Search results

  1. M

    Big Bird and Grover

    Has anybody noticed that Big Bird and Grover seemed to be a duo during the shows early years? They were together in the sketch where Big Bird had Grover do two chin-ups, and Big Bird appeared at the end of the sketch where Grover demosntrated heavy and light, and I've read about an epsidoe that...
  2. M

    SS episodes on Muppet Wiki

    The You Tube clip must have come from the 1986 video Learning About Letters. That video features a scene where Luis reads "The King Banishes the Letter P" to Big Bird, Buster, Telly, and an Anything Mupet boy, and the sketch is shown, interrcut with new scenes of Luis reading (obviously...
  3. M

    Lost Swedish Chef sketch

    I think it's safe to say that it never aired. None of he Swedish Chef's sketches appeared as UK spots (though he was in at least one UK spot, where the Chef, Beaker, and Animal sing Danny Boy).
  4. M

    Chevy Chase Celebrates Sesame Street

    I wonder if during Chevy Chase's introduction for his cameo, it should have gone like this... "This movie features many celelbrity cameos. Joe Flaherty and Dave Thomas play the bad guys, and there are also cameos by John Candy, Sandra Bernhard, and Wayland Jennings. Oh, yeah, and I also make...
  5. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    At the currently touring Muppets, Music and Magic festivals, I wonder if it would be appropriate to ask why there are no morsels on the second season set (assuming that somebody who knows will be attending).
  6. M

    Rowlf on the Best of Jimmy Dean Volume 1

    Lassey did eventually appear in a sketch with Rowlf on The Jimmy Dean Show.
  7. M

    40th Anniversary merchandising hopes

    This would make a grand 4-CD release: Disc 1: 1. Sesame Street Theme 2. C is for Cookie 3. Rubber Duckie 4. Elmo's Song 5. I've Got Two 6. Ladybug Picnic (broadcast version) 7. The Alligator King 8. Everybody Eats 9. Healthy Food (remake) 10. A Cookie is a Sometimes Food...
  8. M

    Ready for School

    I read a post on the thread for Kids Favorite Country Songs that this DVD features the street stories from the epsiode where Abby goes to school for the first time, the episode where Alan and Elmo play school, and the episode where Miles and Gabbi graduate (which is weird for a DVD titled "Ready...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    I think that The Muppets Go To The Movies would be more relevant for a TMS season set than the Weezer music video.
  10. M

    Ready for School

    Well, I've heard that Ready for School has been released, though I haven't seen it in stores yet (and no, I haven't been searching for it like crazy like I did when Old School Volume 1 came out). Has anybody picked it up? Is it any good? I've read that it features the street stories from...
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    And perhaps they could have had morsels that explain why Lobbock Lou and his jughuggers replaced The Gogalala Jubilee Jugband. Now we may never know.:cry: The first and second season sets seem to have different styles of features. Perhaps this would be a good list of features for the next...
  12. M

    Elmo's Christmas Countdown

    No, the last non-PBS prime-time special was CinderElmo, which aired on Fox in 1999. I don't know if Sesame Street Unpaved, The Greatest TV Moments: Sesame Street Music A-Z, or the A&E Biography special should count as specials or not, but they were broadcast after CinderElmo.
  13. M

    "Follow That Bird"

    I never knew that there was a real place called "Friendly's". Does it still exist?
  14. M

    Elmo's Christmas Countdown

    It's been a long time since there was a Sesame Street special that didn't initially air on PBS.
  15. M

    Chevy Chase Celebrates Sesame Street

    (Chevy Chase comes out of the 123 Sesame Street door, carrying fifteen cakes) Chevy Chase: Well, I thought I'd help celebrate by presenting fifteen cakes. (Chevy falls down the stairs, making a mess) Oscar: Well, well, well, I guess you being tonights host isn't such a bad idea after all...
  16. M

    Chevy Chase Celebrates Sesame Street

    (the cast is gathered) Chevy Chase: And now, here are some scenes from Follow That Bird. I still can't believe that the cast of Sesame Street hasn't starred in a movie until now. Big Bird: Me, neither, but I am the star. My friend Kermit has starred in three movies before me... Grover...
  17. M

    Chevy Chase Celebrates Sesame Street

    back to the show! (Chevy Chase is in Hooper's Store, with David serving, and Cookie Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, and Telly present as well) Chevy Chase: Well, here I am at Hooper's Store. Cookie Monster: One of me favorite places to eat cookies. Sherlock Hemlock: And a great place to eat...
  18. M

    40th Anniversary merchandising hopes

    Perhaps some sort of special DVD release, though if it's meant to celebrate the 40th anniversary I think that it should be more special than the Old School releases (maybe a four-disc set with more episodes). Or maybe two Old School sets can be released that year. I'd also like a new book...
  19. M

    Chevy Chase Celebrates Sesame Street

    and now, back to our show! (Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus walk up to the front of the 123 Sesame Street building) Big Bird: Isn't this exciting, Snuffy? Mr. Snuffleupagus: Oh, it sure is, Bird. I've always wanted to meet Chevy Chase! (they both look around, and notice that Chevy Chase...
  20. M

    Chevy Chase Celebrates Sesame Street

    This is a script for a ficticious fifteenth anniversary Sesame Street special, hosted by Chevy Chase. Enjoy! (Chevy Chase enters the street) Chevy Chase: Hi, I'm Chevy Chase, and you're not! And in fact, this street is Sesame Street, and yours isn't. Anyway, tonight I am going to celebrate...
Top