Search results

  1. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 5 Everybody got ready for breakfast the next morning. Bunsen went to tell Kermit the bad news. "Kermit, I have some bad news", said Bunsen, "It turns out that the vanishing cream is water proof!" "Oh, no", said Kermit, "Beaker is still invisible." Beaker then walked by...
  2. M

    Your Thoughts: Sesame Street Season 37

    I wonder why certain numbers were skipped. So you're saying that one didn't start sponsoring the show untill the 1980s? That would explain why so many recurring counting sketches (Pinball Number Count, Jazz, Country Fiddler, Number Painter) didn't have individual segments for one (though The...
  3. M

    big bird puppeteering

    Don't quote me on this, but I think there are some wires inside the head that Spinney can put his fingers on to move the eyes. Or maybe they are remote controlled. I've read that Sweetums' eyes are remote controlled, and I've seen a picture once, but he never gets credited with having two...
  4. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 4 It was time for the closing number. Kermit called into the intercom, "Monsters! On stage next!" The various monsters then came running, and they all bumped or tripped over Beaker, not being able to see him. "Oops! Sorry", said Sweetums. "What the...?", said Doglion...
  5. M

    when did it start becomming common to remake songs?

    Rubber Duckie and C is for Cookie have both been remade a few times. In addition to the original Rubber Duckie, Little Richard sang a cover of it in the early 1990s, a newly-filmed version featuring kids taking baths while Ernie's recording plays as the soundtrack was filmed in the 1990s, and in...
  6. M

    big bird puppeteering

    There is one person inside Big Bird, who wears a monitor on his chest to see what he is doing. There is also a small hole, covered by the feathers, that the performer looks out of to see what he is doing as well. The performer holds his right arm up into the head, and his left arm operates the...
  7. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 3 The show had gone on. Statler and Waldorf were making really bad comments. "So, what do you hate the most out of what has been performed so far?", asked Waldorf. "Oh, I hate that bear, I hate that drummer, and I hate that cute bunny", said Statler, "But who I really hate the...
  8. M

    when did it start becomming common to remake songs?

    I wonder why those new segments always use a jack-in-the-box. Why not do something new for each number? Maybe have somebody pull out a sheet of paper with one number on it, use a slot machine for another number, have the number of the day appear in a lottery-type situation (but there'd only be...
  9. M

    when did it start becomming common to remake songs?

    In recent years it seems like most songs have been remade to be modernized, though during the early years it seems like there wasn't too much concern about whether something was dated. I wouldn't be surprised if skits with the original orange Oscar or green Grover stopped being shown after the...
  10. M

    TMS Season 2 Box Set - 2007 Release?

    Don't think fans will forget about Beaker. He's been one of the most popular characters for years. He still appears in major Muppet productions (though I can't think of anything he's been in since The Muppets Wizard of Oz). There is going to be a new Disney attraction featuring him. I don't...
  11. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 2 The curtains went down and Muppet Labs was over. "What a breakthrough!", said Bunsen, "It finally worked!" "Mee mee", said Beaker. Beauregard then entered. "Hey, Bunsen, have you seen Beaker anywhere?", asked Beauregard, "We have to put together the next set."...
  12. M

    Designing Muppet World

    How about a Muppet Boarding House, made to look like the one from Mupepts From Space. Visitors can come in and walk around the house and see the bedrooms of the other Muppets. The TV in the living room can play nonstop Henson programming.
  13. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 1 Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker were getting ready for their next performance. They were both nervous ajnd excited at the same time. "Oh, this is exciting", said Bunsen, "After that Vanishing Cream Beaker action figure exclusive was made, our fans have been wanting us to make an...
  14. M

    Songs that should have been covered on Sesame Street

    Good idea. Here are some ways that some of the songs could have been performed: He Ain't Heavy, He's My Brother: a very small monster could carry a very big monster. You've Gotta Friend: It could be started by Bob and then have Bob joined by Maria, Luis, Gordon, Susan, Big Bird, Ernie...
  15. M

    when did it start becomming common to remake songs?

    At what point did it start becomming really common for Sesame Street songs to be remade? It seems to me like it's been really common since at least 1998. Of course, during the early years there were songs that got remade, but not as often as now. During the early years it seems like there...
  16. M

    How Do Get Permission To Play The Video For A Festival? Help Please

    If you can play music, and assuming you have access to copies to play, it would be good to play songs such as Bein' Green, This Frog, Tadpole, and The Rainbow Connection. All Kermit songs, and most have to do with being a frog.
  17. M

    Preformer voice range

    Jim Henson: Amanda (from The Ed Sullivan Show)/ female voices, Snake (from Emmet Otter)/ jester (from The King of 8),Kermit/ Ernie, Nigel, Link Hogthrob/ The Swedish Chef, Waldorf/ The Newsman, Rowlf, Dr. Teeth, Guy Smiley.
  18. M

    Lew Zeland's Fish Resturaunt

    Chapter 9 Mr. Frank St. Knarf still had a set of keys to the resturaunt, so late that night, he snuck into the resturaunt. He put some hot sauce in some of the ingredient bags. He also pumped some rotten foods into sme of the fish. He also pumped some alchohol into some fish. He also took out...
  19. M

    Character Departures

    I know that segments with Kermit from the first season were ocassionally shown in season two, even if he wasn't in new material. Then again, I think I've read that Grover and Herry were also in that skit mentioned, and Herry first appeared in the second season. There was a Time magazine article...
  20. M

    Character Departures

    I have been looking at the episode pages at Muppet Wiki, and it seems like Jim Henson usually only performed in the street scenes in the season premiers. He performed in the first four season premiers (I can't remember if any of his characters were mentioend in street scenes for the season five...
Top