Search results

  1. M

    A Muppet Baseball Story

    Chapter 2 Tryouts were held at the Muppet Theater. There were two lines: a baseball player line, and a cheerleader line. Pepe, of course, checked out the cheerleader line. Rizzo was in charge of the baseball player line. "Okay, next!", shouted Rizzo. "Hello, there", said Miss Piggy...
  2. M

    Sesame Workshop and dates

    I wonder how good the Sesame Workshop researchers are with dates for Sesame Street sketches. It seems like some dates get confused. The second version of Rubber Duckie, with a blue background and Ernie's nose being red instead of purple-ish, has been incorrectly cited as being from the first...
  3. M

    A Muppet Baseball Story

    It was a great night to be at the local baseball game. And people were at the game. An entire stadeum was full. Kermit, Fozzie, Scooter, Gonzo, Rizzo, Pepe, Robin, Rowlf, Bunsen, Beaker, Bean Bunny, Clifford, Animal, Floyd, and Janice all went to the big game. "Wow, these sure are great...
  4. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    I just learned a mistake that I made. I listed a Willie Wimple sketch for volume 2, focusing on 1974-1979, but I recently learned that the Willie Wimple sketches were made in 1972. All this time I thought they were from the late 1970s.
  5. M

    Telly and Snuffy

    Isn't it ironic that Brian Muehl stopped performing Telly so soon before it was revealed to the adults that Snuffy was real? Martin Robinson only performed Telly for a year before Snuffy's existence was real. Other characters thinking that Snuffy was imaginary would have been a good excuse for...
  6. M

    Grover's lecture on 'wet' and 'dry'

    I wasn't saying that it was too similar to both of those. Just that elements seemd a bit similar (Grover asking people if they are wet seems similar to Grover asking people why two is their favorite number, and Harvey laughing about knowing somebody who is wet is similar to Harvey laughing at...
  7. M

    the guide to Episode 2159

    Are/ were you a member of Muppet Wiki? You could do it yourself. If you are a member, of course. The plot sounds interesting.
  8. M

    Jim Thurman (1935-2007)

    How sad. And I didn't even know anything about Jim Thurman (especially not his name) until a few months ago when Old School Vol. 1 was released. I knew his characters, but not his name. If more Old School releases are made, I guess Bob won't be introducing them anymore (unless introductiosn for...
  9. M

    Grover's lecture on 'wet' and 'dry'

    That was very good. It seemed to me like a cross between the three-part sketch where Grover talked about the number two and the three-part Sesame Street News sketch where Kermit looked for somebody who was standing in a terrible snow storm for a long time.
  10. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    I've read that you recieved storywriting credit on The Cosby Show episode Cliff's Nightmare, which featured the Muppets. Can you tell me what the process was like when writing that episode? I would like to know if it was meant to promote The Jim Henson Hour (which, like The Cosby Show, was...
  11. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I am a bit confused about what you mena by a new Steve Whitmire recording of Rubber Duckie interlaced with footage of kids bathing. Were the Ernie scenes made for this video? I know that there was a new version of Rubber Duckie made for the show in season 30, but the original Jim Henson audio...
  12. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    I was actually wonderign that myself after Jim's response of not remembering the name of the Muppets Tonight band. I would expect/ hope that most writers would be allowed to keep their scripts. I expect that several copies of the scripts would be printed, and it would be odd if everybody who got...
  13. M

    Snoop Doggs cut scene

    While reading about the scene, I couldn't really tell if Dr. Teeth or Janice spoke in the scene. I also couldn't tell from the description if Lips was in the scene (but I figure he probably wasn't, since he wasn't anywhere to be seen at all in the movie, not even in the orchestra pit, where a...
  14. M

    Tough Pigs Updated!

    I think the website has turned into a blog.
  15. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    I recently read at Muppet Wiki that she was called Susan in the book release, but the video changes her name. Same with Slimey in The City Mouse and the Country Mouse. I think Maria's name was also changed for the video of Big Bird Brings Spring to Sesame Street, though in that same video, Mr...
  16. M

    limits on outdated content

    I don't ever remember seeing any disco skits on the show. I always assumed that all disco skits were retired after disco died (even though the 1990 video Dance-Along featured ABC Disco). Now that I think of it, it seems to me like the majority of first season sketches that continued to be...
  17. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    Considering that Dave Goelz would normally give Zoot's scripted lines away to other characters whenever he could, it's interesting that Goelz would improvise a line for Zoot.
  18. M

    Any info on Dinosaurs Seasons 3-4?

    Actually, I remember that episode much better than I remember the other camping episode (though there are other non-ABC episodes that I remember much better), and in my mind I was thinking it was that one. I don't think this episode is very memorable, with the only really funny scenes being the...
  19. M

    Any info on Dinosaurs Seasons 3-4?

    So the two episodes with audio commentary are Nature Calls and Into the Woods. Somehow I expected Nature Calls to be one of them, but why Into the Woods? I don't really remember that episode (though there were two woods episodes from the last two seasons... is this the one where Earl, Roy, and...
  20. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    That info comes from Sesame Street Unpaved. I also saw Up on the Rooftop and That Grouchy Face on You Tube, and I am wondering if all of James Taylors numbers were filmed on the same day. It looks to me like James Taylor wore the same blue shirt in all three of his numbers, and both of the...
Top