Search results

  1. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I saw it mentioned in the press release that confirmed that it was five episodes from the first five years and mentioned what bonus skits are included. That was mentioned among the bonus clips. I guess it was a mistake.
  2. M

    Lack of charachters in the early 1980's

    I have read a post here from Michael Earl Davis, who performed during the late-1970s/ early 1980s, where he said that at one point he, Brian Meuhl, and Caroll Spinney were the only performers who were on the show full-time, while the other main performers were performing on The Muppet Show (I...
  3. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 14 Kermit and Miss Piggy were still in costume at the meeting. "So, uh, you are probably wondering why we are here", said Kermit. "Not really", said one of the employees, "We know that you are here to let us know how our company can be a bigger, better company." "Really?"...
  4. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I have been looking at the sketch lists for the episodes included, and thinking about the bonus skits that are known, and by my count, the set has at least 19 skits that have already been released on video and/ or DVD: 1. Wanda the Witch 2. Doll House 3. Beat the Time with Cookie Monster...
  5. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 13 Meanwhile, Bunsen and Clifford were stil under the table. The table was in the kitchen, but there were cooks everywhere. "This is not very hip", said Clifford, "I am feeling square." "Why won't these people just go away so that we can escape without getting caught?", wondered...
  6. M

    The Great Sesame Street Debate

    The official site didn't have a page for Little Muppet Monsters, though. One thing that I noticed is that the site had a page for Elmo in Grouchland (which Jim Henson Pictures produced) but not Follow That Bird (I don't know if Henson ever had any ownership of that movie). Sesame Street: 20 and...
  7. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I think it's pretty much been confirmed that Kermit will be included on the set. Hopefully none of his skits have been cut from any of the episodes included. But the official site shows a clip montage that includes a Kermit scene, and the official press release mentions that the set has Kermit...
  8. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I had an idea. I am not sure how good or bad this would be. But maybe, after the set is released and we know what all of the included sketches are, we could make a list of the top 45 skits from the first five seasons (and maybe also the last five seasons of the 1970s) that we want on volume two...
  9. M

    What happened to Shurlock Hemlock?

    I don't think he will be cut, I don't see any reason for his sketch to be cut, but you never know (Ten Tiny Turtles was cut from the video and DVD release of The Street We Live On, even though that had previously been released on the Sing Yourself Silly video, and that video was later released...
  10. M

    What voices can you do? Tips.

    Here are some voices that I can do (of course this is my own opinion. I haven't listened to a recording of myself talking in these voices, and nobody who has heard me talk in these voices have ever really commented on whether I sounded like them or not). Muppets: Beaker Elmo Cookie...
  11. M

    Walt Disney Company - Classic Muppets???

    I think people complain the most about Eric Jacopsons portrayal of Miss Piggy, and I agree. He is better at performing Frank Oz's other characters, but his Miss Piggy sounds a lot whinnier than Frank Oz's version. Oddly enough, his Grover sounds more accurate, and Grover sounds similar to Miss...
  12. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I think it's great that the set has the first five premiers, but I think that maybe it should have been titled "Season Premier Collection", instead of "Old School". That way, we'd know for sure if the next set (let's hope there will be one) would be the next five seasosn or not. We'll just have...
  13. M

    Muppet SNL Land of Gorch Skits coming to DVD

    This is good. I wonder how much the set will cost.
  14. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    I would also like to know if the episodes have chapter stops.
  15. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 12 Bill the Bubble Guy and Janice went downstairs to find Beaker. Bill blew some bubbles out of his head to pass the time. "Oh, will you stop that?", said Janice, "That's really annoying, fer sure!" "Oh, sorry", said Bill, "So, do you think we'll succeed?" "Of course we...
  16. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    That's great. I have some questions. If you plan on mentioning the stuff that I ask in your review then it's okay with me that you don't answer here. Does the booklet give a listing of all sketches that are included, with possible titles? Does it list the sketches and give mention of what...
  17. M

    What happened to Shurlock Hemlock?

    I just found out that the Old School set will include the first five season premiers, and I know that Sherlock Hemlock first appeared in the second season premier, so I guess that menas that he will be on the set (unless his sketch is cut from the episode on DVD).
  18. M

    Old School Sesame coming to DVD October 2006

    first five season premiers on Old School Vol. 1 On the page for Old School Vol. 1 at Muppet Wiki, there is a link to an official press release that confirms that the set will contain the first five season premiers (just like many of us have suspected). It also mentioned a few sketches that will...
  19. M

    Vanishing Cream Beaker: The Story

    Chapter 11 Kermit and Miss Piggy were in the hallways, looking for Beaker. "Beaker! Beaker!", shouted Miss Piggy. "We know that he's in the basemnt", said Miss Piggy, "We just need to get down there without getting caught." Miss Piggy then noticed a door, marked "costume room". "Me...
  20. M

    Was this song banned?

    Just because it is included frequently on the radio of a fan site (especially one that's not mantained or approved by Sesame Workshop) does not mean that it is not banned. The Muppet Wiki page quotes an article about a line that was either going to be cut or the song was either going to stop...
Top