Search results

  1. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    Hey, that strategy would sure beat the wait we had between seasons 1 and 2, and the current wait between seasons 3 and 4.
  2. M

    "The World of Jim Henson" 1994 documentary

    For some reason all of the audio is now missing.
  3. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    The generic music that plays in the main menu sounds familiar to me. I feel like I've heard it on Sesame Street, but I'm not too sure. I noticed on the packaging that it says "certain characters and elements are copyright and trademark of The Jim Henson Company". But who does Henson own that...
  4. M

    Muppet Snow White

    I already knew he made a cameo in issue #2. But I meant besides that (and last I checked, earlier today, the Muppet Wiki page didn't appear to have any new info regarding issue #3). I hope Tough Pigs posts a review soon (and maybe also post the first five pages). It seems like The Muppet...
  5. M

    Irony in The Muppets Valentine Show

    I've noticed somethign ironic that happens in The Muppets' Valentine Show. When Mia Farrow enters, Brewster asks "How was your trip over here from England?" And yet a few years later, The Muppet Show would be produced in England and for many guests the traveling would be the other way...
  6. M

    Muppet Snow White

    So do any of them actually appear on-screen (on-panel?) or is it more of a verbal reference? The Tough Pigs interview with the writer (artist?) said that he planned on giving Beard a cameo.
  7. M

    Some observations on Episode 2096

    I have read that Uncle Wally (who was introduced one year previously) had always believed in Mr. Snuffleupagus, as he made the claim that he had met Snuffleupaguses in the past. Of course given the fact that he hesitated to go through the doors that last time along with the others plus his...
  8. M

    Some observations on Episode 2096

    Watching this episode, it seems like Bob doesn't believe in Snuffy more than any of the others who don't believe in him. And there's something about his disbelief here that has a sinister quality to it. Maybe it's just me, but in this episode Bob seems like the kind of person who would find out...
  9. M

    Muppet Snow White

    I read at the tough pigs forum that the third issue of Muppet Snow White came out today, but previews didn't make it online yet. Anybody see the latest issue?
  10. M

    Are these real SST Muppets?

    The one dressed as "Bride of Frankenstien" looks like it could be Prairie Dawn (or Betty Lou) in a wig. Don't know about the other one.
  11. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    I found an interesting 1970s commercial for a SST album, which includes the characters in animated form. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXwOd08RQck
  12. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Shoes Day" with Oscar the Grouch.
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    I noticed that in the "keeping it current" montage that the first few clips have scene transitions between them, but by the end of the montage the clips just cut to each other. Almost as if they chose halfway through to stop with the transitions (though the final clip does transition to the next...
  14. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    I (think I) know you're joking on that, but I'm sure it's not. That episode came from the early 1970s, and Barney was introduced in the late-1980s. I assume that Bad Barney was an Anything Muppet. But unfortunately, that episode page was sourced from a CTW Archives program guide, not an...
  15. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 20 and Still Counting DVD

    That has been mentioned a few times. It was mentioned in the review.
  16. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    And Alan apparently gave away flashlights during the hurricane instead of charging for them! Actually Hooper's has charged money before. In the test pilots and the first episode characters put money into a can at Hooper's Store after purchasing newspapers from the store. I think David...
  17. M

    A Guide to Errors in Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street

    I spotted two errors on page 97. First, it says that Snuffy was originally envisioned as Big Bird's invisible friend. But he was never invisible - he was thought by the adults to be imaginary (which he also was not). I see imaginary and invisible as two different things. And also, it...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    You can check out just about any online review of the comics. Those include images. And every time a new issue come sout, www.comicbookresources.com and www.toughpigs.com include previews of the new issues (usually the first five pages).
  19. M

    Sesame Street at Night

    I wonder if that might have been the same Muppet replica ftom Sex and Violence (hey, the Gene Shalit Muppet does look a little like the lavendar live-hand Anything Muppet). .
  20. M

    Some observations on Episode 2096

    Oops... Watching again, her name was Akeem, not Adrianne. What a stupid mistake on my part.
Top