Search results

  1. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    I might be ahead of myself, but I thought I'd add what classic cuts I'd like for seasons 11-20. Season 11: Born to Add Believe in Yourself Cookie Monster (in voice-over) talks to a baby eating a cookie Sesame Street News: The Princess and the Cookie Me Lost Me Cookie at the Disco...
  2. M

    Snoop Doggs cut scene

    I know. Wo cares if Snoop Dogg was starting porn at the time? Having a big scene with The Electric Mayhem (where they talk, as opposed to their silent riverdancers scene) is much more important.
  3. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    Here is a new updated list, focusing on seasons that I think/ know thye are from: Season 6: Drive, Drive, Drive Your Car Typewriter Guy: N-nose Some of us are Here Telephone Rock Carmen-singing orange Headball The People in Your Neighborhood (the version seen in the timeline...
  4. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    Recently at Muppet Wiki I had asked a question about wether anybody besides Roscoe Orman voiced Hard Head Henry Harris. While nobody could realy tell, a link to the Roosevelt Franklin sketch about poision was posted on Hard Head Henry Harris' talk page, and there I founf video clips of all three...
  5. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    It seems to me like Sweetums' scene there was a bit unneccessary. If Gonzo's car hadn't landed on top of the studebaker, they wouldn't have needed to trade in the cars. Kermit and Fozzie could have easily just met Gonzo and Camilla, invited them to come along, and the studebaker could have...
  6. M

    TMS Commercial Bumpers

    Six of them appeared as special features on The Mupet Show: Season One DVD set.
  7. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    It's been awhile since I last read the Tough Pigs anthology on an early draft of the script, but I recall it pointing out that the only significant difference in that scene betweeen the script and the filmed version is the fact that in the script, Sweetums dipped his finger in oil (or maybe...
  8. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    Okay, time for another question... Whenever you or the other writers work on a one-time project with the cast of The Muppet Show, like a special or movie (I would only count a few one-time guest apearances on other TV shows, like the Muppets appearance on The Cosby Show), do you and the...
  9. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    I don't ever remember seeing Kermit refer to Scooter as "gofer". As for that picture of Sweetums, it is also included in the 1993 release of the soundtrack (well, I'm assuming that it's the same picture). Does the book acknowledge Sweetums chasing after them then, or is the picture just there...
  10. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    I can't really tell if it was obvious to the other Muppets that Mad Man Mooney was trying to con them. I also can't tell if Sweetums hitting a fly and making it look like a decimal mark was intentional or not (Sweetums kept pointing at the price tag, as the Muppets paid attention, and then he...
  11. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    It seems like The Muppet Movie has quite a few running gags that only go on for a few gags, usually just within minutes of each other. Sweetums chased after the car, then a few minutes later he jumped out of a tent, and then nothing happened with Sweetums until the end. But besides that...
  12. M

    Snoop Doggs cut scene

    I was just reading soem old Muppet Central news articles. I was looking at the 2002 news article that first announced that 30 minutes of It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie was going to be cut. I just noticed that in the quote regarding Snoop Doggs scene being cut, there was a quote from...
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Old School DVD

    I don't mind it that much. Those episodes were originally included in the episodes that Sesame Workshop chose to have released. I don't think Sesame Workshop chose those episodes just because some of them have the same sketches (and quite a few episodes had the same sketches sown twice). I read...
  14. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    I agree. I figured that maybe Jim Lewis' advice might be different (maybe not completely different, but maybe expanded. He could have learned a lot more about writing since then). And as I said earlier, I could have been wrong about the writer who gave that advice, though I know that Jim Lewis...
  15. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    I think Jim actually answered that once in the Ask Henson.com section of www.henson.com. I could be wrong, and it could have been a different writer, but I beleive that his advice was "just do it!".
  16. M

    Old School Vol. 2 idea thread

    We could still have those, in the later episdoes they were included in, though I would muich prefer to have more epsidoes from the first five seasons, and see those skits as classic cuts (unless they are in the episodes included). Or they could be released on other Sesame Street DVDs (not...
  17. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    The Cecille theme was sung by Christopher Cerf (who also voiced Chrissy of Chrissy and the Alphabeats, and Bruce Stringbean of Born to Add). The lyrics went "She can bounce, she can roll, she can spin like a wheel...", and so on.
  18. M

    Who remembers these?

    I don't know if any of the fiddler segments are available on You Tube. Since the four segment is available on the DVD Learning About Numbers (which also includes the two segment in that series), then it's not unlikely that somebody would upload it on You Tube (a lot of commercially-available...
  19. M

    Who remembers these?

    Many of what you asked about has been released on DVD. Four Lions at my Door was released on Learning About Numbers I already mentioned that two Cecille sketches are available, on the videos We All Sing Together and Imagine That! The 30 dots segments were included in Old School Vol. 1...
  20. M

    Missing video?

    How often does Kermit appear in this video (as much as he did in Emmett Otter, The Christmas Toy, and Mr. Willowby's Christmas Tree, perhaps)? I've read an article about this, which stated that the special didn't feature any main Muppet characters, at least not when it was made in 1990. I wonder...
Top