Search results

  1. M

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    I haven't been getting that message, but I recently found that I'm unable to post comments in the comments sections of my most recent videos. EDIT TO ADD: In one of my most recent videos, I noticed an icon with "!" in it (between the caption icon and the thing that looks like a word balloon)...
  2. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Well I've seen it in stores today. I didn't pick purchase a copy, but according to the packaging, it includes four street stories (the oither being "Slimey the Hero"... I don't remember knowing about this story. Makes me wonder if it's the "Super Worm" story from the early 1990s, though it...
  3. M

    Questions about Puppeteering The Count

    Watching that clip, it's interesting that Kevin Clash only voiced Elmo due to directing. I would have thought it would be easiest to perform and direct the same production if one was a Muppet performer, since performers have monitors to watch what they are doing. Though I read that in The...
  4. M

    If there were a Muppet Marathon on television

    Many things get edited on TV, for time and content. Syndicated reruns of shows, Peanuts specials, TV broadcasts of movies, classic cartoon shorts... Fans of those most likely got a little annoyed by the edits, but why should the possibilities of edits be any different for Muppets (aside from the...
  5. M

    Your Thoughts: It's A Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie Widescreen DVD

    It's a shame that the bonus CD couldn't have at least included all the songs from the movie (even if they had to take the audio from the film). This would have been a golden opportunity to finally own "Everyone Matters" on CD.
  6. M

    Muppets segment on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson on DVD!

    I don't know if I'll buy this just for one episode with two Muppet appearances (especially considering I have two different DVDs with versions of the Inchworm sketch). If I was a big Tonight Show fan I might but I've never really watched it much. Still, if this set sells well enough, it...
  7. M

    Shoplifting teen made to dress up as Bert as punishment

    Or Justin Bieber. That'd be scary.:)
  8. M

    Has Big Bird lost his appeal?

    I think it is rumored that Joey Mazzarino and some of the other current writers have trouble writing for Big Bird. Can't remember where I read it (probably the thread about Big Bird only appearing in four episodes this season).
  9. M

    If there were a Muppet Marathon on television

    I remember that on Memorial Day in 1993 Nickelodeon did air a Muppet marathon, featuring The Frog Prince, The Muppet Musicians of Bremen, The Secrets of the Muppets, Hey Cinderella, and episodes of Muppet Babies (I remember them showing a special one hour and two MB episodes the next). Back...
  10. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    There's a new sketch with Mr. Johnson. Has this been on the show yet this season? http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/7e895c75-349d-4217-aaa0-1cfe8b2e8722/letter_g_game
  11. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Ryan, I think you said recently that you might be able to get Dave Goelz to do an interview on themuppetmindset. If you do, I'd like to see some discussion on Digit (such as if Dave Goelz knows why he wasn't used much after The Jim Henson Hour ended), as well as maybe what it was like for him to...
  12. M

    An old VH1 Sesame Street Music Special...

    I never would have thought they'd needed an updated version of that special for the 40th anniversary. Considering the format of that special (focusing primarily on celebrity performances, and in alphabetical order), the only things made since then that I'd feel really belong are Nora Jones'...
  13. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Letter L Day" with Big Bird.
  14. M

    TV Favorites

    Today at Wal-Mart I saw two Sesame Street DVDs that I knew nithing about in advance. I didn't pay enough attention to the packaging to see if they are Wal-Mart exclusives like the initial discs that were later released as part of the TV Fun Packs, but these DVDs had the label "TV Favorites", and...
  15. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    That's an interesting post. I wonder if he expected to get a official answer when he wrote the first article. Though I don't see how the trash can lid would look like a halo if drawn hinged up. Isn't a halo normally seen above the whole head as a circle? Oscar's head would be in front of the...
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    I've been thinking about how the show seems to have abandoned 1990s segments, and how very few pre-HD segments outside of Elmo's World have been on the show this year... It's bad enough that a few years ago they even stopped showing segments with Jim Henson's invovlement (if you don't count...
  17. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I got issue 10 today. I wasn't too excited about the Muppet Mash storyarc at first, but it seems like each issue is better than the previous one. Still, we've gone through three issues of this storyarc, and Sweetums has been the only recurring monster to appear in them. A few original monster...
  18. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    I've just noticed that the dates of all journal entries posted correspond with whatever dates the entries are posted on the website.
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    If it is an existing street story with a different number and inserts, then this'll be the first time they did that since the format changed.
  20. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    Ironically, as far as I know, none of the Elmo's World segments were made in HD (not even the ones made for season 39... I don't think they made any new ones for seasons 40 or 41... The "Frogs" episode doesn't count).
Top