Search results

  1. M

    Little things we've noticed

    I was watching the Sesame Street News clip where Kermit asks the three little pigs how they feel about the Big Bad Wolf blowing their houses down. With the mid-1980s title card, the title card actually raises up from the screen, as opposed to fading to the first scene. I wonder if there are...
  2. M

    Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

    You know, people at Tough Pigs are saying that this is what Betty White did to get a hosting gig on the show, and I can't help but wonder why "Weird Al" Yankovic hasn't done something like this (at least as a parody) to get on the show. If Cookie Monster succeeds, I wonder if they'll put...
  3. M

    Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

    If Cookie Monster DID host the show, I wonder if his involvement would be the same as the average SNL host, or if he'd be featured less (or more?)? I think I'd rather see Ernie and Bert, Grover, Oscar the Grouch, or Kermit (which would be out of Sesame Workshop's controll) host it than...
  4. M

    Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

    Sesame Workshop has recently uploaded a new YouTube video in which Cookie Monster auditions to be a host on Saturday Night Live. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-PkQRh3QXA
  5. M

    Ranking Sesame Street Recurring Segments

    Ernie's Show and Tell debuted in season 30, a few years before the format change. I'm pretty sure it wasn't in nearly every episode when it debuted (unlike Elmo's World), and after the season 33 format change while it did appear from time to time it never did become a daily/semi-daily segment...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    The month's almost over, and still no sign of when the next issue will be released. They must be skipping this month (of course I think there was a month when two issues of The Muppet Show Comic Book came out).
  7. M

    Any idea how Two-headed Monster scenes are scripted?

    One thing I've been wondering for years: If the Two-Headed Monster appears in a script, how does the script identify which head says what? Would a script refer to the heads by their names (whether it be "Horns and Harndart" or "Frank and Stein"), or would it refer to them as "Left Head" and...
  8. M

    Is it ok for a character's style to evolve?

    The Electric Mayhem HAS changed it's regular wardrobe over the years, and with the exception of Janice all of them seem to have gone back to their original outfits at times during the past decade. During the 1980s Dr. Teeth switched from a furry colorful vest to a black leather vest...
  9. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Thankful Time" with Abby Cadabby. And if sesamestreet.org really wants me to be thankful they'd add a bunch of classic clips (it's been almost five months since any classic clips were added to the site at all).
  10. M

    "Elmo's Best Moments" list on AOL

    Today AOL's main page has an article on Elmo, listing his best moments. http://www.tvsquad.com/2010/11/18/elmos-best-moments/?icid=main%7Cwelcome%7Cdl2%7Csec1_lnk3%7C185465 Noticed a big error in this article (aside from saying Elmo's been on the show for 25 years yet acknowledging his...
  11. M

    Old School DVD set ideas

    Another great release idea: "Classic Storytime & Nursery Rhymes!" Ideal line-up: Sesame Street News: The Pied Piper The Magic Apple The Boy, The Girl, and the Jellybeans (part 1) The Boy, The Girl, and the Jellybeans (part 2) The Boy, The Girl, and the Jellybeans (part 3) Sesame Street...
  12. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Considering the trouble it took to get Kermit on the Silly Storytime DVD (they wanted him on the cover because it has so many Newsflash segments, and they didn't have a good enough Kermit photo of the quality being used on current DVDs), I wonder what would happen if a simialr case came up for a...
  13. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Good article, but there seems to be some mistakes regarding dates. It lists 1984 as the year of "Out to Lunch". That special was actually broadcast in the early 1970s, I think 1972. It also lists the Bob Hope Christmas Special with Big Bird as being from 1970. I'll have to check Muppet Wiki, but...
  14. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    The website had an interesting entry on The Witches: http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2010/11/19/11191988/ I never knew that Jim Henson himself had pitched the movie. I would have thoguth somebody else pitched the idea to adapt The Witches into a feature, and that Jim Henson's Creature Shop...
  15. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Assuming you didn't miswrite "should" as "would", are you basing this on the stories represented in the main program? I did think of that myself, before making that wishlist. And if it does have a "Sleeping Beauty" newsflash, I hope it's the one that hasn't been released on DVD yet. Man...
  16. M

    Now what's going on with YouTube?

    I don't think that's new. I usually stay logged in, and sometimes when I go to YouTube I suddenly have to log in. It's happened to me before any recent changes. There are other websites I am a mmeber of, and in some cases I always stay logged in (though sometimes it automatically logs me off)...
  17. M

    Thanksgiving at the Muppet Theater

    Thanks. I had been thinking this up for a few weeks. I had originally wanted to do something with the whole "How I Met Your Mother" cast, saying that they were going to tape a scene from an upcoming thanksgiving episode on the stage, with Miss Piggy portraying Ted's current girlfriend. But...
  18. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Listening to that podcast episode, it sounded like Louis Mitchell said he worked on the back of the DVD package in addition to the cover. But I thought all the images on the back covers were still images, unless he meant selecting stills to use. I wonder how complete the listing at Muppet...
  19. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I hadn't listened to The MuppetCast much in a long time, and it seems there haven't been threads for new episodes in a long time... But I am surprised that this news hadn't been discussed by fans sooner. I mean, it was mentioned Kermit would be on the cover of a Sesame DVD, and it wasn't at...
  20. M

    Thanksgiving at the Muppet Theater

    Chapter 8 On-stage… “And now, here is a tribute to the first thanksgiving”, said Kermit. The curtains raised. Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem, as well as Clifford, Wayne, Wanda, Nigel, and Scooter, were portraying the pilgrims, navigating a ship. “Okay, gang”, said Dr. Teeth...
Top