Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Henson's Place DVD

    Has anybody (besides the one who got a copy before the announced release) been able to find this? I couldn't find a copy today, Ryan at the Muppet Mindset couldn't, and I haven't seen any reviews at Muppet Central or Tough Pigs. Could this have been unexpectedly delayed or something? I hope it...
  2. M

    Best Waiter Grover sketch?

    Sesamestreet.org has a "video queue" of waiter grover sketches, and many of my favorites I listed are on it! http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/1977 Too bad it's not in chronological order (most of the "classic" sketches are at the bottom of the playlist).
  3. M

    Best Waiter Grover sketch?

    Sesamestreet.org has a "video queue" of waiter grover sketches, and many of my favorites I listed are on it! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WESqgAj-YdI Too bad it's not in chronological order (most of the "classic" sketches are at the bottom of the playlist).
  4. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I was referring to characters who might have been a bit more featured, like Bobby Benson and his Baby Band, or Wayne and Wanda.
  5. M

    Toy Story 3

    I wonder if the events of Toy Story 3 will affect the Boom! comic books, or if they will continue to take place between the events of Toy Story 2 and 3.
  6. M

    Your Favorite SST Muppet Design Through the Years

    After watching a number of 1980s Prairie Dawn clips recently, I must say that I don't care for the 1980s Prairie Dawn look. Something about her face placement just doesn't seem right for me.
  7. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    I don't know if Henson/Lionsgate needed to negotiate with Sesame Workshop in getting this special released, but I wonder if Sesame Workshop made them not put previews on the DVD. Very few Sesame Street DVDs include promos for non-Sesame Street DVDs (the only exception I know of being Follow That...
  8. M

    Which Sesame Street character should get a Greatest hits DVD next?

    Something hit me recently regarding character releases: They usually come out during anniversary years. The Best of Ernie and Bert came out in 1988. I don't know what month, so it may or may not have been after the 20th season started, and I also don't know if Sesame Workshop started...
  9. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    Oh I thought you were talking about some celebrity I hadn't heard of. That character had been called Beautiful Day Monster, but also had quite a few on-screen names on Sesame Street (such as Harry, Ralph, Lulu, and others).
  10. M

    A Guide to Errors in Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street

    There are a few places in the book that refer to there being four test pilots instead of five. One is in the Matt Robinson page when talking about the actor who played Gorodn in the test pilots. I feel like there are a few other mentions that I can't quite remember, I'm thinking they all have to...
  11. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    I'm not Jim, but I must say that if Justin Bieber is in it then they should reconsider the "greatest" part of the title. I never heard of Snooki. Anyway, back to my regularly-scheduled question for Jim... If you could pick an existing song for the Muppets to cover, what would it be?
  12. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    "Saying Goodbye" and "I'm So Blue" were also in the NCs countdown of the "Top 11 Saddest Nostalgic Moments", and the Nostalgia Chick reviewed Labyrinth. Regarding that review, while I didn't agree with the poor rating I did find it funny. I think that was the first-ever negative review of a...
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    One thing that I've wondered about Family Reunion is if any of the characters who appear in it (besides Skeeter) were included because of Amy Mebberson's desire to draw them. I know that she doesn't really like drawing obscure characters just to please the fans, but still....
  14. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Yeah it is a bit boring, though I must point out that the street stories in ABCs with Elmo are from seasons 35 and 37 (or is it 38?), so that doesn't really have any "current" street stories. Unless you include seasons before 40 as "current". Of course I wouldn't mind having a DVD of the two...
  15. M

    Unproduced Henson script to become a comic book

    I found out recently that a script that Jim Henson and Jerry Juhl worked on during the 1950s and 1960s will be adapted into a comic book by Archia (or whatever the name of the company releasing Henson comic books is). The script was titled "Tale of Sand", and is reportedly different from...
  16. M

    Toy Story 3

    That reminds me of a scene from the Family Guy episode I Am Peter Hear Me Roar.
  17. M

    "Follow That Bird"

    I recall reading an interview with Ken Kwapis last year when the movie was rereleased on DVD, and that didn't provide very much behind-the-scenes information (I recall him saying there was some debate between himself and I think WB on whether a crane shot would have been used when the Sleaze...
  18. M

    Best Waiter Grover sketch?

    My favorite is the one where Mr. Johnson orders a hamburger. Classic. Other favorites include: Alphabet Soup Picture Menu Simon Soundman's Cluck-Cluck Sandwhich First, Next, and Last Meals #9 Special of the Day Spaghetti CH Sounds A New Waiter And when it comes to Mr. Johnson...
  19. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    One clip that I thought about listing there was the "Snuffy Finds Fluffy" clip, but didn't because it's obviously part of a street story as opposed to an insert.
  20. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Hey you were right! The next "Preschool is Cool!" release has been announced, and it is Counting with Elmo. I forget what the release date is (I think september). It'll include the "Counting Booth" and "Sparkle Speckle Freckles" street stories in addition to linking material (too bad it won't...
Top