Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

T

timrikthegorf

It looks like Fozzie will be telling Piggy's henchmen bad jokes to keep them occupied. Sounds like a very clever thing to do if you ask me.

Oh, and Fozzie facedthe lasers 3 times. Once without the bag, once to get the bag, and once with the bag. :wink:

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh, and Fozzie facedthe lasers 3 times. Once without the bag, once to get the bag, and once with the bag.
Right, I was just going with the quote, speaking of which maybe it was four times...I doubt Bittermen turned them off when Fozzie left! :wink: Poor Fozzie! :embarrassed:

McFraggle

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
It looks like Fozzie will be telling Piggy's henchmen bad jokes to keep them occupied. Sounds like a very clever thing to do if you ask me.

Oh, and Fozzie facedthe lasers 3 times. Once without the bag, once to get the bag, and once with the bag. :wink:
I agree, that is pretty clever. :smile:

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
It looks like that the production may be a musical. Being that the "clip" shown in the Disney Direct was of a musical number; I think we may get some new Muppety songs! Since 1996's Muppet Treasure Island we've not had many new Muppet music. Muppets From Space lacked any origianal Muppet songs, and IAVMMCM had only 1 real new song (Everyone Matters). I feel confident that these songs in this production will be great (it's the Muppets, how could they not be)- maybe not the very best Muppet songs of all time (but then again how can you top some of the classic songs like Rainbow Connection), but I don't think they'll be the worst things we've heard the muppets belt out. I can't wait! How about you all?

T

timrikthegorf

I hope we get another song like Everyone Matters. While that movie onlyhad one song (besidfes the musical number onstage) the song was great. Nothing big, just a simple piano and guitar and 2 characters like the good old days. I do miss great muppet songs. Love or hate MTI, we got some good songs out of it.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I hope Scarecroe doesn't mind me sharing this (it hasn't been an problem in the past, sorry if it is), but here is the Disney Direct segment:

http://www.scarecroe.com/files/20041222_woz-interview.rm
That's fabulous! Thanks GelfingWaldo. Although the new song seems a bit cheesy (but who am I kidding, I love cheesy); and I found Pepe randomly blurting "I'm Just So Sexy" a tad unnecessary, but I'm not usually a complainer so I think it was great to see an actual shot of the movie, and Piggy and Kermit's chemistry was spot-on!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Give It A Rest!!

timrikthegorf said:
It's not linked from muppets.com, though it should have been. It's called disney motion, I'm not sure of the url, but if you do a search for "disney motion" you should come up with it. You have to download the soft ware, you need internet explorer, you need to downlod all the videos as well. The Muppet one was deleted becase they only play like 4 at a time and if you miss it after a certian amount of time they delete it. Perhaps someone saved it.

BTW, I asked for a definition of all things moral, not examples of what you find immoral in the movie. My point being that morality has not set definition, unless you take it from the Bible and since the Mupets are not a church morality is subjective. Perhaps you found things objectional, but I did not. It's all subjective because there is no definition of decencey or morality. You can define all things that are rocks, or all things that are plastic, but not all things that are moral. And you could tape the special, watch it, and then let you kids watch it. It's what I would have done.
Look man, I do not know what your deal is. Perhaps you delight in having the last word, or in proving others wrong. I have taken it upon myself to openaly admit that i can see others point of view, as i have said many here have made excelent points that I have taken into consideration. Will I 100% agree with you on all things at all times, NO, NEVER, NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!

I can define Morality in all of these definations which do not all come from the Bible you will find the common thread that it is a knowledge of right and wrong.
Definitions of morality on the Web:

concern with the distinction between good and evil or right and wrong; right or good conduct
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

ethical motive: motivation based on ideas of right and wrong
www.cogsci.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/webwn

not imposed from outside, but innate and can even be unconscious. We have a fundamental urge to connect. Ultimately, it's our moral qualities that force us to live in harmony with the unconscious; doing so is the highest form of morality. Morality is individual; the morality of a group decreases as its size increases. (In Civilization In Transition, Jung differentates between moral code and conscience, which is anterior to it. Real conscience comes into play when two customarily moral ways of behaving collide.) Ethics are a function of the whole person.
www.tearsofllorona.com/jungdefs.html

moral quality or character; rightness or wrongness, as of an action; the character of being in accord with the principles or standards of right conduct
www.teachingaboutreligion.org/MiniCourse/glossary.htm

goodness according to a recognized code of conduct, as in: For their leader they chose a person of the highest morality.
www.business-words.com/dictionary/M.html

Now For the last time get over it! :mad: