Search results

  1. M

    Muppet Snow White

    It was said that Bobo and Pepe will be animal companions to Snow White. Judging by the cover, has Rowlf replaced Bobo? I see Pepe on the cover but not Bobo, and it was said that the seventh dwarf will end up being somebody from The Jim Henson Hour (well Rowl WAS on the Jim Henson Hour...).
  2. M

    Singer, actress Lena Horne dies at 92

    I watched all Lena Horne's Sesame Street appearances and her TMS appearance yesterday. All three of her SST appearances are on the main video page at sesamestreet.org (I recall different clips being there at the top yesterday but now the first three videos feature Lena).
  3. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It is now "Rosita Day", hosted by... Oh, who is it again? Forgetful Jones? Ovejita? Leslie Mostly? Oh, that's right, it's hosted by Rosita!
  4. M

    Pre-Order "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" on DVD

    I wonder if we should start making bets on when they'll announce a release of Timepiece and other experimental films.... (no, I'm not actually willing to bet!)
  5. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    It's a shame that none of Judy Collins' performances were included on that DVD. Hopefully Water Cantata will be added soon, to either sesamestreet.org, youtube, or hulu. But I don't consider it a "holy grail" (not in the same way as I viewed Henson #1, "There's a Hole in the Bucket", or Telly's...
  6. M

    Pre-Order "Henson's Place: The Man Behind The Muppets" on DVD

    This is real exciting and unexpected news! I saw this on youtube a few years ago, and I forget just about every clip that appears (I should probably be punished for my irresponsibility). It's interesting that Elmo appears on the cover. I don't believe he appears in any of the clips. And this...
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    With the exceptions of Piggy and Sam, have any of the other classic Muppet Show characters ever even interracted with Andy and Randy? Seems like they only interracted with other newer characters on Muppets Tonight (in addition to Clifford, the guest stars and above-mentioned characters, of...
  8. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    The 40th anniversary book has some images from that. The song is called Water Cantata.
  9. M

    The Falling Baker Finally Identified

    This was pretty much determiend for awhile at Muppet Wiki (though I wish I'd see an official statement from either Henson or Sesame Workshop... I'm pretty sure he still gets residuals from the appearances, so they'd have to have his name on file). Somebody found the claim at imdb, and brought it...
  10. M

    Master Insert Tapes

    I've been wondering about Sesame Workshop's master tapes for the inserts. Could there be multiple master copies of various sketches? There are sketches that seem to be edited or altered in certain broadcasts, and I would expect new masters to be made in these cases. But I wonder... Could...
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I got a copy of issue #4 today. Looking at the cover, I can't help but wonder if I've found some "Hidden Mickey's". There are two sections where we see two shadowy heads covered in black with outlines, and can't help but think of them as Mickey's ears. In the bottom row we see two blackened...
  12. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Sony Wonder did include special features on a number of DVDs, though most of them were either "kiddie fluff" or bonus sketches (I don't object to bonus clips from the show... the more inserts released commercially the better!). From the Sony Wonder days there were quite a few features on the Do...
  13. M

    Something I've noticed about Elmo.

    I doubt Elmo interracted with Professor Hastings, The Busby Twins, Sam the Robot, Lefty, or Leslie Mostly.
  14. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    It's good to know what's in Count TV. I don't have an iPhone, but that list is interesting (though I think all of them are also available at sesamestreet.org). I do find it odd that it doesn't include any Jazz or Pinball segments (or Mad Painter). It's especially disapointing that no Jazz is...
  15. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Muppet Wiki now has a full listing of segments in The Best of Elmo 2, including celebrities who weren't mentioned previously (such as Ray Charles and Jack Black). Only a few non-celebrity clips are included, most of which sound disapointing. I wonder what the next-to-be-announced release...
  16. M

    Favorite Sesame Street Skits 90's

    Some of my favorites: Don't Throw That Trash on the Ground Air with Guy Smiley I Wonder About the World Above Up There Ernie catches fish Mountain of Love This Song's for the Birds the Alphaquest segments Arnold Rides a Chair Monsterpiece Theater: ABCD Blue Things That I Remember...
  17. M

    Which Sesame Street character should get a Greatest hits DVD next?

    You know, I wonder how good an idea would be if Sesame Workshop chose to make sequels to the existing ones with us fans in mind, maybe having fans nominate and/or vote on certain clips for inclusion (maybe even do that for characters who don't have their own "best of" release, like The Count)...
  18. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Wow! Before reading my article, I didn't know that This Song's For the Birds was on Youtube. It was great to finally see and hear that song.
  19. M

    Does anyone find it odd that there was NO 40th anniversary TV special for the Show ?

    I've been thinking, "they don't have money to make an anniversary special, but they have money for an economy and a death in the family special? Get your priorities straight!";) I wonder if the plot of The Best of Elmo 2 might have been intended to be an anniversary special. It invovles a...
  20. M

    Which Sesame Street character should get a Greatest hits DVD next?

    Actually, I think Best of Elmo 2 is the only one with that problem. The others have up to two celebrities in them (I feel Roger Ebert's ccameo in A Celebration of Me, Grover was rather unneccessary... I'd have rather seen the whole Monsterpeice Theater skit). I have a feeling that most of...
Top