Fraggle Rock film in development

BEAR

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
But, in the last episode, after moving didn't the Fraggles still find their way to his new house?

I don't think anybody's said "NO" Doc in the movie. It's been posted that he's still acting and is doing fine.

I did ask that if you HAD to replace the character with another actor, who would it be--that's all. Just curious.

Really, a Fraggle Rock story isn't a Fraggle Rock story without Doc. The only reason I could see for them NOT using Doc is because of his many incarnations in all the different countries (they didn't use the same actor in every country, y'know that already though). Plus, the toolshed changed with every show to a lighthouse or whatever else.

Whatchoothinkin?
Right but the one we all know is Gerry Parks. He is the "real" Doc as far as I am concerned. He appeared in MFC and everything. I don't think there is any need to have a bunch of different Docs for this film to accomodate every country it gets released to. That is spending extra money they don't need to pay. What is the point for a movie. You don't see them redoing Follow That Bird using the international character counterparts. It is the same movie with the same message no matter who views it. I just don't get it. It would be the same character. Maybe I am just naive or something.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm kind of with Bear. Don't mean to be selfish or anything, but I love Doc. And he's still around and acting, and most likely would do it (who wouldn't? It's Fraggle Rock!) I'd rather not think about replacing Doc! If it had to be done, I have no clue who would be a good replacement..

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BEAR said:
Maybe I am just naive or something.
No, you're not.

They won't re-film Follow that Bird with other countries' Big-Bird-Counterpart because it was filmed totally for the American Audiences (and those familiar with it) which is why it all happens on Sesame Street, with the NY Sesame Street Cast, etc.

Though, now that you've made me think of it, why HAVEN'T the other versions of SS made any movies?? Get 'em dubbed in english and I'd buy it down the road! (Heck, I do good to understand english!)

Honestly, I couldn't see another Doc other than Parkes. Just adding something into the thread for conversational purposes--not that it's going to be done.

Wonder what the appeal would be to foreign countries (to USA) with a different Doc than THEY'RE used to?

unclematt

Reaction score
The movies main audience would be in the USA and Canada, Right? Use Mr. Parks then. I would be very dissapointed if there was no or another actopr playing Doc. I would see the movie but I would always have that in the back of my mind. Tell me if I am wrong ablout it mainly being marketed to an American/Canadian audience.

Beauregard

Reaction score
*puts up hand*

MFC has the American Doc, and I never had a problem with that. In fact, I personally prefer him to the lighthouse Doc anyway, and I am british...so...I'd be happy to stick with the Doc of all Docs.

But if there was going to be a suggestion of no Doc, certainly procket would have to still be in the movie. Sprocket IS Fraggle Rock. He's what I watch it for.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Cool. I like having the opinion of someone from "across the waters!"

Wonder what his (Doc's) opinion is of a movie?

Beauregard

Reaction score
His Doc's opinion? Well...maybe we should go ask his physician...oh, wait...sorry...

unclematt

Reaction score
to sum it up. There needs to be a Doc and I fee it should be the Doc

BEAR

Reaction score
unclematt said:
to sum it up. There needs to be a Doc and I fee it should be the Doc

Me too. It should be no one else if we can help it. How old is Gerry Parks? You say he is still very active?