Search results

  1. M

    Land Of Tinkerdee Pilot

    I thought Disney owned the rights to the Tinkerdee specials. Unless this was a mistake then I hope Lionsgate releases them in the near future.
  2. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    Here's a few other things that should be done, which I don't think any of us have suggested: Have the Muppets appear in a float at the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, preferably before or after the Sesame Street float. It'd especially be great since it'd be on the day of the movie's release...
  3. M

    Jim Henson's Red Book

    Today the website has an entry on the last episode of Sam and Friends, including scans from the script (oddly, the script doesn't have anything that states who says what line). http://www.henson.com/jimsredbook/2010/12/15/12151961/
  4. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    Actually, none of those are owned by Henson, except maybe Sam and Friends (I've read that Universal owns the distribution rights to S&F through it's ownership of NBC). The Ed Sullivan Show appearances would be owned by SOFA Entertainment (or whoever owns The Ed Sullivan Show). The commercials...
  5. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    Regarding that Muppet video game plot somebody else mentioned, in which Walter or a fan-created whatnot locates the Muppets, it would be a real fan dream if the player were to locate Kermit at Sesame Street. I doubt Sesame Workshop would license the characters for a Muppet video game, but if...
  6. M

    Ever think about asking kids these questions...

    There are two things I wonder about when it comes to what kids know/think about Sesame Street. I wonder if anybody has thought about "surveying" kids on these two things... I'd like to ask kids these survey questions as well. 1. Who do the kids see as the star of the show? Do they see Big...
  7. M

    Why people dislike modern Sesame Street

    I hadn't thought about that as a reason to dislike the show. Then again, it gets me wondering: If Abby was on the show in the old days, would Big Bird have asked her to magically made the adults see Snuffy? Would Abby have used her magic to bring Big Bird back to Sesame Street in FTB? Would she...
  8. M

    Are Sesame Street specials and videos tested?

    We know that pretty much every Sesame Street episode and segment is researched and tested to kids before airing, but can the same be said about the various teleivison specials, movies, and video/DVD releases? I guess the more recent specials like Families Stand Together and When Families...
  9. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    I don't think it's been since 2002. I believe the halloween special was first announced in 2009. As far as I know it's still being planned, though Disney is currently focusing on the movie now. I wonder how feasible that would be. I know that after series 2 Palisades switched to a new...
  10. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    Well, Phillip said that people at Disney/Muppet Studios are reading this. I wonder if they'd be most likely to consider the things that pop up the most on these wishlists. That would help show what most fans are interested in. I was going to suggest that as well. Allow Kermit to make a few...
  11. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    In that case, in addition to what I've already asked for, I'd like the MuppeTelevision segments from The Jim Henson Hour to be released, either on television or DVD. But I'd really like for Disney and Henson (and Sony and Lionsgate, if neccessary) to work together to get an uncut Jim Henson Hour...
  12. M

    The Muppet Mindset

    Not to nitpick but it seems she got Rowlf's Rhapsodies and Sing-Along Dance-Along Do-Along mixed up.
  13. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    I'm a little confused by this line. Are you saying that they could put more material by nixing widescreen? I don't think including it in either widescreen or full frame would affect the amount of disc space for bonus features. Unless you meant to only include one option and prefer widescreen to...
  14. M

    Muppet Show Season 4 coming in 2013

    Maybe this would be better for a seperate thread, but I wonder why video and TV rights had to be seperate in the first place, especially regarding music rights (and character rights and video clip rights). I rarely hear about any productions having difficulty in renegotiating residuals for cast...
  15. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    I read that there will be a set of Muppet plush resembling the actual puppets to be released when the movie does. I assume they'll be different from the Master Replicas. But still, I'd like there to be a big McDonald's happy meal promotion. Perhaps something as big as the 1996 happy meal...
  16. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's "Look and Find Day" with Elmo.
  17. M

    Classic Mister Rogers from the 60's and 70's now available for download and DVD

    Thinking about this has triggered a memory that I forgotten about: Were there VHS releases of the series in the 1980s/early-1990s? Because I feel like I've seen video copies of the show somewhere when I was a really young child.
  18. M

    Oscar's trash can and lid

    I thought I'd start a thread about Oscar's trash can and trash can lid. As we know, Oscar is often inside his trash can, and the can seems to be bigger on the inside than the outside. On the show, Oscar's lid is often hinged up when Oscar sticks his head out. In a recent article at The...
  19. M

    Anyone ever notice...

    Yes, I noticed. He also wasn't in A Special Sesame Street Christmas or Don't Eat the Pictures. I asked about this a long time ago, and I think somebody said that at the time he was also on the series "Lou Grant", which might have restricted him from having time to appear in the specials.
  20. M

    The Brand New Ask Jim Lewis Thread

    Considering "Miss Piggy's Hollywood" was originally half of an episode of "The Jim Henson Hour", do you recall if there was ever any intention for the special to include any of the characters created for the show, or was it alwasy intended to have a small cast of Muppets?
Top