Search results

  1. M

    What Bugs Me About Muppets Tonight

    When you say that ABC kept changing the time slot, it sounds like you are saying that it's timeslot changed frequently (as ine very few weeks or days), but in fact, ABC only changed the time slot once (you do live in North America, right? Because other countries might have had different time...
  2. M

    Favorite Vet's Hospital Lines/Sketches

    My favorties are the first one with Fozzie, the one with kermit, the one with Beauregard, the one with the duck, the one with the hiccupping patient, the one with Behemoth, and the one with the cow.
  3. M

    What songs has Mahna Mahna sung?

    I don't know why there were two completely different songs titled Air on Sesame Street (both of which were performed by Jim Henson characters). I'm sure that Bip Bipadotta's version came first. A clip from that was included in Sesame Street: 20 and Still Counting, from April 1989 (so the...
  4. M

    Muppet Fairytales / Muppet Classic Theater

    Just because it was a little home video production instead of The Muppet Show does not mean that it couldn't have had more recognizable characters (I'm sure that a lot of the newer characters had to be built for this production, and they could have saved money by using older, mre recognizable...
  5. M

    Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

    Yeah, I only listed Hilda as a character who could have been in that skit because she was a wardrobe lady and I kinda think someone with that job would fit the role of a made perfectly. Also, she didn't do much on-stage, so if she acted as badly as Miss Piggy did in that sketch it would possibly...
  6. M

    Bill Bubble Guy's muppets tonight outline idea

    Did you forget to list a song for The Count, or were you unable to think of one? If you revise this outline, a good song to include would be Rock Around the Clock.
  7. M

    Lack of female Muppet monsters

    Even though Strangepork is bald? While there weren't really any female monsters on The Muppet Show, there was a female monster, Fern, on The Jim Henson Hour. There was also a female monster, Aretha, who first appeared in a Fraggle Rock episode and then made a cameo in The Muppet Christmas...
  8. M

    "Sesame Beginnings" coming to DVD in April

    I was reading the listing of ages in Sesame Beginnings and thought, if Cookie Monster is younger than Big Bird, then he must be a child on Sesame Street, since Big Bird is six, but then Baby Elmo is only six months younger than baby Big Bird, and on Sesame Street Elmo is three. So either the...
  9. M

    Lack of female Muppet monsters

    Yes, they were dancing in both Pigs in Space and in the backstage scene before it, for no apparant reason, though Link did dance with Annie Sue in an earlier scene. I wonder if Link would have been disqualified for switching partners (or maybe he and Annie Sue already got disqualified and Link...
  10. M

    Lack of female Muppet monsters

    The Green Frackle in drag was named Gloat. The Blue Frackle who had his head knocked off was called Boppity. Sesame Street has had a lot of female monsters throughout the years, though now that I think of it, I don't think there were many regular female monsters on Sesame Street at he time...
  11. M

    Earl Kress Weblog

    I just found out on another message board that our very own member Earl Kress, AKA Was Once Ernie, has just started his own weblog. Here is the link: http://mynameisearlkress.com/weblog/
  12. M

    Lack of female Muppet monsters

    Has anybody noticed that on The Muppet Show, unlike Sesame Street, there were hardly any female monsters? The closest thing to a female monster is Mean Mama, who was sometimes portrayed as a male but also often as a female. Of course, it could be said that she was a woman who people mistakenly...
  13. M

    TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

    It's also a shame that they didn't include the alternate Connie Stevens episode.
  14. M

    Season 35 reruns begin April 3, 2006

    How is it making matters worse by showing season 35 episodes while we wait for season 37? It's still reruns for a longer amount of time either way. There's nothing wrong with watching reruns, especially if the reruns are episodes you haven't seen. There must be thousands of episodes that I...
  15. M

    Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

    I don't recall there being any mention of who brought the monster onboard, nor do I remember seeing Mean Mama appear backstage coming on-stage.
  16. M

    Did this ever happen?

    The character guide does have some mistakes. In the current events section of Muppet Wiki, the person who wrote the guide admitted that after it was published at the Kermitage website, he learned a few of his own mistakes that were posted there. He had gotten some of the names, performers, and I...
  17. M

    The "Snake" Frackles

    One thing that I forgot to point out is that in the picture I mentioned, only Lenny's head can be seen. His arms aren't really shown, so he could have been a snake in that picture.
  18. M

    The "Snake" Frackles

    It's been awhile since i last watched the Florence henderson episode with the Muppet Morsels on, but I beleive that the morsels state that Lenny the Lizard evolved from the Snake Frackle, not the one that we've recently been calling Snake Frackle (though before the DVD release, we've been...
  19. M

    Do you think Nigel is wimpy?

    Before I saw Sex and Violence, I expected Sam the Eagle to bully/ boss Nigel around a bit, so I was surprised at the portrayal of both characters in the special. It seems like Sam was actually less grouchy/ annoyed at the shows weirdness than usual in that special. It seems like the only...
  20. M

    Muppet Fairytales / Muppet Classic Theater

    Muppet Classic Theater is a good production, at least for the time it was released, when there'd only been one muppet movie since the death of Jim Henson (oh, and let's not forget about Richard Hunt), and before Muppets Tonight was broadcast. I do wish that there were more familiar...
Top