Search results

  1. M

    Question about Muppet Show Preview Comic

    From what I understand, the preview comic was released that way, and then when the trade paperback "The Muppet Show Comic Book: Meet the Muppets" was released, that preview comic and all other unreleased Disney Adventures comics (excluding the "Pigs in Space" comic) was included, with more to...
  2. M

    Which songs from the Street could be redone for the modern day ?

    I actually think most classic Sesame Street songs could be redone for the modern day (not that they all should, but many have been remade too many times). The various disco songs would probably be an exception, especially if the word "disco" is in the lyrics and title. Do De Rubber Duck...
  3. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Read a Book Day" with Bert.
  4. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    The first version of "Up and Down" is at sesamestreet.org. One thing that didn't occur to me until AFTER seeing it at sesamestreet.org (which proves that it was broadcast that way anyway): The version at youtube very well could have been a foreign broadcast with the audio replaced with the album...
  5. M

    Could this be Charlie?

    You can go to Muppet Wiki and check the history and click on revisions until you find the first one with it written. Or find which one is the last without it written and check history to see who wrote it in the next edit (unless an ip number is listed instead).
  6. M

    Segments that were cut on video

    What are you talkign about when Kermit shows AMs his muscles? What segment? I have been thinking, when the clips are shown on sesamestreet.org and as bonus features on the Old School DVDs, they fade to and from black, unlike on the show (for the most part... Select segments in early episodes...
  7. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    But wouldn't likeness renegotiations have had to have been made for broadcasts once Disney bought the Muppets and the first half hours? Sometimes I wonder if Jim Henson ever intended for The Jim Henson Hour to be rerun in syndication once enough episodes were made, or if he ahd any kind of...
  8. M

    Could this be Charlie?

    Honestly, I alwaysd thought of Charlie as being an Anything Muppet humanoid, not a monster (though I guess a monster would be more likely to tolerate Grover's mistakes and customer complaints). I think the orange monster mentioned is the manager seen in the "service bell" sketch, but he's...
  9. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I noticed that the Sesame Street 20 years press release includes copyright info on Kermit, but the Dog City one gives no copyright acknowledgement for Rowlf. Werid. I noticed that my Sully article included some images from the skit where Biff and Sully get angry, and now I wodner how I could...
  10. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    What he said! The only thing I can see being cut if it's just the half-hour segments is the mention and clips from the second half hour. For the most part those are the only instances when the second half hour was mentioned in the first half hour (the only exception being Miss Piggy's Hollywood...
  11. M

    Henson-related video games

    Something I was thinking would make a cool feature in a Muppet video game: Instances where Thog is sitting on one end of a teeter-totter, Kermit or another Muppet jumps on the other end, sending Thog into the air, and when Thog falls back down, the Muppet you play as flies up into the air. Or it...
  12. M

    Interesting Snuffy clip

    I think it's funny, and interesting how Telly actually saw Snuffy during the "imaginary" days (and Brian Meehl performed him interracting with Snuffy). It's interesting that the adults wouldn't believe Telly (at least they didn't think Big Bird put him up to it). But it does seem kind of...
  13. M

    The Falling Baker Finally Identified

    I was pretty much guessing that he still gets residuals. I don't know if Sesame Workshop has to pay residuals for online releases (I know some clips with outside music were included and eventually taken down). I thought I once read somewhere that everybody who's been involved with Sesame Street...
  14. M

    Pre-Order "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" on DVD

    I wonder if anything will be cut from this. I know it contains clips from early stuff owned by other companies, like Sam and Friends (owned by Universal) and the various commercials and variety show appearances (owned by respective companies). Hopefully those clips will be cleared (though I know...
  15. M

    Pre-Order "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" on DVD

    I wonder if Lionsgate would rerelease those on DVD this year just because they possibly can release them uncut. There certainly would be fan demand (especially if Kermit were put on the cover). I think Lionsgate rereleased those last year when distribution changed (and A Christmas Toy was just...
  16. M

    Pre-Order "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" on DVD

    Sony doesn't own The Dark Crystal or it's characters. Sony has had the video rights for over ten years, but as far as I know Henson still owns the rights to the film (and characters, of course). Thinking about special features possiblillities, does anybody know if Timepiece is included in...
  17. M

    Master Insert Tapes

    I never noticed that the U/V segment was different in the A&E Biography. And yet Caroll Spinney performed Lefty in both that and the version at sesamestreet.org. And the first season show content doesnt' show any signs of there being two versions in the same year (no "RE-DO" note by the skit, no...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    I don't really understand what was so scary about it. I was a little bit surprised that all those clips can be played all the way through, and with no individual images in the chapter stops (which would make it easier for kids). I sometimes wonder if Sesame Workshop tries hard not to make...
  19. M

    Master Insert Tapes

    It is a shame that there's no official sources that mention how the inserts are stored. Sesame Workshop has reportedly remastered every episode a few times over the years (and maybe the copies used for sesamestreet.org are those copies), even before Noggin got started. The CTW archives has files...
  20. M

    The Post-Hooper Generation: Your Thoughts on the Man Behind the Store

    The two actors who played him didn't even get their own pages in the 40th anniversary book (just pictures and acknowledgements in the "coming and going" section). And unlike Mr. Hooper and David, there was no on-screen explanation for Mr. Handford's departure (he wasn't even mentioned by name in...
Top