Muppets' Wizard of Oz cast list

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The human cast of "The Muppets' Wonderful Wizard of Oz" was announced last month and today Muppet Central has received a cast list of the Muppet characters and performers in the film.

Since the film is currently in the beginning production stages, it is possible that there may be some character changes and additions before the telefilm airs late next Spring on "The Wonderful World of Disney."

http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/092804.shtml

King Jim

Reaction score
Very nice.

Phillip, Thanks for adding my Muppets coundown to the news site too. appreciate it.

Luke

Reaction score
Great news, and there are some interesting things there. Drew Massey doing Sal instead of Bill and Clifford instead of Kevin Clash. Eric doing Sam Eagle, and obviously Jerrys characters being shared out. I guess the original perfomers will dub the voices later though and it's a case of the main Muppeteer doing something else in the same scene or not being there. It's great to see a good mix of the older background characters returning as we had with VMX, even Foo Foo!

floydnjanicefan

Reaction score
This list has made me really excited for the movie! I am so glad that the Electric Mayhem, Rowlf, and Scooter are on the cast list. The fact that Angel Marie, Old Tom, and Real Old Tom are on the list is also exciting. Also glad about Foo foo being in the movie... maybe at one point Miss Piggy wants to be Dorothy so she comes on in costume with Foo foo...

Thanks for posting the list, I can't wait to see this movie now! :big_grin:

muppet_dk

Reaction score
It's nice to see that some of the pirates from MTI is returning for this one.
I wonder if John Kennedy has been given Floyd after the recent recast, or if he is only doing the puppeteering and another one does the voice.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Luke said:
Drew Massey doing Sal instead of Bill
Brian normally does Sal (not Bill), and if you look at the cast list, Brian also has Sal, I guess Drew will do it in scenes where Brian already has another character, and the lines will be doubed by brian.

Luke said:
Drew Massey doing ...Clifford instead of Kevin Clash.
Kevin Clash is not performing due to conflicts with his Sesame Street taping schedule. Kevin's characters will likely be looped in post-production with his voice of the character.

Luke said:
Eric doing Sam Eagle
He did a great job in the very mery muppet christmas movie as Sam, let's hope he keeps it up.

Luke said:
and obviously Jerrys characters being shared out.
John Kennedy has Floyd, Bill Barretta has Lew Zealand Steve Whitmire had Statler, and Alice Dinnean Vernon has Camilla. (Robin, Crazy Harry, along with a few other popular classic Muppet characters are still "hand-less", but I guess they will be filled in when needed). I hope the new performers do a good job of carring on the characters.

muppet_dk said:
It's nice to see that some of the pirates from MTI is returning for this one.
I think it's great to see these guys again. I wonder why Dead Tom is not on the list.

Luke

Reaction score
GelflingWaldo said:
I think it's great to see these guys again. I wonder why Dead Tom is not on the list.
Yeah i should have kept Dead Tom in the Palisades pack-in contest. I would have really like him in the figure line.

It's also great to see Allan Trautman back working with the Muppets, i think he's brilliant both acting and puppeteering.

Xerus

Reaction score
It's good to know that some of my favorite characters like Bean, Floyd, and Rowlf will be included in this movie.

And I'm glad Dave Goelz is still doing his characters. I don't think I'm ready yet for Gonzo to have a new performer.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Brain better not hand off Sal. I hope it is a case of Brian having another character and Brian looping in the voice latter. I am SO HAPPY that Steve FINALLY has Statler. He really should have been the one to take over for Richard from the start. He's very good. I do wish Jerry could still do the work, but he deserves to retire. At least they are recasting instead of putting his characters into storage.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Xerus said:
It's good to know that some of my favorite characters like Bean, Floyd, and Rowlf will be included in this movie.

And I'm glad Dave Goelz is still doing his characters. I don't think I'm ready yet for Gonzo to have a new performer.
I think Dave is onl in his late 50's so he should be going strong for a little while longer. It is hard to believe how much time has passed since these characters started.