Search results

  1. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    The difference is that the bug villian wasn't really too evil. What I had in mind was an existing character (or a ficticious obscure character) who was the most affected by the Muppets splitting up and joined the villian out of spite. Or maybe joined the villian before the Muppets started to get...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    I got some bad news: It looks like Boom may be canceling all its Muppet titles. You can read about it here: http://blog.newsarama.com/2011/01/11/booms-pixar-and-muppet-titles-canceled-by-previews/ It'd be sad if we don't even get "The Four Seasons".
  3. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    Maybe a newly-created character with a similar look to Henson's earlier characters could assist the bad guy. I wouldn't expect The Jim Henson Company to loan out any Sam and Friends characters for the picture, but maybe somebody similar. Though it would make sense for Sam to join the villian...
  4. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Regarding the Jerry Nelson interview: In 2009 when Nelson was interviewed for Tough Pigs he said that all his characters were bad impressions of actors. I thought he was joking then, but in these Muppet Mindset review he seems to be saying who his various character voices are impressions of...
  5. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    Considering all the talk and images we've had about Walter, I wonder what the chances are that the film will have more original puppet characters who just haven't been mentioned in press releases or interviews. I just reread the script reviews that were posted a few years ago, and it seems...
  6. M

    "Pioneers of Television" to spotlight Jim Henson 2/8

    I'm surprised this thread hasn't already been opened, but on febuary 2, the PBS series "Pioneers of Television" will have a segment devoted to Jim Henson, in an episode about children's television. The episode will also be available as a single-disc DVD and part of a complete season 2 set...
  7. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Letter Q Day" with Big Bird. With season 41 being over I was hoping that they'd add some more classic clips but hardly any clips were added last week.
  8. M

    Was Harvey Kneeslapper really in How to Be a Grouch?

    Recently I found a copy of the book Sesame Street Treasury at the store. I didn't buy it, but looked through it. It's basically a 40th anniversary collection of various Sesame Street books over the years. One of the stories included is How to Be a Grouch. I had read at the Harvey Kneeslapper...
  9. M

    CEOSST Continuity Error

    I never noticed those continuity errors regarding whether it's light or dark out before. Maybe there was a series of minor eclipses on the street that day, that the residents either didn't notice or care about. Before Oscar sings "I Hate Christmas", Mr. Hooper is seen with the presents he...
  10. M

    Whatever happened to Seymour

    He only performed the voice in that production. I was just reading Sal's page at Muppet Wiki, and according to that Brian Henson's last performance as Sal was in an appearance at The Jerry Lewis Telehon in 2005, after The Muppets' Wizard of Oz aired.
  11. M

    Rumor: Big Bird only in four Season 41 episodes

    Well, the season is over. Were we proven wrong about the number of new episodes Big Bird appeared in this season? Slightly off-topic: Considering the shows current budget cuts, it's a wonder Caroll Spinney doesn't perform more non-Big Bird/non-Oscar characters again like he did in the first...
  12. M

    Why isn't Kevin Clash given other roles?

    It's a shame that Kevin Clash didn't even perform in A Muppets Christmas: Letters to Santa, since that was filmed in New York and featured a number of Sesame Street performers who haven't performed in non-SST productions in quite a while (though around that time David Rudman and Matt Vogel were...
  13. M

    What if the New Muppet Movie's Villain had a Muppet Sidekick?

    Please note that the following is just speculation and wishful thinking about The Mupets new movie, and as far as I know has not been rumored beforehand. I've been thinking, about the upcoming Muppet movie (whatever they decide to call it); Could it be possible that the villian might have a...
  14. M

    Whatever happened to Seymour

    Actually I think Brian Henson does still perform, but pretty much only for The Jim Henson Company. I don't think he's physically performed any Muppet characters since the Disney purchase. Bill Baretta was asked why Seymour was dropped during an interview at The Muppet Mindset, and he wasn't...
  15. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    I've been thinking about that "?" article about why Oscar wears a trash can lid on his head in illustrations lately. In the article Joe Mathiew said that he didn't know who the first person was to draw him that way. Looking at Muppet Wiki, I saw that he wore his lid as a hat on the cover of the...
  16. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    The Muppets Studio YouTube channel should show a few sneak peek clips and behind-the-scenes footage on the movie. A few sneak peek clips from Toy Story 3 were uploaded before its release, so why not the Muppets new movie? Or maybe, and I don't know how feasible it'd be now that production...
  17. M

    Insider question: confused on segment numbering

    I wonder if I may have been wrong on my theory about the first two numbers representing a season, or if I saw a misprint or what. But in that same book, there are scans from the script for Maria and Luis' wedding episode. Included in the script is a list of segments, plus those kinds of numbers...
  18. M

    Why isn't Kevin Clash given other roles?

    I'd like to see images or video footage of that wall someday. I wonder if there's a way of contacting Martin Robinson about showcasing it in the Sesame Family Robinson blog. But then again, it's sad that a wall of retired characters had to be called the "Dead Muppet" wall. Was Hoots even...
  19. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Huh, just a few weeks ago I was contemplating doing a Digit article (no, I didn't write any drafts). Very good article. Oh, and my Lips article was mentioned! SOMETHING I SAID IN ONE OF MY ARTICLES MADE AN IMPACT ON SOMEBODY! Hooray! :excited: I do wonder what was meant by The Jim Henson...
  20. M

    Henson-related video games

    A couple of ideas that aren't really mine... Somebody posted an article at the Muppet Mindset today about a Muppet version of Rock Band. I think it sounds cool, though I haven't played those types of games very often. The article can be found here...
Top