Search results

  1. M

    The Best of Kermit on Sesame Street

    There is a review of this video at Muppet Central which has a run down of all segments included, although it doesn't mention everything in the clip montages.
  2. M

    Big Bird in China or Japan?

    I think Follow That Bird began filming in 1984. I guess that Martin Robinson probably took over by time filming began. I would expect the movie to have been filmed after production of the previous season was over. I don't think Brian Meehle performed Telly and then had Martin Robinson dub the...
  3. M

    Emmet Otter Special Edition coming to DVD

    Did Paul Williams explain why the lost song was cut from the special? Regarding Dog City, I don't think Hit! would have trouble releasing it on DVD. The Jim Henson Company owns the show, not Nelvana. Nelvana may have animated the show, or helped produce it, but I'm sure that Henson owns the...
  4. M

    The Henson Connection

    Frank Oz made cameos in both of the Blues Brothers movies, which featured The Blues brothers, who originally appeared on SNL.
  5. M

    The Return of the Dodos

    Chapter 25 The gang was in their car, chasing Huxley. Gordon was driving, Mumford was in the front seat, and Elmo, Zoe, Rosita, and Telly were in the back. "Mumford", said Gordon, "Use your noggin and try to think of some magic words that actually work." "Noggin, eh?", said Mumford, "A...
  6. M

    Question: Alice Cooper and the Miss Piggy duet

    Louise Gold performed Miss Piggy when she was singing. We were not supposed to know that that monster was supposed to be Miss piggy transformed into a monster untill after the song. The monster puppet used in that scene appeared in a few other episodes and was called Beakie.
  7. M

    Bert's Pigeon Bernice?

    At the end of the special Don't Eat The Pictures: Sesame Street At The Metropolitan Museum of Art, we see a close-up of a pigeon and hear Bert say, "Go home, Berniece". So I guess we see Berniece there, even though the pigeon seen could have been a different pigeon from the one Bert was talkign...
  8. M

    Your Thoughts: TMS Season 1 DVD

    I never said that it wasn't from the muppet show with Kermit hosting. I was just pointing out that John Lovelady can be seen at the end of Sex And Violence, along with the other performers.
  9. M

    Questions about the Playhouse Videos

    Were the "That's Entertainment" openign number and Pigs In Space sketch from that episode included, too? Did this video have any other out of place clips from any other recurrign segments, like Muppet Labs, Pigs In Space, Veterinarians Hospital, and so on? Yes, that is the song I am...
  10. M

    The Return of the Dodos

    Chapter 24 It was almost showtime. The Sleaze brothers moved the cages onto the stage, behind the curtain. "Now, remember", said Sam Sleaze, "When I raise the curtains, you all sing." Sam left to get introduce them. "Will we ever get out of here?", asked Donnie. "I don't think...
  11. M

    The Henson Connection

    Original SNL cast members Chevy Chase and larrane Newman both appeared in Sesame Street Presents Follow That Bird (Chase as the newscaster, Newman as the voice of Mommie Dodo).
  12. M

    appearances by the Gogolala Jubilee Jugband

    There was one mistake in the muppet morsels in the Muppet Show season 1 DVD set. In the morsels for one of their segments, it was said that the muppet versions of Jim Henson, Frank Oz, and Jerry Nelson occassionally appeared with them, but the only one of those muppets who ever appeared...
  13. M

    Big Bird in China or Japan?

    Brian Meehle did perform Barkly in Big Bird In China. The credits say so. Besides, this special was made in 1983, a year before Brian Meehle stopped performing on Sesame Street. Fred Garbo took over after that, and then Bruce Connelly eventually took over the role sometime in the early 1990s.
  14. M

    The Henson Connection

    Here is the obvious Saturday Night Live/ Henson connection: During the first season of saturday night live, the muppets were semi-regulars. Jim Henson created a new group of muppets, which included King Ploobis, Queen Peuta, Scred, The Mighty Fuvog (which is frquently spelled "Favog" in most...
  15. M

    what celebrities should appear this season?

    I have been listening to the radio and doing some thinking latley. maybe instead of Since You've Been Gone, she coudl rework Because Of You as Because Of U.
  16. M

    Your Thoughts: TMS Season 1 DVD

    I never noticed that before. At what point did it happen? Of course, there are a few pictures of John Lovelady on the internet. I think The Complete henson Database has a picture, and I have seen a picture of him on the set of The Great Space Coaster at a website maintained by Jim Martin. Also...
  17. M

    Big Bird in China or Japan?

    Farley was a green boy with orange hair and a yellow turtleneck who appeared on Sesame Street in the early 1970s. He was performed by Jerry Nelson. There was also another boy named farley who was purple who sang the sogn Forty Blocks From My Home, and was also performed by Jerry nelson, but I...
  18. M

    The Return of the Dodos

    Chapter 23 Gordon, Elmo, Telly, Rosita, and Zoe all took a bus to the fun fair. "Wow, the bus is a fun vehicle to ride on", said Elmo. "Yeah", said Zoe, "But it's too bad I don't have my Zoemobile to take me." "Hey, why are we taking a bus, anyway?", asked Rosita. "Because my...
  19. M

    Big Bird in China or Japan?

    Barkly wasn't in Don't Eat The Pictures. It was Big Bird and Mr. Snuffleupagus who help the ghost of an egyptian boy. It seems like in this thread people keep mistaking oen character from another. First somebody mistook Farley for barkly, and now somebody mistook barkly for Snuffy.
  20. M

    Favorite Labyrinth line?

    Here is my favortie line: Guard #1: One of us always tells the truth, and one of us always lies. I am the one who tells the truth. he always lies. Guard #2: No, I don't, I tell the truth! Guard #1: Oh, what a lie!
Top