Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Every one Matters

timrikthegorf said:
I hope we get another song like Everyone Matters. While that movie onlyhad one song (besidfes the musical number onstage) the song was great. Nothing big, just a simple piano and guitar and 2 characters like the good old days. I do miss great muppet songs. Love or hate MTI, we got some good songs out of it.
This was such a great moment, Gonzo singing yeat another sad song in his heart breaking commical way. And then kermit to sort of help him look at things in a different light, and turn the song around. It was a great moment, and a good song.

I am having trouble seeing the clip you are all talking about, but I agree new original songs are a good thing. I started out kind of Bashing this Muppet OZ thing, but an really getting excited about it! :smile:

christyb

Reaction score
I think I have always been excited about it. I haven't been able to see the clip yet but I also hope to see more great songs. We haven't had very many since Muppet Treasure Island. Oh yeah. I've been gone for awhile so this might already be posted. But do we have a final airdate yet??

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Bean Bunny

Yes new original songs would really be great. I also hope we get to see Bean Bunny, with possibly speaking lines. I think Steve used to do his voice so I would guess he would not have to be re-cast.

I really hope the story is heart warming, and good clean fun.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
All things Moral

The Good Doctor said:
Look man, I do not know what your deal is. Perhaps you delight in having the last word, or in proving others wrong. I have taken it upon myself to openaly admit that i can see others point of view, as i have said many here have made excelent points that I have taken into consideration. Will I 100% agree with you on all things at all times, NO, NEVER, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

I can define Morality in all of these definations which do not all come from the Bible you will find the common thread that it is a knowledge of right and wrong.
Definitions of morality on the Web:

concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong; right or good conduct
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

ethical motive: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

not imposed from outside, but innate and can even be unconscious. We have a fundamental urge to connect. Ultimately, it's our moral qualities that force us to live in harmony with the unconscious; doing so is the highest form of morality. Morality is individual; the morality of a group decreases as its size increases. (In Civilization In Transition, Jung differentates between moral code and conscience, which is anterior to it. Real conscience comes into play when two customarily moral ways of behaving collide.) Ethics are a function of the whole person.
www.tearsofllorona.com/jungdefs.html

moral quality or character; rightness or wrongness, as of an action; the character of being in accord with the principles or standards of right conduct
www.teachingaboutreligion.org/MiniCourse/glossary.htm

goodness according to a recognized code of conduct, as in: For their leader they chose a person of the highest morality.
www.business-words.com/dictionary/M.html

Now For the last time get over it! :mad:

I checked this out with my sister who is a Law Student at Hilbert College in NY, Just incase any of you thought we could not take this to the next level!!

The statutes of limitation as well as the Supreme Court have and to some degree set in place the standard of what is morally acceptable and not in the work place, especially in regard to inappropriate office behavior. Leaning Pepe weather he be a puppet, king prawn, or any other living human like thing into your cleavage while implying a Bonus, Christmas or other wise is inappropriate office behavior there for deemed immoral, wrong and to some degree against the law, and falls some where under the heading of sexual harassment, and pro-quid-quo.

Now Is there any one else who wants to beat this dead horse some more, or can we just let it go!

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
I'd love to take a wack at this horse......wasn't it the villian who was doing the "immoral act". I mean Doc Hopper was not real moral in The Muppet Movie - he tried to kill Kermit; Nicky tried to steal and frame piggy in the Great Muppet Caper...every great villian is a little immoral. The Muppets are the moral ones (except the ones who are bad guys); the bad guys are the ones who usally missed the memo on being nice and moral.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Ok, Ok I Give Up!

Well done sir, point well taken, again I must stress the fact that you make excellent points that I am not un-open to.
I have been trying to end this thing, for a while now, and Timrikthegorf seems to keep pushing issue with me. I think he wants me to agree to see his point of view. And I do, honestly I have said over and over again that there are many good points raised on the subject and I can understand where you all are coming from.

I happen to own IAVMMC because there are parts that I really enjoy. Do I think they missed the mark in the big picture…yes I do but that is my opinion. Do I think the Morality was lacking considerably in that film I do yes but that is my opinion. If it is not ok for me to have my own opinion please some one tell me and I will never come back here again.

I have talked it in a circle, and despite my best efforts few have seenmy side of the story. And perhaps I am older and not as hip, or cool or in as the younger generation. I had thought that that was allright in a place like this.

I included that legal stuff to just get people off my back.

Now please can we just drop this?

christyb

Reaction score
*runs up to balcony with issue and let's go

*thud*

Issue offically dropped. Next topic! LoL

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
To get back on topic of the casting...

The cast list says: "These characters are currently "omitted" from speaking roles in the script", and Bobo the Bear and on the list. Now Bobo had a huge role in Muppets Tonight and an even bigger role in Muppets from Space; yet in IAVMMCM (where he had a very small role) and now Muppets Wizard of Oz (where he does not even speak) he seems to have shrunken away. I know Bill is still around doing Muppets, so is there a reason why Bobo has not taken off since Muppets from Space (I mean next to Gonzo and Rizzo, he had the next biggest part)? Why has Bobo droped off the face of the earth, it seems like he's going to join Beauregard in that group of characters people love but for some reason were left behind by their performer and/or the Muppet writers?

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Bobo

GelflingWaldo said:
To get back on topic of the casting...

The cast list says: "These characters are currently "omitted" from speaking roles in the script", and Bobo the Bear and on the list. Now Bobo had a huge role in Muppets Tonight and an even bigger role in Muppets from Space; yet in IAVMMCM (where he had a very small role) and now Muppets Wizard of Oz (where he does not even speak) he seems to have shrunken away. I know Bill is still around doing Muppets, so is there a reason why Bobo has not taken off since Muppets from Space (I mean next to Gonzo and Rizzo, he had the next biggest part)? Why has Bobo droped off the face of the earth, it seems like he's going to join Beauregard in that group of characters people love but for some reason were left behind by their performer and/or the Muppet writers?
I actually had a hard time connecting with Bobo, and well relating to him. The ohere characers no matter what the script says, or how good or bad the performing is (as if it could ever be bad) I always felt connected to them in a freindly kind of I can relate sort of a way.

But BOBO always seems void of emotion to me, and so I just had trouble relating to him, his motivation. But I do enjoy his presence a great deal, and unless I am mistaken I think he was a carry over from Muppets take Manhatten and I liked that. I also like his voice, it is a good contrast to Fozzie considering they are both bears. and I also think if he got more speaking parts, may be bigger roles I would feel more connected to him like I do the others.

I know this will ruffel some feathers but I really did not like Muppets Tonight, sorry gang it just did not appeal to me.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
I actually had a hard time connecting with Bobo, and well relating to him. The ohere characers no matter what the script says, or how good or bad the performing is (as if it could ever be bad) I always felt connected to them in a freindly kind of I can relate sort of a way.
I love Bobo, I connected with him fairly easily.