Search results

  1. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    I've noticed that during some of the "season (insert five-year period here)" intervals we sometimes hear dialogue that doesn't appear on the DVDs. Like in the beginning of "Seasons 1-5" Big Bird can be heard saying "Hi. I'm glad you're here", but that line doesn't appear (in fact no Big Bird...
  2. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Why Pepe says "okay" at the end of sentences actually was mentioned by Bill Barretta in an interview. I think it's from Muppetzine, and Muppet Central used to have it transcribed (for a time Muppet Central transcribed a number of MuppetZine articles but for some reason they were eventually taken...
  3. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Fun with Numbers Day" with Telly Monster.
  4. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    Another clip that I hope will eventually surface in english: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_iDMrTiXJ4&feature=related I've heard of this one previously, and thought the salesman in this was Lefty. It isn't.
  5. M

    Sesame Street classic clips on YouTube

    Here's a commercial for "The Wonderful World of Sesame Street" record (and the clips don't match the audio). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2sTQHKd5F9Y
  6. M

    Question about the Spongebob episode, "I Had an Accident"

    I don't watch Spongebob or Between the Lions often, but I feel that if that episode (which I've never seen) were to have a crossover cameo, I think it would have made since for the cameo to be either characters from another Nicktoon (maybe Fairly Odd Parents or... Uh... What other Nicktoons were...
  7. M

    Little things we've noticed

    I just realised... Most of the "celebrity montages" feature pretty much every celebrity who appeared on the show that (or the previous) season. The season 25 version of A New Way to Walk appears to have guests from season 25... But as far as I can tell, it doesn't include any appearances by...
  8. M

    We Have a Picture of Walter AND MORE NEWS!

    I doubt it. That's from Henson, not Disney, though it seems some of the puppets used there were in post-sale Muppet productions. Still, Henson likely won't be involved with this movie. Looking at the puppet, I feel he looks like he would belong on Sid the Science Kid.
  9. M

    We Have a Picture of Walter AND MORE NEWS!

    Out of curiosity do you feel the same way about the cartoon characters in Who Framed Roger Rabbit calling themselves "toons"? In the article it says that Walter is like one of the Muppets and wants to join them because he doesn't know anyone else like him (I wonder how his family looks)...
  10. M

    The Darkwing Duck Thread

    I've been wondering, were Bushroot and Liquidators origins ever acknoledged after their debut episodes? Or did they treat them as if they were always in those forms? I know that in Jail Bird they don't return back to their original forms when they lose their powers. But if they did return to...
  11. M

    Any Ernst Fans?

    I remember when I first heard that Ernest was in commercials, I had wondered if he originated in his movies or saturday morning series or somewhere else. Then I was watching Ernest Goes to Camp with somebody and during the scene where Ernest told a story about Vern I was told that Ernest was...
  12. M

    Little things we've noticed

    Recently when watching the celebrity version of "Monster in the Mirror", when the various celebrities first appear and all sing together, we actually hear the bridge of the song sung by Grover and the monsters, as heard in audio recordings of the song (but not in the broadcast version of the...
  13. M

    Loony Tunes, a theory as to why the are a tough sell...

    I don't think they are a hard sell due to being "jerks who only look out for themselves". Many characters seem to be that way. And by that logic I don't think Pepe le Pew is that innoccent; He mistakes female cats for skunks (and also male cats for female skunks) and instantly feels he has to be...
  14. M

    Classic Clips on SST Workshop's Site

    I didn't know that this clip was on the site: http://www.sesamestreet.org/video_player/-/pgpv/videoplayer/0/a8b93621-1529-4511-8603-0d563480f472/c_is_for_candice
  15. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Fairy Fun Day with Abby Cadabby.
  16. M

    Any Ernst Fans?

    I recently found that most (all?) episodes of Hey Vern It's Ernest have been uploaded on YouTube (interestingly, I remember searching for it earlier this year and didn't find anything, but when I found the episodes, I saw they were uploaded last year). I only vaguely remember watching the...
  17. M

    Out To Lunch

    There might be a difference between ABC producing the special and broadcasting it. ABC also broadcast Elmopalooza which was released on video an DVD afterwards. It's ironic. Just a few dasy ago I was wondering if Sesame Workshop owns the distribution rights to that special. I wonder if...
  18. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Well, all four "Muppet Mash" issues have been released. Does the fourth one have any recurring monsters besides Animal and Sweetums? It seems like for a horror-themed storyarc we haven't been seeing the other monsters, but they had popped up quite a bit in previous storyarcs. And last night...
  19. M

    Quick question

    You know, I started wondering, if research showed that hardly any kids at all were still watching the show and the majority of watches were hardcore adult fans like us, and the ratings were still as good as ever, do you think Sesame Workshop would just end the show, or would they change the...
  20. M

    Questions about Puppeteering The Count

    One thing that I wonder: Why was Matt Vogel mouthing out Jerry Nelson's vocals? It would make since if Matt was performing the voice, but it seems he was moving his own mouth in addition to having The Count lip-sync. Weird.
Top