Search results

  1. M

    The "Snake" Frackles

    I have a feeling that if the You've Got a Friend number didn't have to be cut from the DVD, the Muppet Morsels would have acknowledged him and explained his origins. That creatures other appearances (in a few audience shots and the Vincent Price opening) are probably too short to acknowledge...
  2. M

    Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

    No, Mildred never did appear backstage, but I don't think there was any rule stating that she couldn't have ever appeared backstage (most of Jim henson's non-Kermit characters didn't appear backstage much untill the second season). While The Newsman was performed by Jim Henson, who was...
  3. M

    Did this ever happen?

    No, Mean Mama was never referred to by name, otherwise fans might have known better. On her page at Muppet Wiki, there is a picture of the page from the Muppet Annual where her name was mentioned. It is the picture of Mean mama in Statler and Waldorf's box that has been used many tiems, and...
  4. M

    "Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

    Before I posted my prank, I considered mentioning in the letter some of the Ernie and Bert skits included, and making up a few skits to fool the hardcore fans into thinking that it had skts that the hardcore fans didn't even have any memory of. Here is an example: "The Ultimate Ernie &...
  5. M

    Do you think it's bad that Gonzo and Camilla remind me of me and my boyfriend?

    I don't think it's bad. I think that Gonzo and Camillia get along better as a couple than Kermit and Miss Piggy.
  6. M

    Did this ever happen?

    As far as I know it didn't happen. I haven't seen that happen in any Muppet Labs skits, and I can't think of any Muppet Labs skits I haven't seen where that could have happened. It sounds like your brother was describing the Gorillia detector skit, though that one had a gorillia, Beaker wasn't...
  7. M

    Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

    I noticed that Miss Piggy seemed really defenseless in the Sherlock Holmes sketch, and then I was reading this thread, and soemthing occurred to me. It seems like Miss Piggy's personality wasn't developed much in the first three episodes. Of course, the writers didn;t plan on having her be a...
  8. M

    Pops falls in love

    I guess that's reasonable. Though now that I think of it, it would have been funny if there had been an episode where Hilda wanted to do something on-stage, and was so desperate that she agreed to assist Bunsen in an experiment (and become the victim). Heck, she could have offered to assist The...
  9. M

    Pops falls in love

    This is a good start. It's interesting that you had Hilda ask about Bunsen, as they never interracted on the show (of course, in the first season, Bunsen rarely appeared backstage while Hilda rarely appeared on-stage). It would have been interesting if you had a similar line about The electric...
  10. M

    Non-Kermit Introductions on The Muppet Show

    Fozzie introduced some acts in the Nancy Walker episode, since he had to host it.
  11. M

    "Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

    Out of the "releases" I announced, which nes are you most dissapointed about not really being able to get (at least not yet... you never know what Sesame Workshop is considering)? Personally, I am most dissapointed about not being able to get The Ultimate Ernie & Bert Collection Vol. 1, even...
  12. M

    Questions for Kevin Donoghue - Video Co-Ordinator for Follow That Bird.

    I know that Caroll Spinney confirmed at the Henson Film Festival from 2004 that it was a stunt man who performed Big Bird in that scene. However, I have been wodnering lately if a stunt man performed Big Bird in the scene where Big Bird runs from Ernie and Bert's plan and then jumps to the ground.
  13. M

    "Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

    Yeah, I'm not sure if it would be better to expand on "news" here or to do a series of newsletters in the Fan Fiction section. Anyone have any prefferences on whether more false news should be written here or in the Fan Fiction section?
  14. M

    "Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

    Although I've already made the prank and April Fools Day is over, I've thought of another paragraph that could have been used: "...As a special way to test the market for these, we made a special deal with Blockbuster Video to release special one-disc test market editions, to be available...
  15. M

    "Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

    Since I change my signature every once in awhile, I figured I'd explain that I think this line is a refference to my current signature, "Would you like to shoot me now, or ait 'till we get home?", in case I change my signature and somebody wonders about this.
  16. M

    The Muppet Show Season Two Special Edition

    Uh, why are you listing songs that should not be on there? Are you just listing your least favorites? I think all of us want the DVDs to be as complete and uncut as possible, even including our least favorite songs and segments. Also, if you think those songs should be cut, then why are you...
  17. M

    Monsters Eating Fellow Muppets

    I wonder if Kermit was hurt very badly when Dr. Bob hit behemoth in the stomache with a hammer (assuming Kermit did feel it). It would be weird if Miss Piggy let them allow Behemoth eat Kermit for the sketch in that episode, considering that in the next backstage scene she came to kermit's...
  18. M

    "Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

    There are a few things I wanted to mention in my prank, but didn't want it to sound too detailed. One thing I was going to say about the Ernie and Bert collection was that it was going to have a picture of Ernie and Bert from 1970 on the cover and the packaging, menu and disc art would look...
  19. M

    "Sesame Street Treasures Collection" coming this summer!

    I haven't seen very many April Fools-type pranks in threads on Muppet Central. A few, but not too many. I also posted an April Fools-type thread similar to this one at The Muppet Newsflash forum, in which I posted "news" about upcoming Disney and Hit! releases, stating that Disney and Hit! made...
  20. M

    Sesame Street Live: The First 2 Shows

    I know that the thread has Sesame Street Live in the title. I've seen a few SSL threads in the Sesame Street category, one of which seems a bit long. I didn't say that there weren't a lot of Muppets, just not a lot of Muppets from the show.
Top