Search results

  1. M

    Darin McGowan pitches.

    I would like the opening and closing to be animated versions of the Mupet Show opening and closing. Hopefully, the title would have an "O" in it, so that Kermit can appear inside the "O" at the beginning, and I would want the openign to resemble the fifth season opening. I would want either a...
  2. M

    Darin McGowan pitches.

    Here are two possible outlines for what my idea that I just mentioned would be like: Cold Opening: Scooter tells the viewer that there are fifteen seconds until the theme song Kermit welcomes the viewers to the show, describes plots of the main shorts, and mentions that there will be a...
  3. M

    Darin McGowan pitches.

    Or maybe an animated series could be formatted like Anamaniacs or Rocky and Bullwinkle. There could be a format like this: Cold Opening (usually an advertisement for a fictional product) Theme Song (maybe there can be something different in each opening, like comments from Statler and...
  4. M

    This TMM line bugs me....

    The Muppets From Space behind-the-scenes book actually has a note somewhere saying that india produces twice as many movies a year as Hollywood does.
  5. M

    "Hey, Cinderella" and "The Frog Prince"

    As you just pointed out, he said that he doesn't see them selling very well because people wouldn't remember them. There is a difference between somebody saying that he doesn't see them selling well and somebody saying that they should never be released.
  6. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    Bean Bunny could have been one of the flying monkeys in The Mupets Wizard of Oz, and used his cuteness for evil. He also could have been a pirate in Muppet Treasure Island, and used his cuteness as a weapon there (I know you didn't write that movie, though).
  7. M

    A Muppet Baseball Story

    Chapter 12 The game was beginning. "Ladies and gentlemen", said Louis Kazagger, "It's time for the game to begin. But first, the National Anthem!" "I hope this national anthem is decent", said Sam. This time, Zoot and Lips played a rousing jazz performance of The National Anthem...
  8. M

    Tinkerdee question

    Did Jim Henson ever talk about this pilot in any interviews that he participated in?
  9. M

    If you could ask...

    I once had a dream where I went to heaven to meet him, and I asked him something about The Jim Henson Hour.
  10. M

    The Gogolala Jubilee Jugband

    It's too bad that the morsels for season 1 didn't explain their absence. Maybe the morsels for season 2 will when talking about Lobbock Lou and his jughuggers. While I like the second jugband better, it was unneccessary to replace them. The second jugband hardly did anything that the first one...
  11. M

    Darin McGowan pitches.

    Maybe he should have just pitched all three as a potential series that features 5 minute short cartoons, similar to the What a Cartoon Show from Cartoon Network. I am a bit mixed on The Electric Mayhem cartoon (actually, I have mixed feelings about all of them), but mainly just because Lips...
  12. M

    A Muppet Baseball Story

    Chapter 11 They went to a trainning room, to get back in shape. "Okay, we've got to get you all back to normal", said Rowlf, "I'll get some excersize equipment." Rowlf opened a closet door, and saw Clifford stuck in there, looking like a giant slug who was stuck. "Help!", said...
  13. M

    "Hey, Cinderella" and "The Frog Prince"

    Those three specials were rerun on a regular basis back when Jim Henson Video released two of them in 1994. Of course, if Kermit appears on the cover than people might be more likely to buy them. The chances of someone buying some old programs they hadn't even heard of because Kermit is on the...
  14. M

    First quarter has passed - Where's Season 2???

    Does anybody have any idea what the average amount of time is between when a DVD release date is announced and when it's the release date? On a slightly off-topic note, I recently saw that the secodn season of Happy Days has just been released, and the first season was released two years...
  15. M

    The ask Jim Lewis thread is now open

    Yeah, fans speculate that the reason why Bean Bunny doens't appear as much anymore is because Steve Whitmire took over as Kermit and Beaker, and Rizzo became a much more major character, leaving Steve with little time to perform others, but I don't think that's true. Almost every major Muppet...
  16. M

    A Muppet Baseball Story

    Chapter 10 So it was the day of the championship. Team Muppet was in the locker room, getting ready. "Okay, we have made it to the championship", said Rowlf, "Let's win ourselves a championship!" But just then, their opponents, The Mighty Pigs, entered the room, slamming the door open...
  17. M

    Sesame Workshop and dates

    Also, I know that The Muppet Alphabet Album is from 1971, and all songs from that album were recorded for the album, but it's 1996 re-release, Sing the Alphabet, gives later copyright credits to many of the songs (ABC-DEF-GHI is the only song added to that release). I think C is for Cookie and...
  18. M

    Sweetums in TMM and GMC

    In the Muppets reality, it seems like the Muppets would have shown Sweetums chasing the car, and at one point comming out of a tent, but then not catching up with the Muppets in their movie (I don't think the Muppets purposely planned on having Sweetums jump through the screen... And it would be...
  19. M

    "If I ran the Muppets" thread. Post YOUR good ideas HERE!

    If I had been in charge of The Muppets back in 2004, when Disney bought the Muppets, here is what I would have done between then and now (I am not going to mention anything that has been reelased, though the movie DVD releases would have been two-disc special editions): May 2004: *ABC...
  20. M

    First quarter has passed - Where's Season 2???

    Back in 2005, Disney gave us the first season of The Muppet Show and all movies that Disney owns (maybe gave isn't the right word, since we did pay for them, unless we stole them, got them as gifts, or didn't buy copies), and then it's been a year and a half with nothing Muppet related on DVD...
Top