Search results

  1. M

    Piggy's Brothers

    Miss Piggy did dance with various pigs in At the Dance.
  2. M

    Yellow Submarine/ Capital I

    Today, I heard the song Yellow Submarine on the radio. This was the first time that I ever actually heard the song. So I was wondering... was Capital I meant to sound like Yellow Submarine? The lyrics sound a bit similar. The melody and music is different, but some of the lyrics are similar...
  3. M

    The Scoffs

    Okay, so in many character listings, the two vulture-like frackles are referred to as Green Scoff and Blue Scofff. However, in the transcript at Tough Pigs, the blue scoff refers to itself as Scoff in a song where some of the frackles refer to their own names. It is never specifically said if...
  4. M

    The Sales Pieces

    I think Kermit was a frog by then. He had his collar in that sales piece, and he was referred to as a frog as early as The Muppets On Puppets, in which he still wore his orange sweater and didn't have a collar.
  5. M

    Not toatally clear

    Both characters were created for The Great Santa Clause Switch, where they were known as Frackles. Gonzo was called Cigar Box Frackle in that special but also went by the name Snarl in a song, and Droop was called P.J. Dripsnout in the design sketches but was referred to in a song as Snivelly...
  6. M

    Roots of Sesame Street puppets

    I have heard that Kevin Clash was a puppeteer on Captain Kangaroo long before performing on Sesame Street (maybe even long before performing on The Great Space Coaster).
  7. M

    "The Best of The Muppets from The Muppet Show"

    Here are a few ideas for single-disc releases of individual episodes: Vol. 1: Muppet All-Stars Peter Ustinov Marissa Berensen Raquel Welch Lola Falana Vol. 2: Rock Stars Elton John Lou Rawls Alice Cooper Kris Kristofferson & Rita Coolege Vol. 3: Country Stars Roy...
  8. M

    A list of characters in The Muppet Showbill

    Can anybody make me a list of all of the characters who appear in the book Jim Henson's Muppet Show Bill?
  9. M

    Appearances by Gladys the Canteen Lady

    What episodes of The Muppet Show featured Gladys, the canteen lady? Here are the episode that I know of: Kris Kristofferson and Rita Cooledge: in various canteen sceens. Jean Stapleton Alice Cooper: appears in canteen scene. Marissa Berensen: appears in canteen scene. Raquel...
  10. M

    Kermit's poor bicycle skills

    In the Ford Hybrid commercial, Kermit actually seemed to have trouble riding a bike, but he didn't have any accidents. In the other productiosn I mentioned, it was the other way around. I know that Kermit rode a bike in Muppets On Wheels. Did he have any accidents there? Speaking of...
  11. M

    Compilation Fan Fic: "From the Muppets Tonight Basement"

    so, nobody has commented on this? That's a bit strange. I would have thought I'd have some replies considering how original this is. I don't think anybody else has written any Muppets Tonight compilation scripts.
  12. M

    Pops falls in love

    That was good. Was Bill supposed to be Bill the Bubble Guy? Or maybe even Bill the Frog? Or is this Bill not any specific muppet?
  13. M

    A Frog And His Bike

    At Tough Pigs, there is a section about an early draft of the script (it isn't known to the webmaster which draft it is), and in that script, there was a scene not in the movie where Kermit mentioned that he was going to ride his bike to a bus station and take the bus to Hollywood. It's too bad...
  14. M

    Gonzo and Rizzo as storytellers

    Gonzo and Rizzo were first story tellers in The Muppet Christmas Carol. Gonzo was originally going to portray the ghost of christmas fututre, but then it was decided to have Gonzo narrarate it and have the three gosts be newer characters instead of being portrayed by classic characters. After it...
  15. M

    Features intended to become regulars?

    Here's a few more that I've thought of: Advertising Segments from Later in the Show: In the Star Wars episode, there is a brief scene where Scooter basically advertizes his Six String Orchestra number. He is practicing the song, and in the same setting (It would be weird for that big set to...
  16. M

    Muppet Project for School

    Because of the muppets, I appreciate things like old music and crowds. I also appreciate other things,a dn question others for not appreciating them.
  17. M

    "The Best of The Muppets from The Muppet Show"

    That's a good idea. I've only seen half of the Liberache episode, and I really like a lot of the skecthes listed, including Take a Chance on Me (I haven't seen that one since 1994), Rockin' Robin, The Windmills of Your Mind, Gonzo's Chicken Audition, and *** Willow. I haven't seen Bird Walk (I...
  18. M

    Favorite Seasons of TMS

    To quote The Rolling Stones, "you can't always get what you want". Having said that, I'm sure that there will be posts from members who do not put season 1 on top of the list. I have seen comments from some people who think that season 1 isn't very good.
  19. M

    Features intended to become regulars?

    Here are some that I can think of: Rowlf's poems: There were two poems read by Rowlf during the first season, Silence (in the Paul Williams episode) and The Butterfly (in the Valerie Harper episode), both of which had the same setting. Maybe this was planned as a recurring sketch but then...
  20. M

    Worst TMS guest stars

    Before I want to give my comments, I want to make sure that we are talking about guests we didn't care for on The Muppet Show, and not just episodes we didn't care for.
Top