Search results

  1. M

    What DVDs would you want for 2008?

    Since quite a few fans seem to think that this is inferior to the first two movies, it would be interesting if this was the first Muppet movie to have a two-disc set.
  2. M

    Questionably Educational SST Skits

    I've read that during the early years the writers would get a book on the shows curriculum goals, and after writing a sketch they would look through the book to make sure that the sketches had something relevant to the curriculum. Another sketch that doesn't seem to have any educational...
  3. M

    Kermit and Herbert together?

    In the few Herbert Birdsfoot sketches that I've seen or heard, he doesn't seem to get upset at all. Seems like he is a bit friendlier than Bob.
  4. M

    Lost Ernie and Bert sketches

    At Muppet Wiki there is a scan of something from the CTW Archives, showing test results for a number of sketches in the second season. One sketch listed is "Ernie and the candy salesman". I haven't heard of any such sketch, but I assume Lefty is the candy salesman (right above the mention of...
  5. M

    Questionably Educational SST Skits

    I thought I'd start a thread on segments that hardly have any educational value. It seems like most segments about baths, especially songs, don't really teach much. They seem to just encourage taking a bath. I didn't notice any educational content in Ernie and Bert's first skit from the...
  6. M

    Kermit's appearances and acquaintances on Sesame Street

    Oh yeah, though Kermit didn't actually talk to Big Bird there. Kermit has also appeared with Sully. And Kermit's not the only one to interract with the Miami Mice. Ernie and The Count have also appeared with them.
  7. M

    Kermit and Herbert together?

    Did Herbert Birdsfoot appear in the finale scene from The Muppet Movie? I thought I've read that he is there, but I haven't been able to spot him. There are, however, two different Cookie Monster sketches with similar plots, but one has Kermit, and the other has Herbert Birdsfoot. I haven't...
  8. M

    The Boy, the Girl and the Jellybeans

    I thought I read that Beautiful Day Monster was the monster in this story, though in the book version, Herry Monster was the monster.
  9. M

    Kermit's appearances and acquaintances on Sesame Street

    They interracted in the Leslie Uggams episode of The Muppet Show.
  10. M

    Kermit's appearances and acquaintances on Sesame Street

    If we are including every Sesame character that he appeared in the same frame with, should we also count the various crowd scenes from The Muppet Movie, The Muppets Take Manhattan, Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, A Muppet Family Christmas, and The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years?
  11. M

    Ready for School

    I've noticed that back when Sony Wonder released Sesame Street DVDs, there would usually be a few released on the same day (maybe a new production, an older production released on DVD for the first time, and a DVD release of Elmo's World), but both of Genius Productions releases were just one...
  12. M

    Kermit and Herbert together?

    What if two straight men were trying to give a lecture, and a third character appeared to cause something funny? Or two straight men could sing a serious song together.
  13. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    I thought he did perform in The Dark Crystal. But what if Jim Henson actually performed in Labrynth, and what if Louise Gold performed puppets and voices in Labrynth (in addition to being an extra in the dance sequence)?
  14. M

    Kermit and Herbert together?

    Some users here have said that Herbert only appeared in new footage during the second season. I don't know how true this is, or if those people have sources regarding the fact that Herbert only appeared in new material for one year. The closest Kermit and Herbert have had to being togetehr was...
  15. M

    The Return of "Muppet What-Ifs?"

    What if The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years featured clips from Follow That Bird? What if The Muppets: A Celebration of 30 Years featured clips from Timepiece and The Dark Crystal? What if Jim Henson's segments from The Junior Good Morning Show still existed (I am assuming that no...
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Season 2

    I think part of the problem is that on season one, the Muppet Morsels were included on every epsidoe, not just a few episodes. I think that if only a few epsiodes (perhaps four or less) had Muppet Morsels then we might be a little more forgiving ove rthe lack of morsels on this set. Before this...
  17. M

    Sketches and Songs on Sesame Street videos

    Here is a different kind of review. It is the Sesame Street resource video You Can Ask, which can be purchased for free at the iTunes Store along with other Sesame Street resource video (for those with iPods, just go to the iTunes Store, then browse the TV Shows section,then go to kids, then go...
  18. M

    Ready for School

    Well, I was at a store today and saw it in person. I looked at the box, and it seems like Abby's first day of school is just a bonus feature, and the main feature includes Miles and Gabbi's graduation, Baby Bear's first day of school, and Alan pretending to be Elmo's teacher. Interestingly, I...
  19. M

    SS episodes on Muppet Wiki

    I wonder who originally narrarated it.
  20. M

    The 100 Greatest Muppets! By Lisa and Prawnie!

    This is a good list. Concerning pairs that get one spot, have you thought about giving a spot to 2 completely unrelated characters, like Miss Finch and Sprocket? Or Grover and Lips? Or Thog and Irving Bizarre?
Top