets were playing roles, and only a few played themself. Of course, it might have been confusing if you read the credits, where they were all referred to by their real names (unlike The Muppet Christmas Carol, where Statler, Waldorf, and Robin...
  13. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    In the first shot in The Muppet Movie, Doglion could be seen walking in the background. I wonder if it would have been more appropiate to have seen Sweetums there instead. It could have made sense, since Swetums ended up crashing through the screen, but then again, it would be weird for Sweetusm...
  14. M

    On My Way with Sesame Street Video Collection

    Chapter 10: Up, Down, and All Around Scene 1 Elmo and Zoe play on a teeter totter. Each take turns saying which one is up and which one is down. Big Bird shows up and walks around the teeter totter. Segments Up and Down (with Cookie Monster and Herry Monster, original version) Up...
  15. M

    My Version of Behind the Scenes of "The Muppet Movie"

    I'm trying to figure out what you mean. I don't see how nothing that is not supposed to happen on-camera happens on-camera. I know of times when things that weren't supposed to happen on-camera happened on-camera (call it improv).
  16. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    Henson.com used to have storyboardss from the opening sequence for GMC on it's page for The Great Muppet Caper. Storyboards for the whole scene weren't there, but I recall in the storybards that Sweetums was referred to as "street cleaner Sweetums".
  17. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    It's a shame that you couldn't remember the name of the Muppets Tonight band. So "Foam" was at the end of the title. The Jim Henson Hour Band was called Solid Foam. Weird that two bands would have similar titles. And the band member you mentioned was named Jowls. I think he was the only member...
  18. M

    the bucket that stuck to Beaker's head

    In The Muppets at Walt Disney World, when the bucket falls on Beakers head at the beginning, and when it falls back on later when it blasts off and back on, does anybody have any idea how it was done? Could a string have been attached to the bucket so it could be pulled off and then the tape...
  19. M

    How Long Did This Last?

    I read somewhere that the epsidoe number sequences were used during the firs tsix seasons, and then the show started having the episode number during the opening. I might need an alibi, as I could be wrong on the exact seasons. But if you check the pages on each season at Muppet Wiki, the page...
  20. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    I would like to talk about Sweetums' appearances in the first two Mupet movies. In The Muppet Movie, when Sweetums was itnroduced, Mad Man Mooney just introduced hima s his Jack. When Kermit mistakenly thought that was his name, Sweetums said "Jack not name, Jack job!", but he didn't...
Top