Fraggle Rock film in development

BEAR

Reaction score
Gorgon Heap said:
We may be without Jerry Juhl, but isn't there still Jocelyn Stevenson and Susan Juhl and the other main hub of FR writers? Most of the FR writers are still living, with the exceptions of Jerry Juhl and Carol Bolt (Episode 15 "I Don't Care"). Suppose Jocelyn wrote the screenplay? I think we could all be satisfied with that. It's true, by nearly all accounts Jerry Juhl was the best of the FR writers, but that doesn't mean that nobody else can take up the mantle.

David "Gorgon Heap" Ebersole
I agree. Jocelyn Stevenson was a very important part of the shows production and knows exactly what a Fraggle project should be. Same goes for Susan Juhl. I mean, she was his wife for petes sake. She knows what Jerry would have wanted. Plus, we got all 5 of the original Muppet performers (assuming they will ALL be involved which I doubt otherwise) adding their own imput. There is no Pepe walking that controversial line, so what's to loose. I am sure it will all be wonderful. If Gerry Parks signs on to reprise his role as "Doc" well then that is just the sweetest icing on the cake too.:excited:

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
Also since Susan Juhl was Jerry Juhl's wife, she probably knows a lot about how her husbands writing was since she was married to him for many years, and she could write the movie according to how Jerry would have written it. I'm sure she knows just what he would do. People who have been married for many years tend to know a lot about each other. I still think this is going to be a very good movie, and I think it should be dedicated to the loving memory of Jerry Juhl. :sympathy:

BEAR

Reaction score
BooberFraggless said:
I think it should be dedicated to the loving memory of Jerry Juhl. :sympathy:

It probably will be. Also, like Kevin said, Jerry Juhl probably left behind some notes or even partially written scripts to go towards the film. He may get a writing credit of his own. I understand that they were thinking of making a film like this years ago.

BlazingBeaker

Reaction score
Oh my Oh my!!! I can't believe they're gonna make a Fraggle Rock movie!
Now something i can share with my daughter! Now she will hopefully understand my excitement of such a wonderful kids show!:excited:
:excited:
I have been waiting for soooo long for the fraggles to get the limelight they awesomely deserve!:cry:

unclematt

Reaction score
I am not getting my hopes up yet. I have been let down so many times before.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
BlazingBeaker said:
Oh my Oh my!!! I can't believe they're gonna make a Fraggle Rock movie!
Now something i can share with my daughter! Now she will hopefully understand my excitement of such a wonderful kids show!

I have been waiting for soooo long for the fraggles to get the limelight they awesomely deserve!
Go buy Season One on DVD so they'll put Season Two on DVD also!!
GO GO GO! :smile: