Search results

  1. M

    Peter Friedmans performances

    I have noticed that in most of The Muppet Show episodes that peter Friedman performed in, he normally got at least one big role. However, most of those roles were in music numbers, where the voices were mostly pre-recorded. I have read that Jim Henson did the actual performing of the lead singer...
  2. M

    Planned but never finished

    I thought I'd start a thread concerning henson productions that were planned but were never made, or at least weren't completed. Here are some of the things that I know of: Movies An italian Film (without muppets or creatures) a Dinosaurs movie The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made...
  3. M

    Quongo the Gorilla appearances on TMS

    Appearances by Quongo Peter Sellers: he appears in Muppet labs and in the goodnights. Raquel welch: I think he appeared in the cold opening. Beverly Sills: He leaves the stage after Kermit decides to cancle the openign number (which was supposed to be a chineese gorrillia dancing ballet)...
  4. M

    Life-changing question!!

    Most of the Sabbaba muppet plush toys didn't really look too great. The Fraggle Rock plush toys from sabbaba look really good, so I don't know why the muppets can't look as great. It's a wonder that Palisades Toys can give Animal a hair sculpt that looks more accurate than the hair that Sabbaba...
  5. M

    An Animated Sesame Street series

    I often think about an animated Sesame Street show. It would be cool. If it were done in the 1980s and 1990s, then Ernie, Bert, Cookie Monster, and Grover could have appeared on the street more often than they did on the show. I wonder kind of format an animated Sesame Street would have...
  6. M

    The Henson Connection

    George Lucas originally offered the role of Yoda to Jim Henson, who was too busy to be involved with The Empire strikes back and recommended Frank Oz, who has performed Yoda in every Star Wars movie since. kathy Mullen also performed Yodas right hand in The Empire Strikes back.
  7. M

    Head of MHC fired by new Disney CEO!!

    I wouldn't complain about Bob Iger wanting to get the existing muppet library of titles released soon. So far Disney hasn't really marketed much existing muppet titles on DVD or television, and the stuff that Disney has made available are stuff that I would have expected to be released. I would...
  8. M

    Life-changing question!!

    Well, one reason is probably because the Jim henson Company was really picky about how Miss Piggy should look in merchandise. I do not know if Disney is as picky or not. i guess we'll just have to wait untill there starst to be a lot of new Miss Piggy dolls (approved by Disney and not henson)...
  9. M

    Your Thoughts: Emmet Otter DVD

    Kermits final sceen was cut from the Columbia/ tri-Star release, so editing the two DVD releases together wouldn't get you an uncut copy.
  10. M

    Questions about the Playhouse Videos

    Did all of the characters who visited Scooter request songs or stories? Did the fish request Friendship or Octopuses Garden?
  11. M

    Your Thoughts: Emmet Otter DVD

    So, Disney refused to allow Kermits scenes to be included after all? Thats terrible! :mad: I wonder why Disney wouldn't allow kermit in the DVD release. Disney allows for Kermits old scenes to be on Sesame Street. I don't think that Hit! is a major competitor against Disney. It's not like it is...
  12. M

    how would you compile a Kermit 50th anniversary CD?

    Maybe two volumes would be more like it..... Kermit The Frog: 50 years of being green vol. 1 1. Happy Feet 2. I Hope That Something Better Comes Along 3. I Won't Dance 4. Together Again 5. Steppin' Out With A Star 6. Moving Right Along 7. Being Green 8. Love led Us here 9...
  13. M

    Questions about the Playhouse Videos

    That's weird that Waldorf appeared but Statler didn't. Yes, I know Richard Hunt was performing Scooter, but Statler still could have made an appearance, or Waldorf could have been left out. Were any clips with Statler shown? Who performed the fish (I'm guessing Jim Henson, since he performed the...
  14. M

    Muppets Tonight on DVD

    What are these ranks from?
  15. M

    TV Shows On DVD Says Muppets Tonight Could Possibly Come to DVD

    I wonder why it is usually suggested that Muppets Tonight will come out on DVD after every season of The Muppet Show is on DVD. Couldn't it be released on DVD before the last season? After all, this is a different show, not just a continuation of The Muppet Show with a new title. If Disney...
  16. M

    The Henson Connection

    Several episodes of Muppet babies, including Gonzos Muppet Video Show, Muppet babies: The next generation, and the episode where nanny planned a vacation all had refferences to Star Wars. Clips from the star wars movies have also been used on the show.
  17. M

    Big Bird in China or Japan?

    I wonder why none of his writing credits are listed at the internet movie database. I also wonder if he ever considered writing for Sesame Street.
  18. M

    Big Bird in China or Japan?

    Who were the Bogs? Were they those creatures who looked a bit like monsters? The ones who had a line about bringign the peanut butter jars during the end credits? According to the Internet Movie Database, he did perform Bogg as well as Mr. Knack. It is weird that he was a regular performer...
  19. M

    Jack Burns

    Jack Burns was part of a comedy team called Burns and Schriever, with the other half of that team being Avery Schriver, who guest starred on The Muppet Show in the first season. Jack Burns was also the head writer during the first season of The Muppet Show, and he helped write the first two...
  20. M

    The Henson Connection

    One issue of Muppet magazine had both a cover featuring Kermit as Luke, Gonzo as Darth, and Miss Piggy as Leia, as well as a comic book called Super Stars War, featuring Kermit as a Luke Skywalker parody, Miss Piggy as a Princess Lea parody, Gonzo as barf mcvader and supersnozz, Fozzie as...
Top