Fraggle Rock film in development

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
It's funny the Internet Movie Database doesn't list his DOB. It looks like his last acting job was only a year ago. I would say he's right around 80 years old. Give or take a few years

BEAR

Reaction score
unclematt said:
Do you think he would be willing to do it?

I think he would. He was pretty well known for that role and I think he enjoyed doing it at the time. From what I have read he was a very nice man and a good friend of the Henson Company.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I am cautiously endorsing this project. The elements seem to be there.

I haven't read everything here; is the original music team signed on for this?

I can only pray that the revamping of the core Muppet cast doesn't happen here as well. That would be the end of the world as far as I'm concerned. To deface the classicness of the Fraggles would be a sign of the apocalypse for me. The humor has got to be classic; it would be horrible for corny pop-culture referrences and semi-adult humor. But it is Disney, so I'm expecting all of this, plus a smattering of pop icon cameos with goofy, "with-it" lines. :rolleyes:

I'm praying for good things; with the original cast most likely in, and Juhl back at the scriptwriting, it may be something good. But I'm still very cautious, and will remain critical. Jim isn't here to oversee; that is now and always will be the missing puzzle piece.

BEAR

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
I am cautiously endorsing this project. The elements seem to be there.

I haven't read everything here; is the original music team signed on for this?

I can only pray that the revamping of the core Muppet cast doesn't happen here as well. That would be the end of the world as far as I'm concerned. To deface the classicness of the Fraggles would be a sign of the apocalypse for me. The humor has got to be classic; it would be horrible for corny pop-culture referrences and semi-adult humor. But it is Disney, so I'm expecting all of this, plus a smattering of pop icon cameos with goofy, "with-it" lines. :rolleyes:

I'm praying for good things; with the original cast most likely in, and Juhl back at the scriptwriting, it may be something good. But I'm still very cautious, and will remain critical. Jim isn't here to oversee; that is now and always will be the missing puzzle piece.
Are you sure Disney is producing this film? Also, I'm sure you heard, but Jerry Juhl passed away a couple weeks ago.

Cantus

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure Disney has Fraggle Rock. I know they have the Muppets, but Fraggle Rock is something separate, like Sesame Street. I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that's the way it is, otherwise I'm pretty sure it would've read Disney producing Fraggle movie, instead of Henson.

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Cantus Rock said:
But it is Disney, so I'm expecting all of this, plus a smattering of pop icon cameos with goofy, "with-it" lines. :rolleyes:
Disney is not involved in this project, this production is in complete control of the Jim Henson Company - Disney is not in the picture at all.