Search results

  1. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Today I've thought of an idea that I'd call "Sesame Street Seasons Party Mix", which would group clips by five-year periods (or maybe more... I doubt we'll get such a release by season 41). Much like the "Seasons 1-5" and so on introductions in the 40th anniversary set, this would break up...
  2. M

    Who is Dexter?

    In Kevin Clash's autobiography, he calls the character Juggles the Juggler.
  3. M

    The Complete History of Mahna Mahna and his alter ego Bip Bipadotta

    It is interesting how the Sesame Street one is officially considered a seperate character, but Sesame Workshop rarely acknowledges his name as Bip Bipadotta. The credits on Everybody's Record lists him by name, but I've read that the record sleeve isn't a gatefold and doesn't include images to...
  4. M

    First Season Performers

    I didn't know until today that Mahna Mahna included spoken dialogue at the beginning of the sketch, and it seems to me like the two AM girl's voice switch halfway before the song begins (I guess the same performer operated both puppets and mistakenly lip-synched to the wrong puppets).
  5. M

    Questionably Educational SST Skits

    You know for the first time ever I actually watched the clip on Youtube today, and saw that it had an introduction that I wasn't aware of. I always thought the song began with the characters singing (that's how it starts in The Street We Live On). Of course I don't ever remember seeing that...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    Actually, when I first read the "surprises" mention in early press releases, I wondered if maybe the "surprises" would include somethign that had been cut from a previous DVD release, like Mahna Mahna or 123 Sesame Street (other segments cut from DVD would be good for completist sake, but to me...
  7. M

    The usage of Link Hogthrob in the 1980's

    I don't think he was really used that much in the 1980s, at least not when compared to other characters as major/minor as he was. He was used in the last season (1980-1981) as much as he was in previous seasons, and he had a few featured parts in The Muppets Go to the Movies which was made...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    No, she's never referred to by name. I wonder if Amy can tell us what she was called in the script. I would either call her "Cross-eyed Lady" or "Carpet Overstock Lady" (since she later reveals that she works for a place called Carpet Overstock).
  9. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It is "Make a Picture Day" with Telly.
  10. M

    New Video: Muppets' Popcorn!

    If this is ever released on a DVD (and I don't think a DVD release of any of these virmup videos would be far-fetched), they should definately include a subtitles feature for this one. This one also definately needs a Webby nomination for next year.
  11. M

    New Video: Muppets' Popcorn!

    Mybe it's just me, but something about the way the caption writers message to fans is written seems to be similar to how Jim Lewis' responses on the Ask Jim Lewis thread are written.
  12. M

    Dreams about Muppets

    Last week I dreamt that I was watching the end credits for the new Muppet movie, and the performers credits were a lot like the voice credits in The Simpsons Movie.
Top