Search results

  1. M

    Interview with Legendary Muppeteer Jerry Nelson

    I always figured it was Jerry doing the gargling.
  2. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Delicious Food Day" with Rosita.
  3. M

    The Muppets and YouTube.com

    Here's an interview with Frank Oz promoting The Muppets Take Manhattan. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0hqZeV5beE
  4. M

    Being Elmo: A Puppeteer's Journey documentary in development

    This is good news. I am excited. I hope it comes out on DVD. It would be awesome if it had clips from the 1979 Macy's Thanksgiving Parade, where Kevin Clash performed Cookie Monster (I wonder if it'd be a clearance nightmare to release clips from Macy's parades commercially). It'd also be...
  5. M

    Classic Mister Rogers from the 60's and 70's now available for download and DVD

    That sounds familiar to me, though I feel like such a thing only happened for a short scene. I wonder, will this service only include one episode per DVD ordered, or if somebody were to order multiple episodes would they put all the episodes ordered (until they reach disc space lmit) on...
  6. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street 40 Years DVD Box Set

    According to Muppet Wiki, Amazon is now selling a special exclusive version of this DVD with a bonus disc, containing a full episode from this season (the rakhi episode). I am mixed on this. On one hand, I already have the set, never order things online, and don't think I'd get it again...
  7. M

    Muppets at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

    I don't see why all the character copyrights couldn't have just been listed in the credits.
  8. M

    This is probably why we didn't have comic news

    Regarding the small pay people are saying langridge and others get, I recall reading a quote from one comic book writer/artist who said he was offered a job for one of the Muppet comics (I think Muppet King Arthur) because of the amound he was offered (can't remember if he said a speciffic...
  9. M

    This is probably why we didn't have comic news

    I don't have time to check the exact quotes, but she has talked about this in the Muppet Peter Pan thread and (I beleive) her first interview on The Muppet Mindset. I don't think she's against it, but usually wants a reason for including an obscure character that only we would know. But she has...
  10. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street at Macy's 2010 Thanksgiving Day Parade

    Was this the first parade in years not to include Herry, Alice, or Barkley? I don't know if their absense is due to Sesame Workshop's recent financial problems (possibly allowing for less performers to appear) or if maybe the characters are no longer usable to perform or what.
  11. M

    This is probably why we didn't have comic news

    This is sad news. Hopefully whoever takes over (assuming it continues) will do a great job. But still, there are many characters who haven't been in the comic book, who haven't been drawn by Langridge (I know, they might appear in the next storyarc which will still be done by Langridge)...
  12. M

    Why do images of DVD covers include the spine?

    Back in the VHS era, whenever an image of a video cover was shown in advertisements (whether print or televised), we'd only see the cover. Flash-forward to the DVD era, and whenever a cover is shown, the spine of the DVD is shown as well. Anybody have any idea why the spine is always shown in...
  13. M

    Your Thoughts: The Muppet Show Comic Book

    Considering the next issue is supposedly about Christmas (or at least winter, but I think I read it iinvovles Christmas) it will be sad if it doesn't get released until after Christmas ends (though the trade paperback should be released after Christmas and several months before next years...
  14. M

    Deleted scene in the Muppets Take Manhattan

    You know, I think that was filmed and cut. I've pretty much always noticed that when the scene in the movie starts, Floyd and Animal (and I think Janice, at least in the widescreen version) are seen (in the mirror), but then the band is seen in the orchestra, without them shown leaving. I...
  15. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    The only thing that would have made that interview better would have been if Louis Henry Mitchell divulged what speciffic Sesame Street News ssegments will be included. Too bad you didn't ask if he thinks there'd be any chance of there being a "Sesame Street News" DVD collection in the...
  16. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Around the World Day" with Grover.
  17. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    Muppet Wiki now has a cover image of the new Elmo's World DVD, and the title is actually "Penguins and Animal Friends".
  18. M

    Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

    I have a feeling that if a new Muppet TV series were made they won't make the mistake of introducing so many new characters at once while only a handful of classic characters get plenty of screen time. I felt confident of this even before the Disney buy-out. Sure, Statler and Waldorf: From the...
  19. M

    Muppets at Macy's Thanksgiving Parade

    I don't know if it's because of Sesame Workshop's financial problems or what, but I noticed that this year Herry, Alice, and Barkely were all absent from the float. I don't know if they were also missing last year, but it is sad that these characters didn't appear, even though any of them are...
  20. M

    Cookie Monster makes SNL audition tape on YouTube

    Wouldn't it be funny if on SNL tonight they did a sketch parodying Cookie Monster's audition tape? If the show did it would mean that somebody at SNL is aware of this.
Top