Search results

  1. M

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    You know, I sort of feel the same way regarding the Mini Muppet PVCs that sculpted characters together, though each choice was appropriate. For example, the Snowths are permaneantly sculpted together. It's good to have both Snowths, and the alternatives would have been to either have two...
  2. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    I can't believe that I forgot about The Subway. I am surprised that the pre-order page at The WB Studio Shop website actually contained a trademark credit for Kermit here, since he's not on the cover; While a trademark credit will appear in any DVD with Kermit regardless of how he's featured...
  3. M

    Sesamestreet.org relaunches for Season 39

    It's Number Two Day with The Count.
  4. M

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    I would have expected the Murray figure to be sculpted holding Ovejia. Much like how pretty much every toy of Slimey is sculpted to an Oscar toy (though I haven't noticed Slimey sculpted to any of the new Oscar toys planned in this line).
  5. M

    Warner Home Video now distributing Sesame Workshop DVDs

    On May 3 there's going to be a new DVD called Elmo's Travel Songs and Games. I looked at the "Kermit in Sesame Street Merchandise" page, and there was an edit saying that Kermit will be in there, but it was removed (edit history saying that it's best to wait until it comes out). The editing...
  6. M

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    Looks like the most notable character absent is Rosita. Mr. Johnson, Grundgetta, and Prairie Dawn are also missing, but I don't know if they'd be viewed as major. They look good, though not what I expected.
  7. M

    Showing the humans before introducing them

    Not to get too off-topic, but I was watching that scene recently, and noticed that when the Muppets give the secretary the script, even though she just chuckles and shakes her head in rejection, it looks like she does keep the script. All this time I'd been under the impression that Kermit had...
  8. M

    Which performer should get a documentary next?

    When I started this thread I was thinking in terms of a typical TV documentary, not a biopic. More along the lines of the people he knew best talking about him, narraration of how he came to the company, behind-the-scenes footage of him performing (and clips of him from Of Muppets and Men and...
  9. M

    Your dream 2011 Muppet Promotions

    When we get closer to the movie, it would be great if The Disney Channel or ABC Family would show all of the Muppet movies on the nights leading up to the release. One Muppet movie a night before The Muppets comes out in theaters. And if they can't show all of the movies on those channels maybe...
  10. M

    Is Sesame Workshop the only of the main companies required to do a trademark credit?

    I guess many of these are good points. Though it's been reported that Disney wants to avoid confusion as to who belongs to what company, and I would expect The Jim Henson Company to feel the same. I'm sure many casual fans still associate the Muppets, Sesame Street, and other Henson creations as...
  11. M

    Could Lips have been dropped during production of GMC?

    Lately I've been wondering: Could Henson have decided to drop Lips during production of The Great Muppet Caper? I hope I worded that right. Lips appears throughout The Great Muppet Caper, as part of the main group, but there are quite a few group scenes where he's absent: The bicycle scene...
  12. M

    Showing the humans before introducing them

    Some secretary she was, rejecting the script after only glancing at the cover (I know, Leonard Winestein threw the script in the garbage without even reading it as well, and Bernard Crawford would have probably rejected it as well).
  13. M

    Is Sesame Workshop the only of the main companies required to do a trademark credit?

    I was just thinking about that recently. I've noticed that the copyrighted toys (Mr. Potatoe Head, Slinkey, and Barbie) have been left out of Toy Story 3 merchandice, though I recall seeing Mr. Potatoe Head and Slinkey Dog toys promoted as Toy Story toys back when the first movie came out (I...
  14. M

    Your Muppet mistakes

    Back when I first got a VHS copy of The Muppets Take Manhattan, and I had become familiar with some of the celebrities in the film, I thought that Art Carney played the role of the man who showed Kermit to his table at Sardi's. He was real skinney, like Carney was on The Honeymooners, and his...
  15. M

    Hasbro's Sesame line to be unveiled at Toy Fare

    If this line is successful, I'd like to see a "Sesame Street Old School" line, even if it's a big multi-pack collection of PVCs (smaller buddy packs would be better). Maybe repeat some of the main characters, but have them look like they're from the early 1970s (either resembling early puppet...
  16. M

    Which performer should get a documentary next?

    Here's the info http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Being_Elmo
  17. M

    Showing the humans before introducing them

    I have been thinking about that scene, and somehow I feel it would have been better if Bernard Crawford was shown in that scene as opposed to that woman (who I guess would either be his secretary or wife... or maybe both... but we'll never know). She just looks at the script, looks past the door...
  18. M

    Is Sesame Workshop the only of the main companies required to do a trademark credit?

    Wow, I'd hate for a big coporation to steal my work and not acknowledge me. But I know that Disney did acknowledge copyrights for the various cartoon characters who appeared in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, and the toys in Toy Story.
  19. M

    Which performer should get a documentary next?

    Over the years, there have been many Jim Henson documentaries, and Kevin Clash just recently got his own documentary. Which performers do you think would be best to get the documentary treatment next? We'll just assume that rights regarding characters and clips won't be a problem. I think...
  20. M

    Is Sesame Workshop the only of the main companies required to do a trademark credit?

    I've noticed recently that when it comes to releasing past material featuring Henson creations owned by different companies, Sesame Workshop seems to be the only company to acknowledge the character copyright. When something with Kermit is shown on TV or included on a Sesame Street DVD, album...
Top