Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    Wow, it seems the 1990s is getting phased out faster than the 1970s and 1980s have.
  2. M

    Favorite/least favorite segments with many DVD releases

    Over the years many segments have been released on video and/or DVD many times. Many of them are classic and pretty much expected to be rereleased every so often (C is for Cookie, Rubber Duckie, The Alligator King), while others seem a bit random to release so much (Marilyn Horne's "C is for...
  3. M

    Reintroducing SST Characters in Season Premieres

    It seems like the openign scenes in many of the season premieres reintroduced many of the characters. While this seems like a good idea, I wonder if there was really a point to it. After all, as far as I know reruns were still shown daily between the season finale and premiere, so it's not like...
  4. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    I was thinking it would be interesting if there was a DVD spotlightig the various Muppet performers. Perhaps each section could include a mini-documentary on a performer followed by several complete inserts of their characters. This would be a good line-up for a collection focusing on the...
  5. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    Have any 1990s segments even been on the show this season? It's bad enough that they stopped showing Jim Henson's performances a few years ago (and I prefer the '80s to the '90s, and the '70s to the '80s). It will be sad if we get to the first-ever season since season 35 to not include Nora...
  6. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Big and Small Bonanza Day with Elmo.
  7. M

    2011: What We Know And Can Hope For

    It would be great if Disney would find some way to rerelease Muppet Magazine. Maybe make a special release of many of the best articles and comics from the magazine. Or maybe a CD_rom of all the issues, similar to the Complete Mad Magazine CD-rom released ten years ago. I hope that season 4...
  8. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    I was just looking at the website and only now noticed the part that mentioned that Jim Henson put one-word journal entries on what he did each day. Now it makes sense that these are small entries, with occasional elaborated detailed information added. I thought I read that Henson kept...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    So did True Mud have an ending that explained why the main character took a mudbath despite not being a grouch?
  10. M

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    I thought her acting was okay. At the very least, it was better than her acting in that SNL sketch (though the poor acting could have been intentional).
  11. M

    Wondering the visuals for songs

    I just remembered that when I first heard African Alphabet, I wondered if Ladysmith Black Mambazo was the a capella group seen in Put Down the Duckie and that segment with Paul Simon. I figured they sounded like them but wasn't completely sure. Considering the visuals for the segments I...
  12. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Here's an entry about the first taping of Sesame Street sketches. http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2010/09/29/9291969/ Oddly enough, it says "Filming begins on CTW Show", and it's dated September 1969... I would have thought filming of inserts would have begun earlier, before the summer...
  13. M

    Joey (A,B,C,D,..Cookie Monster!Girl)

    Who knows? Maybe she didn't want to participate in the 20th anniversary special, maybe there was some other reason... I'd hate to suggest this but maybe she died before the 20th anniversary (we don't really know much about what the many kids from the show have done since they were last on the...
  14. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Somehow I think a "Sesame Street for Adult Collectors" migth be a better title. I feel maybe some Roosevelt Franklin and Don Music sketches and Baker films should also be included as well (though many are at sesamestreet.org so it's not like Sesame Workshop is against releasing them to the...
  15. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Good Frank Oz article. Back when I started thinking about what to include in my "top 41 Sesame Street sketches in no particular order", I had considered giving the 1-10 spots to segments that corresponded with those numbers. But in the end I didn't (though I still listed segments about the...
  16. M

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    No, he was in It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and his scene was cut before it was broadcast.
  17. M

    Katy Perry song banned from Sesame Street Season 41

    You know, sometimes I wonder if he did that just to avoid being typecast (after all, he had just ended his series at the time).
  18. M

    Sesame Street celebrity wish list

    "Weird Al" Yankovic. Drtooth pointed out in the "Katy Perry banned" thread that it also took him a long time to appear on The Simpsons, but I must point out that he also hasn't appeared on Saturday Night Live. Of course when Joey Mazzarino was interviewed by Tough Pigs a few years ago...
  19. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 41

    During the street story I saw it coming that Telly would investigate whether Oscar took a bath, and saw it coming that Oscar would have taken a mud bath. I wondered if maybe they'd show Do De Rubber Duck in this episode, but they didn't. Then again, Telly and Oscar were both there, and it...
  20. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    A few of the stuff on that list that aren't linked to sesamestreet.org actually are available at sesamestreet.org: 9. http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/b2ebd37c-154c-11dd-8ea8-a3d2ac25b65b/prairie_dawn_invites_3 27...
Top