Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

T

timrikthegorf

I don't know about the interview with the composer, but there was an interview with Piggy and Kermit on the disney motion site and there was a short clip of a new song. KErmit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Pepe were singing and I think Fozzie had a solo part. So, the muppets aren't being pushed to the side, at least not in that song.

Disney is being helpful. They provide lots of money which lets the muppets do a lot of stuff.

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
Ok, tell me what morality is. You apprently know what is and is not moral. Tell me the nature of all things moral. Obviously you know the nature of all things moral or else you wouldn't know when something is not moral. And questions from kids are what being a parent is all about. It's your job to answer them. It's also your job to view any and all programs and movies before you let your kids watch them. Don't get mad at the muppets because you let your kids watch a movie you knew nothing about.
Look what is your problem; I have tried on 3 times now to let this drop. I was wondering how someone previews a special before it comes on TV for the first time. We have a difference of opinion and I guess that is not ok with you. Your first lesson in Morality comes from PePe and the permit to operate a topless dancer club. Your 2nd lesson comes when Mrs. B pulls PePe in to her cleavage and implies what his Christmas bonus will be.

As Sam the Eagle used to say...."Shocking!"

Now the rest of us are moving on, but if you like you may go back and read all the other posts on this subject. The other folks who like to post here have as I have mentioned made some really great points, and we have an understanding that it is ok to agree to disagree. For the record I own IAVMMC, because there are parts of it I like, but it is unfortunately to adult for my kids right now.

So moving on now!!

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Disney and the Muppets

I had red on Muppet central that Disney is spending a lot of money on reintroducing the Muppets to the public. People know who Kermit is but a lot of folks (parents) have kind of forgotten what he and his friends stand for. The article goes on to say that before toys and products are released Disney wants to build the public awareness and get people excited about the Muppets again. At least that is what the article said you can read it here if you like.

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/122204.shtml

So Muppet Wizard of OZ is a big deal.

Tarbipoo

Reaction score
Whatttt??? How come Mulch is in the movie (though non-speaking) but my favourite gets no air-time...Dr.Phil Van Neuter! His assistant gets a shot at Muppets in Oz but no Phil...

:attitude: Shocking!

I just wish I can find somewhere to download the Muppets on Family Fued, and Muppets Surivior. That would have been great viewing

Bye for now!

Beauregard

Reaction score
timrikthegorf said:
I don't know about the interview with the composer, but there was an interview with Piggy and Kermit on the disney motion site and there was a short clip of a new song. KErmit, Fozzie, Gonzo, and Pepe were singing and I think Fozzie had a solo part. So, the muppets aren't being pushed to the side, at least not in that song.

Disney is being helpful. They provide lots of money which lets the muppets do a lot of stuff.
Which site are you refering to? www.muppets.com ?

T

timrikthegorf

It's not linked from muppets.com, though it should have been. It's called disney motion, I'm not sure of the url, but if you do a search for "disney motion" you should come up with it. You have to download the soft ware, you need internet explorer, you need to downlod all the videos as well. The Muppet one was deleted becase they only play like 4 at a time and if you miss it after a certian amount of time they delete it. Perhaps someone saved it.

BTW, I asked for a definition of all things moral, not examples of what you find immoral in the movie. My point being that morality has not set definition, unless you take it from the Bible and since the Mupets are not a church morality is subjective. Perhaps you found things objectional, but I did not. It's all subjective because there is no definition of decencey or morality. You can define all things that are rocks, or all things that are plastic, but not all things that are moral. And you could tape the special, watch it, and then let you kids watch it. It's what I would have done.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
I was heart broken to see him have to face those lasers, but doing it a 2nd time was just plain dumb.
Aww, I love that he had to do it twice, that's what made it funny! yeah you feel bad for poor old Fozzie, but look what he would do for all his Muppet friends! I love Fozzie's whole sence and I think it was making up for his more shorter shots in MCC and MTI. It would have been better if they got Steve Irwin as the Crocodile Hunter but I don't think Fozzie seemed dumb in IVMMCM. I''ll bet Fozzie will be more witty in wizard of Oz, his "Wocka Wocka" quote in the cage he's trapped in the Oz Teaser ad seems reasuring;-) Now that Fozzie has a steady puppeteer on hand working on the films he seems like his old self to me.