Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

The Good Doctor

Reaction score
Thanks

GelflingWaldo said:
Brain has been a big part of this production (not only as an executive producer, but as as a performer). Brian was on the set a lot working on the film. Brain performed Sal, Scooter, Janice, and some other puppet work too. He's still around and working his characters.

Kevin on the other hand had a conflict with the Sesame Street shooting schedule. Being Kevin is behind Elmo, he was needed on the set a lot to do shooting for Sesame Steet (and Elmo's World), whereas the other puppeteers that overlap into The Muppets from Sesame Street (like Steve and Eric) could get away to shot The Muppet Wizard of Oz. Kevin could not get to the set to shot the film. Kevin did loop his character's lines (so it's still his voice), but he was not able to get to the set to work the puppets. He is not handing off his characters of phasing them out, but in this case he just could not physiclly do the puppeteering needed. This has happened on a lot of the muppet productions with diffrent muppeteers (having someone else work the puppet and looping lines later due to scheduling/time conflicts and restraints). Kevin is still around and working his charactes, but this production and Sesame Street had conflicts in shooting times which could not be changed.
Thanks for making that clear. I think that is waht Frank OZ and Jerry Nealson did for a long time, just looped the voice for there characters. I hope The New Sam gets his vice down soon.

WOCKA2416

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
Brain has been a big part of this production (not only as an executive producer, but as as a performer). Brian was on the set a lot working on the film. Brain performed Sal, Scooter, Janice, and some other puppet work too. He's still around and working his characters.

Kevin on the other hand had a conflict with the Sesame Street shooting schedule. Being Kevin is behind Elmo, he was needed on the set a lot to do shooting for Sesame Steet (and Elmo's World), whereas the other puppeteers that overlap into The Muppets from Sesame Street (like Steve and Eric) could get away to shot The Muppet Wizard of Oz. Kevin could not get to the set to shot the film. Kevin did loop his character's lines (so it's still his voice), but he was not able to get to the set to work the puppets. He is not handing off his characters of phasing them out, but in this case he just could not physiclly do the puppeteering needed. This has happened on a lot of the muppet productions with diffrent muppeteers (having someone else work the puppet and looping lines later due to scheduling/time conflicts and restraints). Kevin is still around and working his charactes, but this production and Sesame Street had conflicts in shooting times which could not be changed.
Actually, I think it was reported that Brian wasn't too involved with the movie because he's directing something else, so he will be looping many of his lines later. Kevin, of course, had his Sesame Street time conflict like you said.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Zack the Dog said:
Yes as it's always been the Muppet performers perform more then one character either it be a main/minor or new or random character. So, not that it was never done but but Miss Piggy and Fozzie don't converse that much like wise with Steve as Kermit and Rizzo. Rizzo has really taken a back seat after MFS. Steve is busy with Kermit and he should be, but it's nice to have rizzo get a few lines like in IAVMMCM.

It's funny about Clifford though, I hope Kevin Clash is looping his voice for him same goes Brian Henson's Sal the Monkey. It's understandable that Janice's and Scooters voices change devloping them back to there roots as part of the Muppet gang again in new things.
But it still annoys me when a new character (such as this Ujene person...huh?) from VMC who's tuba was squashed get lines and otehr characters don't....

Still, never mind.

christyb

Reaction score
Next time we'll have Piggy squash Dr. Teeth's drums K? LoL.

DanDanStrawberry

Reaction score
The Good Doctor said:
Yes new original songs would really be great. I also hope we get to see Bean Bunny, with possibly speaking lines. I think Steve used to do his voice so I would guess he would not have to be re-cast.

I really hope the story is heart warming, and good clean fun.
But not too clean, not OTT let's all bake apple pie for grandmama clean...just, clean.

christyb

Reaction score
Beauregard said:
Er, does Dr Teeth play drums? :wink:
Oops. Never talk and type at the same time. I was talking to someone about drums and their playing I meant Keyboard.:embarrassed:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Ah, I see.

I was thinking more, Zoot's Sax, or Lip's Trumpet.