Search results

  1. M

    Early Criticisms of the Count (Vampire)

    I remember seeing scans posted on the Tough Pigs forum. I can't remember the title of the thread, though.
  2. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I wasn't expecting you to add to it and make changes, but you sure did help make it better than I had originally written it. I already thougth that that was my best-written "Weekly Muppet Wednesday" article, but you made it a lot better. I didn't write that part about Grover having a...
  3. M

    Sesame Street Action Figures

    That idea about th Tyco line sounds good. I would also add Biff and Sully to the mix (and also Abby Cadabby and Murray Monster). But at least Palisades DID release one Sesame figure, the exclusive Super Grover. Of course I find it a little weird that they'd release Super Grover as a...
  4. M

    RedPiggy's Realizations

    I guess what I said about Jim Henson "fighting tooth and nail and losing a battle" about Fraggle Rock having a proper ending being different from how we knew him may have been much... I don't know. It seems like most of the people who knew him well constantly say that he never raised his voice...
  5. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It is "Happy Halloween Day" with Zoe.
  6. M

    RedPiggy's Realizations

    Are you sure he "fought tooth and nail" and "lost the argument"? Because that doesn't sound like the Jim Henson fans know. Of course I only have the first season set of Fraggle Rock so maybe it was explained that way in the last box set.
  7. M

    Little Jerry & The Monotones:Muppet Encarnations of Muppeteers?

    Jeff Moss and Christopher Cerf only provided voices, not puppetry. It's possible that Jim Henson might have done the puppeteering for Big Jeffy, but I don't know for sure. Big Jeffy is the only member who looks like any Muppet performer. In early sketches it seems like the performers were...
  8. M

    Does anyone keep their own sesamestreet.org clip guides?

    Well, I do know that "123 Sesame Street", "See the Signs", and "Monsterpiece Theater: The Sound of Music" were all on the site at one point but later taken down. I know there was another musical performance later taken down (can't remember what the song was, don't remember watching it... The...
  9. M

    Little things we've noticed

    This may not count in the same way as others, but in James Taylor's "That Grouchy Face" and "Up on the Roof", I noticed that the drummer looked a lot like Caroll Spinney, with a black beard and afro. I'm sure that was probably Talor's regular drummer at the time. I think there was another...
  10. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I like it too (I especially like that Lips is included). It would be great if a few different banners were created for different days of the week (like a Sesame Street banner for Sesame Street Saturdays, a Fraggle Rock banner for the "Almost Daily Fraggle Rock Quote" and any other Fraggle-themed...
  11. M

    Taz-Mania

    I know that there's going to be (maybe is, not sure) as single-disc release in Austrailia. I hope the series gets released in any form in the U.S. (as long as we get a good balance of episodes involving the family, hotel, and outback, and get episodes with as many main characters as possible).
  12. M

    My Sesame Street Memory Book

    Recently I was at a flea market and found a copy of the 1983 book "My Sesame Street Memory Book" (it says that on the side cover, but the front says "My Memory Book" underneath the Sesame Street logo). I didn't buy it, but I knew somebody who had it long ago and looking through the book again...
  13. M

    Master Insert Tapes

    You know for years I had expected the performers to just take down their puppets when mistakes are made and maybe show their heads on camera. So believe it or not I was a slight bit disapointed to learn that they stay in character even after messing up. Still, with various pre- and...
  14. M

    Here's a depressing thought....

    I just hope they were right about us making it to 2015. I hope the 2012 thing was just a wrong prediction.
  15. M

    Any Ernst Fans?

    A few weeks ago The Nostalgia Critic did a review of Ernest Scared Stupid (and incorrectly referred to it as the last theatrical Ernest movie): http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/28072-nc-ernest-scared-stupid The Nostalgia Critic also reviewed...
  16. M

    C is for Cookie Monster DVD

    If you count Kermit's appearance in the season 4 premiere then his appearance in the first episode counts; Kermit's appearance on the street in the fourth season premiere was just a cameo. There is something that I had been wondering. The "Monsterpiece Theater" segment that appears on this...
  17. M

    C is for Cookie Monster DVD

    Well, it was a good release. In my opinion it gets better in the second half. Many classic clips appear in second half, though only one of them (Ernie meets Cookie Monsters cousin) is new-to-DVD. It does have a bit of repitition. Several segments in a row about healthy eating, both disco...
  18. M

    C is for Cookie Monster DVD

    Well, I bought the DVD. I haven't watched it yet (I'm at the library now), and the Muppet Wiki page doesn't have a full sketch listing, but the DVD is 67 minutes long (I think that's the longest of the WB releases, excluding Follow That Bird). Interestingly, the packagign lists "Ginger Bread...
  19. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Counting Animals Day" with The Count.
  20. M

    When should celebrities write autobiographies?

    Okay, I was at the store today and I saw that Justin Bieber has already written an autobiography. I hadn't heard of Bieber until earleir this year, but isn't it kind of soon for him to have written an autobiography? Over the years I felt that if I was a celebrity I would wait at least a few...
Top