Search results

  1. M

    The "hand-me-down" performers

    I thought I'd start a thread to discuss performers who seem to essentially be "hand me down" performers, who seem to have taken over more characters than they had originated. The two most obvious are Eric Jacobson and Matt Vogel, as they are sort of understudies. Eric Jacobson performs most...
  2. M

    A Guide to Errors in Sesame Street: A Celebration - 40 Years of Life on the Street

    Not too sure if this counts as an error, but on page 130 it says that (paraphrasing) "By the mid-1980s the producers had to address an issue that became more pressing each year: The need to find talent to sub for Jim Henson and Frank Oz in their respective roles as Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster...
  3. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Letter M Day" with Big Bird.
  4. M

    Dreams about Muppets

    I had this dream last night. I think I was at some kind of official Sesame Street event, though I only saw Caroll Spinney there. I saw him and asked him how he could see what he was doing when performing Bruno. Caroll gave out an annoyed sigh (not sure if it was because of the question or if he...
  5. M

    Super Grover 2.0

    I wonder if all these new short-form series will be in every episode. Count TV probably will (it's been said that 26 episodes were produced). Though do we really need multiple Count TV segments for numbers past 20 in the same season? I wonder if Elmo's World will continue, with this...
  6. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I thought somebody mentioned it on this forum, saying both Sony Wonder and Shout were being discontinued. Or maybe I misread what I read. Or maybe it was a game of "telephone". I can't remember what thread I thought I saw it in. If Warner Home Video currently isn't interested in releasing...
  7. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    DuckTales had a line of bendies, and ironically the only DuckTales bendy I ever got was the Launchpad one, after I had gotten the action figure from the Darkwing Duck line. I think there was also a line of Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers bendies, while Tale Spin had an action figure line.
  8. M

    Who owns the rights to The Muppets Celebrate Jim Henson?

    I beleive that Disney always owned the distribution rights to the special. But it would make more sense for Disney to own it since it stars the Muppets.
  9. M

    Alphabet Chat Thread

    Or maybe it was to overcompensate for the time Jerry spent working on Fraggle Rock (since he did perform the star of that series).
  10. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    I thought it was a second series that never got made. I got all of the series 1 figures (not sure if I still have them). Ironically the first one that I got (and by choice) was Tuskernini, even though I hadn't seen any episodes with him at the time (same with Bushroot). If I was right about...
  11. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    I meant he was only in one episode on the set. His second appearance is more like a sequel to me, so I don't really consider him to be a regular character. At least not regular enough. Though I wonder what would have happened if they made a Tauras action figure (hey, they made a Tuskernini...
  12. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    Well I finally found a copy of Darkwing Duck Vol. 1 the other day and purchased it (I was shopping for Henson's Place but couldn't find a copy). Here's hoping sales from my purchase encourage Disney to release a thrid volume.... ;) I haven't watched every episode on the set, but it is...
  13. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I thought Shout! was a discontinued brand.
  14. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Interesting poll. I wonder if it would be a good idea to make more polls like this in the future, regarding things like Muppet/Sesame Street CD releases, more Sesame Street DVDs for the Old School fans, DVD releases of Muppet television specials (not just as bonus features on The Muppet Show...
  15. M

    Best Waiter Grover sketch?

    And this seems to be one of the rarest waiter Grover sketches. I don't ever remember seeing it. It's not on DVD and Sesame Workshop has never put it online. I guess you could say it is one of Sesame Street's most-requested "holy grails".
  16. M

    The question of the day is, "was the question of the day recurring?"

    At the beginning of Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, Kermit tells Bill Cosby that he is on his way to ask the question of the day, and upon hearing this, Bill Cosby says "I've always wanted to do this..." But wait a minute... Bill Cosby always wanted to answer the question of the day...
  17. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    People at Warner did state (paraphrasing here) "Classic Sesame Street is already available under 'Old School'." That was a few months ago, and if Warner never intended on any new "Classic Sesame Street" releases, I hope they change their minds someday (if their minds haven't been changed). For...
  18. M

    SST 40th Anniversary Library Exhibit Project, Coming in September

    If that library holds public screenings maybe you can host a screening of Sesame Street videos/DVDs from the libraries collection. Maybe Follow That Bird (since some of it takes place in Illonois) or a few anniversary specials (I wouldn't screen 40 Years of Sunny Days... I don't know if the kids...
  19. M

    Super Grover 2.0

    In the last few seasons it seemed like many long-running classic characters had appeared less frequently. With this new segment, it looks like Grover will appear in every other episode if not every episode (and it seems like The Count will once again be in every episode with Count TV; I don't...
  20. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    All this time when it was said Angus McGonacle gargled Gershwin I thought "Gershwin" was some kind of food or liquid. I didn't realize it meant he gargled the tunes of the composer (I also didn't know his first name was George).
Top